YouTube in Google ranking update
2013-11-21, 04:14 AM,
Hey guys,

It used to be very easy to rank YouTube videos in Google just by blasting a shitload of backlinks to a video and then you'll get ranked within 5 days. Now however something weird happened, I think the algorithm updated or something as I'm not getting ranked for this video. Eion also told me Google had a YouTube update.

Hope someone can help me with this!

Regards
Latest Thanks - View all

rubelpangsa(2014-10-04 09:34 AM) 
2013-11-21, 04:21 AM,
(2013-11-21, 04:14 AM)PPDavid Wrote: I think the algorithm updated or something as I'm not getting ranked for this video. Eion also told me Google had a YouTube update.

That's true. Google changed a detail about the ranking of YouTube videos.

But it still works.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2013-11-21, 04:50 AM,
It's not a big deal, just focus on ranking your landing page. Shouldn't be all that much more difficult.

[Image: 5pYQo.png]
2013-11-21, 05:27 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-11-21, 05:28 AM by ๖ۣۜMateusz.)
(2013-11-21, 04:50 AM)Kappa Wrote: It's not a big deal, just focus on ranking your landing page. Shouldn't be all that much more difficult.

Ranking a landing page is far more difficult then ranking a youtube video. Youtube videos only need a huge amount of backlinks blasted to them along with some HR views, comments, likes, ect.

A landing page requires tiered link building, a much harder process to complete then simply backlink blasting, on page seo, off page seo, PR ranking and much, much more.

(2013-11-21, 04:21 AM)BlackHatSEO Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 04:14 AM)PPDavid Wrote: I think the algorithm updated or something as I'm not getting ranked for this video. Eion also told me Google had a YouTube update.

But it still works.

By works, do you mean it works in the same sense that it used to? Basically, LQ backlink blasting, HR views, ect..?

Want GSA SER to start making POWERFUL links FAST? Like these results I'm getting below?

[Image: pYgbKa4.png]

Then Check out my GSA Verified Link List Here.
2013-11-21, 05:47 AM,
(2013-11-21, 05:27 AM)Mateusz Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 04:50 AM)Kappa Wrote: It's not a big deal, just focus on ranking your landing page. Shouldn't be all that much more difficult.

Ranking a landing page is far more difficult then ranking a youtube video. Youtube videos only need a huge amount of backlinks blasted to them along with some HR views, comments, likes, ect.

A landing page requires tiered link building, a much harder process to complete then simply backlink blasting, on page seo, off page seo, PR ranking and much, much more.

But it still works.

By works, do you mean it works in the same sense that it used to? Basically, LQ backlink blasting, HR views, ect..?

I'm sorry, but tiered link building is not conceptually any harder than applying comments, likes and views to a YouTube video - it's just a different approach which people are perhaps afraid of because its new to them. Ranking your own landing page has always been ultimately more beneficial than ranking a YouTube video because you're in the driving seat: you aren't going to get taken down by flaggers, you can retrospectively edit your content, clearly you cannot with YouTube, and therefore fine tune settings to improve CTR and CR.

2013-11-21, 05:53 AM,
(2013-11-21, 05:47 AM)Kappa Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 05:27 AM)Mateusz Wrote:

But it still works.

I'm sorry, but tiered link building is not conceptually any harder than applying comments, likes and views to a YouTube video - it's just a different approach which people are perhaps afraid of because its new to them. Ranking your own landing page has always been ultimately more beneficial than ranking a YouTube video because you're in the driving seat: you aren't going to get taken down by flaggers, you can retrospectively edit your content, clearly you cannot with YouTube, and therefore fine tune settings to improve CTR and CR.

I agree, having a landing page ranked in Google is significantly better then having a Youtube video.

Yet, tiered link building in my opinion is very different then applying comments, likes, views, ect. You need to apply them in order and use ranking software in ways it has never been used before to someone who only uses Youtube.

But your right, ranking a landing page it isn't that much harder to learn and is more profitable.
Latest Thanks - View all

Kappa(2013-11-21 05:54 AM) 

Want GSA SER to start making POWERFUL links FAST? Like these results I'm getting below?

[Image: pYgbKa4.png]

Then Check out my GSA Verified Link List Here.
2013-11-21, 05:55 AM,
(2013-11-21, 05:27 AM)Mateusz Wrote: By works, do you mean it works in the same sense that it used to? Basically, LQ backlink blasting, HR views, ect..?

No, it works not the same way it used to.

A huge mass of low-quality backlinks achieves only a ranking for some days, always in the risk of getting penalized by Google. If you want to be on top for a longer time then you'd have to build complex link pyramides, of course manually "with love".

2013-11-21, 05:58 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-11-21, 05:58 AM by Kappa.)
(2013-11-21, 05:55 AM)BlackHatSEO Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 05:27 AM)Mateusz Wrote: By works, do you mean it works in the same sense that it used to? Basically, LQ backlink blasting, HR views, ect..?

No, it works not the same way it used to.

A huge mass of low-quality backlinks achieves only a ranking for some days, always in the risk of getting penalized by Google. If you want to be on top for a longer time then you'd have to build complex link pyramides, of course manually "with love".

I've found that if you drip-feed even low-quality backlinks you can sustain a high PR; this way you keep somewhat under the radar as you aren't bulking links, rather keeping a constant presence with a lower volume.

2013-11-21, 06:11 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-11-21, 06:13 AM by BlackHatSEO.)
(2013-11-21, 05:47 AM)Kappa Wrote: Ranking your own landing page has always been ultimately more beneficial than ranking a YouTube video because you're in the driving seat: you aren't going to get taken down by flaggers

Not by flaggers, but by the algorithm changes (penalized) or by human Google Quality Raters. I used to train some people to get accepted "by Google" as Quality Raters, so I know the inside stories... ;-)

(2013-11-21, 05:58 AM)Kappa Wrote: I've found that if you drip-feed even low-quality backlinks you can sustain a high PR

The PR is only one of around 200 to 250 ranking factors at Google.

If you only want to have a high PR (let's say PR 8), then you only have to buy one single PR 9 link. ;-)

2013-11-21, 07:31 AM,
but what is good with a YT vid ranking on G is it has higher CR than plain llinks to sites.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SHARE] Rank Live Stream on Youtube Watt 86 4,700 Today, 12:02 AM
Last Post: KentVMason
  [SHARE] Youtube Comments Method Watt 79 6,561 2017-10-15, 11:30 AM
Last Post: bratt01
  Aged Youtube Accounts with upload & without upload videos lovelyservices 39 3,586 2017-10-15, 10:25 AM
Last Post: andijie
  YouTube Live Chat BOT /Free&Best Watt 14 637 2017-10-14, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Watt
  [BIG SHARE] MY YOUTUBE METHODS [PROOF INCLUDED] Watt 118 11,862 2017-10-14, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Watt

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top