Wordpress 404 error

Welcome to CPAElites - the original incentive CPA affiliate marketing forum online, solely based on "Cost Per Action".

Be a part of something great, join today! Learn CPA marketing with CPAElites, we will teach you everything such as the best CPA networks, CPA offers with highest payouts and best conversion rates, unsaturated CPA niches, most effective traffic sources and more.

Splash1337

Reaction score
The page you've requested can not be displayed. It appears you've missed your intended destination, either through a bad or outdated link, or a typo in the page you were hoping to reach.
This is the error how i can fix it?I am pretty sure it has to do something with the permalinks but it's getting me pissed off since i can't fix it unless i set the permalinks to Default which are like this ?p=123

CPAElites Team

Former CPAElites 1.0 owner/admin until April 2019
Reaction score
The first thing you will want to change is your permalink structure. So to do this in WordPress you will find the page under Settings -> Permalinks. The default permalink is ?p=<postid>, I like to use either /post-name/ or /category/post-name/. For the first option, you change the "custom" setting into
/%postname%/

Splash1337

Reaction score
Well it works only if the permalinks are like Default when they are on /post-name/ and i try to view the post it gives me the error that i putted in the first post

CPAElites Team

Reaction score

Splash1337

Reaction score
Well i've looked into them yesterday and now i am having another issue,is this fine if the post comes as /post-name-2/ ? would it affect SEO or something?

CPAElites Team

Reaction score
Splash1337 said:
Well i've looked into them yesterday and now i am having another issue,is this fine if the post comes as /post-name-2/ ? would it affect SEO or something?

No, it wont affect the SEO because your keyword is in the URL still, however it sounds as if you need to remove one of the categories/tags, because you may of made two of the same in there.

Or what you could do is: all posts/quick edit on each post you have, make sure that not more than 1 post is ticked under the duplicated category/tags etc...

Top Bottom