[INFO] Marketing Tips/Tricks

Welcome to CPAElites - the original incentive CPA affiliate marketing forum online, solely based on "Cost Per Action".

Be a part of something great, join today! Learn CPA marketing with CPAElites, we will teach you everything such as the best CPA networks, CPA offers with highest payouts and best conversion rates, unsaturated CPA niches, most effective traffic sources and more.

Bandit

VIP Legends CPAElites Classic (1.0)
VIP Elites CPAElites Classic (1.0)
Reaction score
I was pretty heavy into the IM scene a few months ago before I stumbled on these forums, I got really big into Facebook Advertising as well as Social Media Marketing. I wrote a couple of eBooks full of quality information that I gave out for free to build an active email list to sell affiliate offers to.

Now with all that on the table, here is a bunch of my information I compiled from my own readings/writings that should help out a few of you. I'm not going to do that 'thanks' thing where you have to thank me to read it, because this is not all new information. However if you do like ANY of it, please feel free to thank me by 'thanking' the post and writing a comment, or even adding reputation. Also feel free to start discussion on anything I touch on.

Yes, I wrote ALL of this information. However it is not by any means new information. Don't forget to comment/thank! :)

Also - if you like this social media marketing stuff, feel free to check out my topic on -----> Super Targeted Traffic <-----

-----------------------

As I said above, Facebook Advertising is extremely powerful because you can direct traffic to certain demographics with their paid advertising. The best part, is if you know what you’re doing it can be extremely cheap. If you don’t know what you are doing however, it can get EXTREMELY expensive. I know I have spent tons on Facebook ad’s because I didn’t know the proper method to use ads.

First let me run through the basic interface of the Facebook Ad Center. This is all relatively simple, but I figure I will explain to help with understanding.

Screen_Shot_2013_09_04_at_1_03_00_AM.png

• So first you see Link Clicks. Basically,it is just the number of times someone clicked your link/ad.
• Then you see Campaign Reach.This is the number of unique people who saw the ad. The keyword is unique here, implying that 21,527 new people saw it, there were no duplicates that saw the ad.
• After that is frequency.That is the AVERAGE number of time people saw your ads.
• Following that is Clicks, The total number of clicks on ads in this campaign. If you're promoting a Page, event or app, clicks also include Page likes, event joins or app installs that came from your ad.
• Here is the important part.The Click-Through Rate is something you want to constantly be improving, as well as the average price and cost per click. The CTR is the number of clicks you received divided by the number of times an ad was shown on Facebook. This is a very important statistic to show if you are having success at all, or not, with your ad.

Now, something you’re going to hear a lot about from me is ‘split testing’. Split testing is the process of testing one ad against another ad, to see which one is stronger and getting a better results. What you want to do with this is generally change a few variables with the one ad and otherwise have it stay generally the same. The intention with this is to see what variables are making it perform better. Although this may cost you in the short run, in the long run it will pay off as it will be an extremely successful ad that will pay off.

This is something I didn’t do when I first started, instead of split testing I would just randomly create ads and see if they performed well with out any sort of analysis. This lack of analysis made me unprepared for the awful results that followed. Shortly after I started paying more attention to split testing, my ads got cheaper, and they performed a hell of a lot better.

If you continue to split test each ad, you will begin to see better results. Make sure to use the Facebook targeting to the best of your ability when setting up your ad. A great tip with split-testing, is really just delete ads that don't perform in a day. Ads that aren't performing in a day won't perform past that, they aren't popular and Facebook understands that and won't rank them high (and they won't get many impressions.)

Screen_Shot_2013_09_04_at_1_05_26_AM.png

This is the most basic screen when you are targeting your ad. The best tip I can offer you with this is to make sure you target your demographic to the tee, because if you don’t you will waste clicks and waste tons of dollars. When I first created my ads I didn’t target at all, and I was blowing through my $20 budget daily within a couple hours. A lot of people are click-crazy for some reason and will cost you big bucks. However if it is targeted, most likely only people who are interested and willing to make an intelligent choice will click your ad. The best part is that they are already interested, your landing page/screen hardly has to be persuasive as usual, it can be a lot of ‘meat’ and useful information.

