Worst Day Is When Your Hosts Are Down
2018-02-22, 07:58 PM,
It just came to my realization that my host at HostWinds have been down for a few hours. I literally have like 4 host plans there. This never happened on my new business host, it never had down time but today. I'm out of luck Cry

Feeling this mad because I'm losing a lot of money.

[Image: 8649055.gif]

Paying for 4 hosts and more costs a lot of money. And whilst my domains are down, I'm losing even more. The worst day ever!!!

[Image: crying_life_sucks_sad_mad_upset.gif]
Share This Thread :

2018-02-22, 08:01 PM,
I feel your pain on that, not fun.
2018-02-22, 08:31 PM,
Too much was wasted. Time - Money - Profit. I feel sorry about it.

[Image: ssss.jpg]
2018-02-23, 02:13 PM,
If you are earning a lot of money just get VPS or Dedicated server and take control of your websites yourself. Set up website monitoring tool and if sites are down you can fix it in 1 minute..

SELLING 100% SAFE - YOUTUBE DOUBLE VERIFIED ACCOUNTS CREATED BY HAND FROM DIFFERENT IP'S ETC. - HERE
2018-02-23, 02:28 PM,
(2018-02-23, 02:13 PM)Daivanas Wrote: If you are earning a lot of money just get VPS or Dedicated server and take control of your websites yourself. Set up website monitoring tool and if sites are down you can fix it in 1 minute..

I actually just purchased a dedicated server for almost $100 per month. I spent the whole day at my desk talking to my host about it since this is the first time purchasing a dedicated server or VPS. I'm not sure if it's worth it to spend this much per month on one of my domains that was DDOS'd. The domain currently receives about 5,000 views per month (statistics on one of my CPA networks) so it's not that much, although I expect it to grow more though.

If it's a one time DDOS, I don't know if I'd want to keep the dedicated server. I told my host that I'd keep it for 2 months and try testing the business hosting to see if it would get DDOS'd again and if it does then I'll keep the VPS permanently. 

The domain in question that got DDOS'd is currently earning $xxx - soon to be $x,xxx. I'm open to recommendations as to what you'd do in my position though, if you're experienced with dedicated servers or VPS yourself. I wouldn't know how to set up the website monitoring tool that you mentioned though - as I've mentioned, I have no experience with this.
2018-02-23, 03:54 PM,
$100 server for 5k/monthly views is insane.. I'm on VPS for $4.50 and on peak getting 1k visitors daily with no problems.. For ddos you should use cloudflare or other services..

SELLING 100% SAFE - YOUTUBE DOUBLE VERIFIED ACCOUNTS CREATED BY HAND FROM DIFFERENT IP'S ETC. - HERE
2018-02-23, 04:06 PM,
(2018-02-23, 03:54 PM)Daivanas Wrote: $100 server for 5k/monthly views is insane.. I'm on VPS for $4.50 and on peak getting 1k visitors daily with no problems.. For ddos you should use cloudflare or other services..

You are only using CloudFlare? Your hosting your domain with CloudFlare for $4.50 per month or how are you doing that? I know I thought it was insane but I'd rather have my domain's up-time then have it down or offline and lose a days worth of money.
2018-02-23, 04:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 2018-02-23, 04:24 PM by Xenobier.)
Hostwinds isn't what it was before. I worked with them from 2013 but I'm done with them.
At BlackFriday they made some discounts for new hosts. I tried to renew my old host and they said isn't possible. On Live Chat they said me to buy a new one and move my stuff. I bought a new package, the same like the old one and I asked them to migrate my files because I didn't had access to a PC. I had problems in real life and couldn't migrate by myself that stuff. They said no because for new service they can't migrate from the old one (because they don't want).
So I have tried many times to pray them and they said no. Finally after a lot messages they requested me to pay the old one to reactivate it and after that they will migrate the files to the new one. Really?..
Anyway after few days I said I have money to pay the old one and requested them to give money back in Hostwinds account from new one because I didn't used it and they said me that I can't anymore reactivate the old one because is deleted (past already x days). But let me know why they waited to past that x days to said me to pay one more month the service and they will migrate my files when they can made this from start when I requested that solution.

