Who are the people you admire the most?
2013-09-22, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 2014-01-29, 03:18 AM by mitpat.)
Something I've noticed is that you can tell a lot about people by the people they admire. So here mine (in no particular order), who are yours?

Warren Buffett - To me he's the sort of guy who everyone likes, he's incredibly successful and rich (over $30 Billion in wealth) but he came from a completely ordinary background doing jobs like paper rounds as a kid. Despite his massive success he still lives in a ordinary 3 bedroom house and rents an office. His one extravagance is his private the jet "The Indefensible", what a great name. He's known to give $10k to people he thinks deserve it and he's giving away 99% of his money to charity!

Elon Musk - He started out in South Africa and worked his way into the USA where got degrees in business and physics. He founded PayPal, SpaceX and Tesla Motors all of which have and are changing entire industries. To me he's the Thomas Edison of the 21st century, no matter how many problems he runs into he just keeps going. He is still looking do more through ideas like hyperloop and has also pledged to give away most of his wealth to charity.

Bill Gates - Here is a guy who started out in wealth and had his entire future paved for him through law, but he liked computers so he gave it up and took a risk with 1 goal in mind "to put a computer in every home". He became hugely successful and in 2000 at a value of $100 Billion dollars and being named the by far the richest person in the world decided to give it away. He started what is now the biggest charity that has ever existed with the goal of eliminating some of the worlds biggest problems - energy, disease, poverty etc, it's even harder than his computer goal. He went further still by leaving Microsoft and going full time into his charity work. For me this is the story of someone who's been misunderstood, done some unfortunate things but in the end ultimately comes through as a superb human being.

My Dad - My dad has had so much going against him in his life. He was born in Africa where there was nothing but poverty before moving to the U.K at the age of 14 and having to learn English for the first time. At the time he suffered from racism at school and then in the workplace. At home he had just 2 rooms (the size of mine and my brothers room) to share between him, his mum, his dad, his brother and his 3 sisters - 7 people in all! where they had to do everything. He didn't excel at school but now at the age of 50 he's been by far the most successful owning a business he built as well as several homes. Despite all his success he still works over 70 hours a week and is the calmest person I have ever met. For me it's my dad who gives me the drive to work harder, given everything he went through and all the advantages I had, I should far out perform his earnings and lifestyle.
Latest Thanks - View all

TheVBScripter(2014-02-26 10:15 PM) HurAbbas(2013-09-22 06:06 AM) 

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

2013-09-22, 07:04 AM,
My Dad
Warren Buffet
Morgan Freeman

I agree with your Warren Buffet reasons.

[Image: 415x155.png]
2013-09-22, 07:08 AM,
(2013-09-22, 07:04 AM)God Wrote: My Dad
Warren Buffet
Morgan Freeman

Thank you, out of interest why Morgan Freeman?

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

2013-09-22, 07:55 AM,
My parents
For giving birth to me n feeding me.
Also, Eminem :)

[Image: 30l2a7s.png]
2013-09-22, 10:02 AM,
Hawk Eye : for making this place possible and changing everyone's life !
2013-09-22, 06:45 PM,
(2013-09-22, 07:08 AM)mitpat Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 07:04 AM)God Wrote: My Dad
Warren Buffet
Morgan Freeman

Thank you, out of interest why Morgan Freeman?

Offtopic: Could you please enable your pms?

Any questions related to CPA belong here.
Before posting, make sure you are in the correct section.

I am temporarily absent due to family circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How People react when they hear that you work ONLINE ElitesCPABoss 20 677 2017-09-26, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Xaos
  Does people really think they have earned millions by checking there emails r00t3d 16 673 2017-07-11, 07:41 PM
Last Post: r00t3d
  UK government is secretly planning to break encryption and spy on people’s phones reshamanair 8 351 2017-05-11, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chedda
  A guy was beaten and robbed by 3 people in Philadelphia Street dedivah6 5 294 2017-04-24, 07:28 PM
Last Post: benfresco
  How can people be this stupid? zilvis89 19 726 2017-04-11, 02:49 AM
Last Post: NAPK1NS

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top