However a lot of people don’t see at the bottom “advanced targeting options” which is definitely the most important part (next to precise interests) With this area you can target there marital status, and a lot of things you wouldn’t have been able to target before. A practical use for this would be a dating site.

A very key and important part to it is the picture, the picture and the headline alone could be the deciding factor between clicks.
Here are some tips for your Facebook ad headline:

• Be shocking. I was told once by an IM that makes $500+ a day that “Thunder Thighs?” generated huge amount of traffic. Although I had little success with it, it can depend on many factors.
• Be informative – but don’t give it all away. If you remain some hint of curiosity, people might really want to see what you have to offer.

Here are some tips for your Facebook ad picture:
• Make it explain a lot about your ad. f it doesn’t make any sense and has no correlation, people will get confused and not want to visit your website.
• Have contrasting colors and vivid HD picture, it will draw the eye to your picture.

Screen_Shot_2013_09_04_at_1_08_39_AM.png

Here is an example of an ad that did pretty well for my self: It promotes sadness which people can appreciate/relate with sometimes, as well as the red border which GRABS the eyes to that side of the page. With Facebook’s blue theme, red will literally grab all of the users attention to that area.

There are absolute horror stories about people running a Google AD, and letting it run its course, and getting a bill to their credit card worth thousands of dollars. I don’t tell you this to scare you, I tell you this to be careful. To avoid this, Google wouldn’t be advisable for someone just starting out who isn't as researched, as Facebook generates an amazing amount of traffic year after year, which you can use to leverage your business.

This more or less doesn't apply to PPD/CPA, but I bet with a little tweak here and there it could for sure.

There are multiple avenues you can approach for Facebook advertising if you want to take the free route. You can target Facebook groups, or pages. Each one has a benefit, which I will outline below. These methods can generates leads, likes, and followers, however it will not be fast. The fastest way to generate that traffic is paid advertising.

Facebook Groups: You can join a ton of Facebook groups in your niche (weight loss, gambiling, video games) and communicate with them on the page. REMEMBER do not spam them, you don’t even necessarily need to advertise your page. If you are social and communicate with them, you will get noticed. Offer your best value and try to remember to be as helpful as you can. This will generate traffic over time as people will see your posts. If you are good at what you do, like a lot of people who use this method, you can learn to get about a like or two per post, which will add up if you dedicate 10+hrs a week to your business.

Facebook Pages: Lets say you’ve established about 1000-2000 likes by now, through advertising your page with various methods. One thing you can do is target Facebook pages in your niche with a similar amount of likes, and offer to do a share for share. This method is THE FASTEST method to getting likes fast, and getting a ton of traffic. If you do this to even just 10 pages, you could triple your like count with little work. These likes will help you generate leads that you may not have had before. For example, I’m in the weight-loss niche. Although this is a very competitive niche, I do things a lot of people don’t. For example, I messaged “Weight Loss Tips” and asked if we could share each others pages. Although I was 2,000 likes shy of them, they agreed to share because I added value.

“Hey there!
I really love your page, you have an amazing following and they are so active and chatty on your page. I’m relatively new to this industry, but I have likes to offer if you’re interested. If you want, I can share your page on mine and get you a ton more likes and boost your business, if you’re willing to do the same!
PS: Are you monetizing this page? Let me know what you think, by the way! Thank you.”

See that? I made it sound worth it to them. Also at the end, I offered something instead of just making it about “me me me”. This offer can really benefit them, and as you can see I hardly talked about what I wanted, because if they see I care more about them, they will be interested. Also in building a connection and a friendship with this page, I will most likely be able to return in the future and have a great chance to share for a share again.