That's the way I lost all my files and a website which made me 50-80$/ day.
Clearly was my fault because I didn't have a backup and I didn't read his tos for unpaid service.. but we are human.. and when you have now in ur face a a person who paid you 5 years that service and he just ask you to copy - paste some files because he had problems in real life, you fuck his profitable websites?
2018-02-23, 04:31 PM,
(2018-02-23, 04:23 PM)Xenobier Wrote: Hostwinds isn't what it was before. I worked with them from 2013 but I'm done with them.
At BlackFriday they made some discounts for new hosts. I tried to renew my old host and they said isn't possible. On Live Chat they said me to buy a new one and move my stuff. I bought a new package, the same like the old one and I asked them to migrate my files because I didn't had access to a PC. I had problems in real life and couldn't migrate by myself that stuff. They said no because for new service they can't migrate from the old one (because they don't want).
So I have tried many times to pray them and they said no. Finally after a lot messages they requested me to pay the old one to reactivate it and after that they will migrate the files to the new one. Really?..
Anyway after few days I said I have money to pay the old one and requested them to give money back in Hostwinds account from new one because I didn't used it and they said me that I can't anymore reactivate the old one because is deleted (past already x days). But let me know why they waited to past that x days to said me to pay one more month the service and they will migrate my files when they can made this from start when I requested that solution.

Clearly was my fault because I didn't have a backup and I didn't read his tos for unpaid service.. but we are human.. and when you have now in ur face a a person who paid you 5 years that service and he just ask you to copy - paste some files because he had problems in real life, you fuck his profitable websites?

That's really confusing for me to understand. That shouldn't of happened for you. I may not fully understand your story, unless your missing something that you didn't say, they should have migrated your domains without a problem. They migrated mine a few times without hesitating. 

That's not my problem though. My domain got DDOS'd yesterday. My first DDOS that I ever received. And they didn't really force me to purchase a VPS or dedicated server, I kinda wanted to to avoid any future down time. I feel like anyone would, who would want to lose $400 for having your one domain offline?

I'm not sure if I should keep the VPS or dedicated server as it's $100 per month and it's quite a small website (WordPress site) that doesn't even reach 5,000 views per month from my CPA network. I'm really indecisive on what to do, unfortunately. I will definitely have to decide within 2-3 days, that's when the reoccurring payment of $100/m starts.
2018-02-23, 05:07 PM,
(2018-02-23, 04:31 PM)SkiesMirror Wrote:
(2018-02-23, 04:23 PM)Xenobier Wrote: Hostwinds isn't what it was before. I worked with them from 2013 but I'm done with them.

That's really confusing for me to understand. That shouldn't of happened for you. I may not fully understand your story, unless your missing something that you didn't say, they should have migrated your domains without a problem. They migrated mine a few times without hesitating. 

That's not my problem though. My domain got DDOS'd yesterday. My first DDOS that I ever received. And they didn't really force me to purchase a VPS or dedicated server, I kinda wanted to to avoid any future down time. I feel like anyone would, who would want to lose $400 for having your one domain offline?

I'm not sure if I should keep the VPS or dedicated server as it's $100 per month and it's quite a small website (WordPress site) that doesn't even reach 5,000 views per month from my CPA network. I'm really indecisive on what to do, unfortunately. I will definitely have to decide within 2-3 days, that's when the reoccurring payment of $100/m starts.
My english isn't so good hope you understand a little bit my story with them. Just said to avoid doing what I doing with them because they fucked me very hard deleted my all websites and I didn't have a backup.

For your problem. I had the same traffic like you 3k-7k/ daily and I used Business Ultimate with Hostwinds without problems. 2 years ago they said me to buy a VPS but they just try to sell there expensive package. 
WIll be fine with Business Ultimate without problems. If you have just 1 domain and you don't want more. You can take Business Basic package too.