Will we see any movement on immigration overhaul?
2014-04-29, 02:43 PM,
Quote:Never say never, but no one’s holding his or her breath on this one.

Thoughts? ...
2014-04-29, 02:59 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-29, 03:00 PM by ℛᴏʏᴀʟ ɢs.)
I'm guessing you're talking about the UK and its immigration policies?

Right now, I believe the current main parties think immigration is required to maintain a 'large aging population' which needs to be supplemented with more workers. Personally, I don't believe an open door from any European country should be allowed. It's ridiculous in my opinion and I wouldn't blame them (mainly Eastern Europeans) - unfortunately, a lot of these people don't have the necessary skills to contribute to something other than what the British unemployed workers in this country are attempting to get a job in. We should be more like Australia, only allowing those in with skills and talents which would offer value to the country rather than flooding immigrants/migrants.

Recently, a report came out (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rdiff.html) that we underestimated the net migration by 350,000 people because the Inspectors went to the wrong airport... David Cameron wanted to cut the levels below 100k prior to this report by the 2015 general elections.

Also, my opinions will be defined by the media as 'racist' no doubt, merely because I'm supporting UKIP. It's unfortunate propaganda like that is being printed so much prior to the EU elections, yet UKIP is expected to do really well again even though the Telegraph estimate we'll get 0.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2014-04-29 04:33 PM) 
2014-04-29, 04:34 PM,
(2014-04-29, 02:59 PM)BaD SpY Wrote: I'm guessing you're talking about the UK and its immigration policies?

Right now, I believe the current main parties think immigration is required to maintain a 'large aging population' which needs to be supplemented with more workers. Personally, I don't believe an open door from any European country should be allowed. It's ridiculous in my opinion and I wouldn't blame them (mainly Eastern Europeans) - unfortunately, a lot of these people don't have the necessary skills to contribute to something other than what the British unemployed workers in this country are attempting to get a job in. We should be more like Australia, only allowing those in with skills and talents which would offer value to the country rather than flooding immigrants/migrants.

Recently, a report came out (/news/article-2601599/Inspectors-went-wrong-airports-underestimated-net-migration-350-000-entire-population-Cardiff.html) that we underestimated the net migration by 350,000 people because the Inspectors went to the wrong airport... David Cameron wanted to cut the levels below 100k prior to this report by the 2015 general elections.

Also, my opinions will be defined by the media as 'racist' no doubt, merely because I'm supporting UKIP. It's unfortunate propaganda like that is being printed so much prior to the EU elections, yet UKIP is expected to do really well again even though the Telegraph estimate we'll get 0.

Correct, yes the UK. Thanks for the link as well I'll take a look later.
Would be good to hear what others think as well regarding this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About immigration to Canada (Saint John, NB) BeLarge 4 321 2014-10-15, 12:28 AM
Last Post: BeLarge
  Will the tea party movement continue to show its strength, or will mainstream [more] HawkEye 0 236 2014-04-29, 02:42 PM
Last Post: HawkEye

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top