Longer Videos = Better Ranking?

Welcome to CPAElites - the original incentive CPA affiliate marketing forum online, solely based on "Cost Per Action".

Be a part of something great, join today! Learn CPA marketing with CPAElites, we will teach you everything such as the best CPA networks, CPA offers with highest payouts and best conversion rates, unsaturated CPA niches, most effective traffic sources and more.

Soup

VIP Elites CPAElites Classic (1.0)
Reaction score
If a Youtube video has a long duration like over 4 minutes or whatever, does it help it's ranking?

Panda

Reaction score
I do not think so, you could have a video thats 5 seconds long and have 4000 Views and a video that is 5 miniutes long but only has 300 in the same time period.

I get mixed up when people say ranking but I do not think so.

Calisthenics

VIP Legends CPAElites Classic (1.0)
Reaction score
I don't think it matters, but generally a video should be at least a minute long.

LinX

Banned
VIP Legends CPAElites Classic (1.0)
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well a bit of your ranking depends on how long people are watching your video in percentage form.
So let's say i got a video that's 10 minutes long and people are watching it for 8 minutes, that means people like the content and i get a 80% view time. Youtube snaps that up and they rank you good, because they know that people like the content.

But if your video is like 20 seconds it wont rank very well because next to view time in percentage (%), youtube also has a view time counter. That view time counter counts how many minutes people have been watching your video overall. So lets say you had 10 people watching your video for the full 20 seconds. Your video then has 200 seconds view time overall. (Youtube counts the overall view time in minutes so 3,3... minutes overall).

And now lets compare it to a video that is 10 minutes long that have gotten 10 views, BUT a 60% view time by them.
That's 6 minutes for every viewer and that makes it, 60 minutes view time overall. Youtube ranks that even better than the silly 20 second long video.

So if you know how to get High Retention views for a long video that's the best option here.
Both options has pro's and cons, but longer video is the best option for now.

Hopefully my post made some kind of sense, i probably made some mistake in the calculations but you get the idea.

Regards
LinX

Soup

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for clearing that up LinX! Now I gotcha xD.

ppdmaster

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that YouTube takes into account:

views/length/avg view length

So that's views divided by video lengty divided by average view length.

If this has any validity (and it very well may not) it means that the shorter the video is the better. (the smaller the length value is, the smaller (length/avg view length) is, so the bigger views/(length/avg view length) is)

Top Bottom