Why Good Mentoring is Hard to Find
2013-09-30, 12:42 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-30, 02:33 AM by mitpat.)
I see no end of people asking for mentoring hoping to get someone to teach them everything they need to know however in reality good mentoring is very rare and I'll explain why. Every mentoring program works in one of two ways

1. The mentor writes a guide and then shares the guide in exchange for you signing up as their affiliate.

However for black hat this only works when the guide is new, once the information becomes old it's actually worthless or even counter productive. Inevitably these guides stop or never do get updated so it doesn't take long for it stop working (this is why bokica's guides are crap).

There's also another problem, if someone shares some new information then that information quickly becomes common knowledge. Once this happens everyone uses it and it's no longer an advantage, just another thing you have to do.

So let's say the mentor decides to update the guide then look at it in terms of a cost/benefit point of view. Lets say he want to make £100 per day from affiliates, then from 3% commissions he needs 33 affiliates making £100 per day. The problem is he's teaching these people all the same techniques and in reality most affiliates give up and never succeed. For the sake of argument let's say he got 100 people making £100 each (this is a huge number btw and not likely to happen), then the mentor makes £300 per day but they are making £10,000 per day using his techniques! To make it worse he has to keep updating his guide or the earnings will drop, think of how many hours it will take to constantly update this guide!. In reality he's better off just working and making the money himself as he'll make more and he's not relying on other people.

White hat has similar problems too. A written guide will also go out of date, use a 2011 Google ranking guide and you'll get de-listed faster than you could imagine. The pace of updates is increasing too and the bite is lethal, play by their rules or get burned. The difference here is that following Google's practices will keep you free of problems however to actually rank you need to bend the rules. White hat is great but most people are just not patient enough, it's like the stock market people see their shares fall and they bail.

2. The second way is personal mentoring where they mentor you in person and help you as you go through your journey.

This has a time problem, the amount of time it takes to properly teach someone is a lot and so the mentor is sacrificing their own earnings. As an example I have spent 100 hours over 2 weeks mentoring my brother in exchange for £2000 and a 3% referral. This works out to £20 an hour for me for the lessons and £30 per day in referrals if he reaches £1000 per day by the end of the year. I would have made far more money just working and now he's using my private methods, if these were disclosed my earnings would drop a lot.

The problem with this method is most people can't afford the initial upfront cost in which case I'm basically gambling I'll get paid (I'm not interested in setting up a company to teach and then using debt collectors against people who don't have the money). Also there is no guarantee they'll put it to good use in which case I don't get the referral money. It also still has the problem of updates, these people need to be kept up to date else their earnings will drop as will my referral earnings.

For those companies that do teach proper white hat mentoring they usually charge a fortune and they still do not give you enough information for you to succeed. Worse still a lot of people are just in it for the money and are teaching you old stuff that doesn't work or that they no longer use.

REMEMBER: No one will ever give you their private high earning methods, to do so would kill their own earnings. Does it make sense to decrease your earnings? If you want to succeed in CPA then learn to do things and think for yourself, the people who look to other people make small earnings and eventually fail.
Latest Thanks - View all

moneyboy2012(2014-08-05 05:30 PM) xykrush(2014-07-30 05:17 AM) eni05(2014-03-02 04:26 AM) pepeneo(2014-01-12 10:42 PM) Silverdot(2014-01-12 06:20 AM) visa13(2014-01-11 05:45 AM) xxxjasonxxx(2014-01-11 04:37 AM) Superhero99(2014-01-08 06:41 PM) balkor(2014-01-08 06:33 PM) Antionist(2013-10-01 01:54 AM) DeFactos(2013-09-30 07:32 AM) -qwerty-(2013-09-30 03:25 AM) TheVBScripter(2013-09-30 03:16 AM) IndeXer(2013-09-30 12:54 AM) 

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

2013-09-30, 12:53 AM,
Phewww!!! the one thing which I learn from my journey is "NOBODY WILL SPOONFED YOU", tutorials are not hard to find, but you will not succeed unless and untill you try that methods and see the results.

I am into PPD since last 1 year but till 6 months I earn next to nothing, I read tons and tons of ebooks online but no ebook gives me enough knowledge or perfect method for earning.

Remember guys, LEGENDS didn't became LEGENDS reading ebooks, they are there because of their effort and hard work.

