-'s in the domain name
2014-01-23, 04:59 PM,
For SEO purposes is it okay to have -'s in your url? Or is it discouraged?

Ex: help-thread.com

Your Future Isn't Programmed.
Learn All You Can, While You Can.
2014-01-23, 06:03 PM,
I'm not a seo expert but my new website has one - in the url and at the moment it's at the second and 3rd pages of bing/yahoo and google for a 18k searched a month keyword.

That's without any article software or whatever (idk how to do it) . It's got 352 backlinks ,URL rank 3 and 26 referring domains and it's going up the search pages slowly but surely.

So yeah, I don't think it matters and I hope I helped
Latest Thanks - View all

Amped-(2014-01-23 06:27 PM) 
2014-01-23, 06:20 PM,
NO. don't use - in domain.
for ex :
hack-tools.com
Just use hacktools.com
Latest Thanks - View all

Amped-(2014-01-23 06:28 PM) 
2014-01-23, 06:43 PM,
Nope it's not but the shorter the domain the better. Also the domain should be clear to read not sddcewe.com.

I don't think it will have an effect at all actually.
Latest Thanks - View all

Amped-(2014-01-23 07:29 PM) 
2014-01-23, 07:25 PM,
For keyword, seo purposes it is okay to use to hyphens. I wouldn't use multiple hyphens in the domain name, because you'll probably be using them in the inner pages of your website as well. The address bar will look like a hyphenated cluster f*ck.

The main reason people recommend to NOT use hyphens is, because the average end user is a moron behind a computer. You're website could be cool-kicks.com, and they'll just put in coolkicks.com and your competitor will reap the benefits and get the sales. Or they don't realize that hyphen is meant to separate words and they'll put it co-olkicks.com .

You have to remember that a good majority of people are complete idiots, can't tell the left shoe from the right. So if you put something as "complicated" as a hyphen in a domain name, you mess up their thought process..

But for SEO, it will be fine. Because you'll have a better chance of getting your keyword into the domain name as well.

You can always run some test of your own and see how well you rank or don't rank.
Latest Thanks - View all

Amped-(2014-01-23 07:30 PM) 

What do I do for a living? I chase Paper! What the f#$% do you do?
[Image: sig.gif]
2014-01-23, 07:31 PM,
(2014-01-23, 07:25 PM)XDigital Wrote: For keyword, seo purposes it is okay to use to hyphens. I wouldn't use multiple hyphens in the domain name, because you'll probably be using them in the inner pages of your website as well. The address bar will look like a hyphenated cluster f*ck.

The main reason people recommend to NOT use hyphens is, because the average end user is a moron behind a computer. You're website could be cool-kicks.com, and they'll just put in coolkicks.com and your competitor will reap the benefits and get the sales. Or they don't realize that hyphen is meant to separate words and they'll put it co-olkicks.com .

You have to remember that a good majority of people are complete idiots, can't tell the left shoe from the right. So if you put something as "complicated" as a hyphen in a domain name, you mess up their thought process..

But for SEO, it will be fine. Because you'll have a better chance of getting your keyword into the domain name as well.

You can always run some test of your own and see how well you rank or don't rank.

Could you kindly point me in the direction in which I can see where or even if my website has been ranked with the keywords I use? I am running a test now with GSA SER but not sure how to check to see if it is even working.

2014-01-23, 07:38 PM,
Depends on the type of website your making IMO, I would often use an extra letter in the domain over the - to be honest when using niches related to CPA. Not sure how much the game has changed these days, but either way if your CPA type niches then the user wont care for the extra letter. But, if of course your going for something professional looking then use the hyphen instead.
2014-01-23, 07:41 PM,
(2014-01-23, 07:38 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Depends on the type of website your making IMO, I would often use an extra letter in the domain over the - to be honest when using niches related to CPA. Not sure how much the game has changed these days, but either way if your CPA type niches then the user wont care for the extra letter. But, if of course your going for something professional looking then use the hyphen instead.

I'm really wanting to work towards a whitehat blogsite. So I'll just find a good domain with nothing in the way, just a straight forward domain.

Thanks for all the help guys.

2014-01-23, 07:47 PM,
(2014-01-23, 07:31 PM)Amped- Wrote: Could you kindly point me in the direction in which I can see where or even if my website has been ranked with the keywords I use? I am running a test now with GSA SER but not sure how to check to see if it is even working.

Could always use Moz.com or get CuteRank Professional or Traffic Travis

What do I do for a living? I chase Paper! What the f#$% do you do?
[Image: sig.gif]
2014-01-23, 07:50 PM,
(2014-01-23, 07:41 PM)Amped- Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 07:38 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Depends on the type of website your making IMO, I would often use an extra letter in the domain over the - to be honest when using niches related to CPA. Not sure how much the game has changed these days, but either way if your CPA type niches then the user wont care for the extra letter. But, if of course your going for something professional looking then use the hyphen instead.

I'm really wanting to work towards a whitehat blogsite. So I'll just find a good domain with nothing in the way, just a straight forward domain.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Yes if your going down that road I would suggest against adding extra letters then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Expired Domain Question martek 1 76 2017-10-19, 11:54 PM
Last Post: krmr
  DMCA for domain naathanz 8 591 2017-10-17, 11:18 AM
Last Post: scifi48
  Question about rakning with aged domain Christopher 6 174 2017-08-27, 09:46 PM
Last Post: YalaYolo
  Cpa + 000webhosting and Namecheap domain problem Denisdeblois 2 174 2017-08-12, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Denisdeblois
  How to put CPAGrip Offer on my domain? xDarkEclipse 4 269 2017-08-05, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Watt

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top