As you can see, this is an extremely powerful method. This method will get you likes faster than any other, however you do have to have a little bit to start out with.

TIP 1​

Add value to everything that you do. If you don’t add value to everything you give to your readers, they will see no reason to invest their future in you as well as your business. Something I was told is “you never know who will join your business” this is actually made evident through my place in MLM. I joined under my family friends Nikki and Kris who I used to be baby sat by and spend a lot of time with. If you add value, stay professional, and don’t cheat out your audience, your importance will be made very clear to them.

TIP 2​

People don’t like to be sold; so don’t sell to them. Dale Carnegie even states “..customers like to feel that they are buying – not being sold.” If that doesn’t make sense to you, look at it this way! You go into your clothing store of choice, Kohl’s, GAP, Hollister, and the first thing that happens every time is an employee charging up to you asking if you need help. Sure, sometimes you need help, but the other 90% of the time you get frustrated and want to spend less time in that store. However, if all the resources are made available so that if a customer needs help, it is a much more friendly and happy environment to spend your time in. If it is worth it to the customer then they will buy, don’t force them to. If you remember to “First, arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way.” From that same book I keep quoting, “You can make more friends in two months by being interested in people than you can in 2 years by trying to get people interested in you.”

TIP 3​

Don’t give up. If working from home is something you are truly passionate about, then pursue it. No matter what venture you take there will be numerous people who are jealous and would much rather be in your position. In realizing this, you are able to free your self from the additional stress that will bring you. If you believe in your self, dedicate the time that I recommended, you will reach success. If you aren’t going to put your full 100% into it, then this isn’t the business for you. My brother had a coworker that was a waiter with him, and his coworker struggled with it. However, my brother did say he had this; and that was drive and belief in him self. His friend, although a terrible waiter, printed business cards with his face on them and handed them out to tables with their check and reminded them to ask for him next time. Fast- forward from then and his friend became a manager. Fast-forward from then and his friend owned almost 10 subway franchises.

TIP 4​

Get out of the get-rich-quick mindset. There are so many people who succeed in this business! But the only way to succeed is if you take Tip 3 and believe in your self, and then realize that it will take so much time for you to actually succeed! You will have to put a ton of effort into this business. In the book Beach Money by Jordan Adler, Jordan failed 11 companies and put 10 years of hard tears and sweat into working from home. He tried hard, but not hard enough. Eventually after a trip he realized he needed to make a plan, and after that plan his business blew up and made him rich. Hope and desire!

TIP 5​

You’re going to have to spend money. I’m sorry, but it’s the sad truth. If you want to succeed with this, you have to invest just as much hard work and time as you would your normal job, as well as the money. It will pay off in the future, so don’t sweat it now. If you are on a tight budget, don’t eat out anymore until this takes off, cut off your cable TV. Do what you have to do, dream big and succeed. You won’t remember that couple hundred or whatever it takes for your business to take off when it takes off.

Brien

Reaction score
Nice thread. I have a quick question. How does Facebook react to copyrighted content? For example, could you promote "Movie download" or "Game hack" or the like?

Bandit

Reaction score
Brien said:
Nice thread. I have a quick question. How does Facebook react to copyrighted content? For example, could you promote "Movie download" or "Game hack" or the like?

They despise it. Your ad won't get accepted. FB is best for legit niches, and probably reigns supreme for legit niches because of how targeted your traffic can be.

Bandit

Reaction score
Heraclitus said:
I tried fb ads but had no success. I just couldn't get that ctr. Mind adding me on Skype? ID: REMOVED

Of course! I'm home from college at around 3:00 EST, I'll add you and we can chat then. Thanks for the comment!

Bandit

Reaction score
ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ said:
Very nice guys thank you!

Thank you Hawk Eye, I appreciate it!

Michael_s said:
Very nice guys thank you!

Thank you for this comment very similar to Hawk Eye's...:p but really, thanks for reading, hope it helped!

Top Bottom