Good work mitpat. Thanks for the post.
Latest Thanks - View all

mitpat(2013-09-30 01:00 AM) 
2013-09-30, 01:06 AM,
(2013-09-30, 12:53 AM)IndeXer Wrote: Phewww!!! the one thing which I learn from my journey is "NOBODY WILL SPOONFED YOU", tutorials are not hard to find, but you will not succeed unless and untill you try that methods and see the results.

I am into PPD since last 1 year but till 6 months I earn next to nothing, I read tons and tons of ebooks online but no ebook gives me enough knowledge or perfect method for earning.

Remember guys, LEGENDS didn't became LEGENDS reading ebooks, they are there because of their effort and hard work.

Thanks for the reply, it is quite a long read! I wonder how many people will give up even though they really should read it.

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

2013-09-30, 02:23 AM,
the last 2 lines are true :)
Latest Thanks - View all

mitpat(2014-01-11 04:37 AM) 
2013-09-30, 03:18 AM,
I think it's hard for the "noobs" among us (not that I'm a big earner), but it's definatly the truth!
I really believe that you can better read what YOU think what's important and use that knowledge to
increase your earnings, instead of getting spooned feed by a mentor.

Although I do think that once I collect a referral it's for "lifetime", so even when my methods fails, if the
referral finds a way that WILL work, you'll earn nice without lifting a finger!

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Latest Thanks - View all

2013-09-30, 03:39 AM,
(2013-09-30, 03:18 AM)TheVBScripter Wrote: I think it's hard for the "noobs" among us (not that I'm a big earner), but it's definatly the truth!
I really believe that you can better read what YOU think what's important and use that knowledge to
increase your earnings, instead of getting spooned feed by a mentor.

Although I do think that once I collect a referral it's for "lifetime", so even when my methods fails, if the
referral finds a way that WILL work, you'll earn nice without lifting a finger!

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I agree that referrals are for a lifetime, the problem I have is with it that the success rate is so low. I've spoken with someone who ran a referral program and he showed me his affiliate earnings. To say they're disappointing would be an understatement, it seems the CPA industry has a lot of part timers.

2013-09-30, 03:50 AM,
I could use some mentoring regarding finding niches :P Im good at seo but I suck at finding niches :c
Latest Thanks - View all

[Image: AQ8s8xP.png]
2013-09-30, 03:58 AM,
(2013-09-30, 03:39 AM)mitpat Wrote: I agree that referrals are for a lifetime, the problem I have is with it that the success rate is so low. I've spoken with someone who ran a referral program and he showed me his affiliate earnings. To say they're disappointing would be an understatement, it seems the CPA industry has a lot of part timers.
Yes, that's true.
I got 4 referrals and my earnings for this month are only $1,25 (I can't complain because it's their first month) but still..
Latest Thanks - View all

2013-09-30, 07:32 AM,
Thanks! For clearing this up! Will help some newbies, who wants a mentor to get started
Latest Thanks - View all

2013-09-30, 12:39 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-30, 12:40 PM by Razer12.)
(2013-09-30, 12:53 AM)IndeXer Wrote: Phewww!!! the one thing which I learn from my journey is "NOBODY WILL SPOONFED YOU", tutorials are not hard to find, but you will not succeed unless and untill you try that methods and see the results.

Not true, Back when I was banking hard as fuck and had all the time in the world I spoonfed a guy on here named Volation ( Banned for scamming $80 -.- or something ). I created his site and 10 of the posts completely also taught him SEO. This was all 100% Free he isn't even my referral he now makes $150-$250 a day.
Latest Thanks - View all

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you ever been or seen a good fight? Flipin_jackass 8 110 2017-08-18, 11:21 PM
Last Post: siyaram
  Good movies to see? SnackyCPA 11 272 2017-08-16, 12:39 PM
Last Post: sorsabata
  Were you ever given any GOOD sexual advice? Elites_Mate 51 1,856 2017-06-03, 12:14 PM
Last Post: salen72
  This Guy Beat Ellen Hard On Her Face... wilhb81 3 329 2017-05-11, 10:32 PM
Last Post: DrKent
  A good sportsmanship dontme 6 249 2017-04-19, 02:50 AM
Last Post: citarist

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top