Why I Don't Do Mentoring
2014-01-11, 02:02 AM,
Over the last week I've had several PM's from a few members of this forum (including staff!) asking for mentoring. However the whole process of mentoring doesn't work for me so I'd like to ask for people to stop asking as from now on I will simply ignore them. Some of the messages have accused me of greed, laziness and arrogance. I'd like to reply to all these people on why I don't do mentoring in any shape or form.

1. Money - Mentoring makes me less money than if I just worked myself, so I have no financial incentive to do so.

2. Time - Mentoring when done properly (only way I'd do it) takes up a significant amount of time, I simply don't have it at the moment and don't plan to for years.

3. Nature - I genuinely don't believe that people can succeed in the CPA industry if they need mentoring. I have a lot of respect for people like NUMB3R44, I've known him since he first started when he was really struggling and the only advice I ever gave him was to do whitehat. He has taken that and worked his way to making a decent living, frankly he inspires me to work harder as I'm sure he struggled a lot more than me.

4. Knowledge - CPA is one of those industries that if you find a golden goose (like I have) you can make huge sums of money. However once everyone knows it your earnings will drop badly, if I did mentoring I could only give out the same old information most people do which is usually the following - youtube (fake game hack) > download > survey. Frankly I could do the same with my own twist but it would just be more of the same and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

5. Ethical - Currently I donate a fixed percentage of my earnings to charity (food banks). To put it bluntly if I spent time mentoring my earnings would go down and so would the money I donate. Frankly helping people to eat is more important to me.
Latest Thanks - View all

dice(2014-11-22 05:20 AM) eni05(2014-03-02 04:27 AM) amar125(2014-03-01 09:19 AM) pepeneo(2014-01-12 10:43 PM) Mesina(2014-01-12 10:39 PM) arkmayl7(2014-01-12 03:09 PM) reb0rn045(2014-01-12 02:44 PM) Shiina(2014-01-12 08:45 AM) kingwilliam0(2014-01-12 07:14 AM) FRENCHINDAHOOD(2014-01-12 06:15 AM) Silverdot(2014-01-12 06:07 AM) MoneyKing(2014-01-11 03:40 AM) 

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

2014-01-11, 02:10 AM,
(2014-01-11, 02:05 AM)Copy Cat Wrote: Couldn't agree more with the points you have made, especially those relating to your own time in which you can be banking for yourself. Sounds selfish to some but welcome to real world!

I also want to say thank you for your charity donations even though they most likely don't affect me it is great people donate regardless of how much and why! :)

Before I made it big I made myself promise that I'd donate a percentage of my earnings to the less fortunate. It actually disgusts me that people are forced to go hungry so for now I'm donating to food banks. In the future I'm looking to donate money towards research and other ways to help the less fortunate.
Latest Thanks - View all

Shiina(2014-01-12 08:46 AM) Cervantes(2014-01-12 08:14 AM) Phlong(2014-01-11 03:58 AM) 

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

2014-01-11, 02:11 AM,
Thanks for donating some of your earnings
Latest Thanks - View all

dice(2014-11-22 05:20 AM) mitpat(2014-01-11 04:36 AM) 

[Image: CZqWQay.png?1?7286]
2014-01-11, 02:19 AM,
You're who we should consider an amazing and awesome guy.

Personally I'm not really good at CPA/PPD, I prefer spending my time reading or learning, but anyway only people without knowledge can think that someone will give mentoring to people in a really good way. If the "mentor" has really gold methods, he won't share them for a 5% revenue in my opinion.

So good luck mitpat, make a lot of money, and help who need an help if you can!
Latest Thanks - View all

mitpat(2014-01-11 04:36 AM) 
2014-01-11, 02:23 AM,
Well said.

For the donation thing, I was thinking of donating some money too when I earn more (Which I definitely will) and I thought it would be awesome to get to know people who have economic problems and then donate money to them specifically in things they need and watch them be happy and smile, it's a lot more interesting and motivation that giving XXXX amount monthly to something you don't see.
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-01-11, 02:26 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-11, 02:30 AM by Pankage.)
Just ignore the PM's. And you are right. I thought that I http://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Stop-Pos...al-Section to teach me what I already knew. It's just that I didn't know that I knew all that stuff. After some time I said to myself to stop playing around and start working. I did and I see results now. After a few weeks, and banking $0 every single day, I finally bank double digits daily. I know that's super low but, EVERYONE even you, need to start somewhere, right? So, don't mentor, work as hard as you can, give an advice now and there but, not more. Keep being awesome and donate, help people. You can say that people who want's you to mentor them are greedy and what not because they want the easy way out and that's not gonna happen. If the guys who want's you to mentor them, they should read some of your posts. You don't tell a lot but, one thing is clear - you need to start working. Thanks for everything mitpat, you're a great guy as far as I know you. Stay cool.

(2014-01-11, 02:16 AM)Copy Cat Wrote: T EDIT - For homeless people I don't really like giving them cash as all the rumours that they just spend it on drugs or alcohol so I think in the future I'll ask them what they want if I see them before I go in a shop for example :D

There was this guy on the street begging for money. I decided to help him. I don't know what he said and why he needs to money but, I gave him a $1.50 approx. After I gave him that, I was heading towards the supermarket. I got all the stuff I needed and I was going to checkout. I was standing there in line (there was a lot of people) and there HE was! Carrying a big fucking beer in his hands and guess what? He just passed me and he told everyone that he's in a hurry and that he need's to go. I felt so stupid for giving him money. I could've use that money for myself, to eat or help someone who NEEDS it. FML
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-01-11, 02:36 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-11, 02:46 AM by mitpat.)
(2014-01-11, 02:16 AM)Copy Cat Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 02:10 AM)mitpat Wrote: Before I made it big I made myself promise that I'd donate a percentage of my earnings to the less fortunate. It actually disgusts me that people are forced to go hungry so for now I'm donating to food banks. In the future I'm looking to donate money towards research and other ways to help the less fortunate.

This is awesome to hear man, I donate myself but more on a level of if I'm walking around my town and there's a homeless person or a collection pot I'll donate £20 which usually makes their day and the feeling of giving them it makes my day too I guess! EDIT - For homeless people I don't really like giving them cash as all the rumours that they just spend it on drugs or alcohol so I think in the future I'll ask them what they want if I see them before I go in a shop for example :D

I'm comfortable financially at the moment but not to a degree where I feel I can make lots of difference and so like you said I would also like to donate to much larger causes and therefore I find motivation in wanting to become more successful in order to help more people in the future! :)

A few weeks ago when I was travelling I took a homeless guy to a little cafe and made sure he got himself a decent meal, it's a good way to avoid the drug problem. I actually found him to be a really interesting guy, he was only 24! (younger than me) and was a victim of the Iraq war (mental and emotional problems). The only difference between him and me was that I got a great education whilst he dropped out because his parents started charging him rent and he needed a job to pay it, where as my parents paid for me to get a great education.

I was pretty appalled, so I contacted help for heroes (charity for former soldiers) and they're now helping him to get his life back together. He asked me how he could repay me, all I said to him was to do for someone else what I did for him (in the grand scheme of things not a lot, but a lot to this guy). For me it's the best Christmas present I ever got and it's one that keeps on giving.
Latest Thanks - View all

stuart(2014-09-20 03:23 PM) amar125(2014-03-01 09:21 AM) Shiina(2014-01-12 08:47 AM) Silverdot(2014-01-12 06:08 AM) Heraclitus(2014-01-11 04:04 AM) Phlong(2014-01-11 03:58 AM) 

2014-01-11, 04:01 AM,
Respect to you Mitpat, I totally understand where you're coming from, I think most people DO have the knowledge and don't actually need mentoring it's just them applying that knowledge and actually taking action instead of doing unproductive things.
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-01-11, 04:22 AM,
(2014-01-11, 03:47 AM)r3v01uti0n Wrote: I agree especially with point 3.

Even if you would give someone a full course and unique niche etc.., they probaly would not figure out how to do this all on their own.

It's a bit like programming, when you see a video of TheNewBoston for example and you understand what he is doing then it looks kinda easy. But when you actually put yourself to the test and want to make a program from scratch you struggling in the beginning. You first need to find your way in the programming language before you can create a full program. And the best way to do that is to just try different things and methods and learn from mistakes you made.

Atleast that's how i see it.

I totally agree with you there, whenever I'm asked how to learn programming I always tell people to learn the principles and then jump in and learn as they program.

2014-01-12, 05:47 AM,
I really like that you support poor people and donate to them! I guess I underestimated you a bit, maybe I was frustrated as well? Saw it from the wrong angle. I myself donate yearly to poor families in Vietnam. I secured several spots for them at schools and it feels good. You're probably right. Success comes with testing and inventing.
Latest Thanks - View all

mitpat(2014-01-12 06:29 AM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't Make Money For Them Make It For You! - My Father Wished He Had Now... HawkEye 16 1,967 2016-06-08, 05:40 AM
Last Post: MoneyCashers
  [2015] Post Your Picture - Lets See The New Users, Don't Be Shy, Here Is Mine. HawkEye 45 5,162 2015-10-04, 09:25 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  How popular were Don williams & Kenny Rogers? dess 0 210 2015-02-23, 01:21 PM
Last Post: dess
  Don't settle for less in life...AT ANYTHING! Dario_ 2 280 2015-02-10, 11:05 PM
Last Post: CrazyRussian
  Don't download stuff from free file sharing sites! RushingWind 58 4,700 2014-11-26, 09:37 PM
Last Post: marketing123

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top