Which computer?
2014-02-16, 11:17 AM,
Hey guys,

As some of you may know from me posting in the bragging section, I got paid. I'm very happy, and I want to treat myself for my hard work Smile.

I'm going to go buy a computer tommorow, and I'm quite hesitant as to what I should buy... I've always loved apple computers, but I never could afford them. Now that I can, I'm seriously considering it.

My daily PC usage is Facebook, CPA, You[/php]Tube, etc... I also play quite a bit of League of Legends, but no other games (League of Legends is available on OS X). My budget for this computer is $1500. Here are my choices:

Let me know what you think, I value your opinion. And if you think I'm making a mistake choosing a macbook, let me know that too!

[Image: YkG7ADW.png]
2014-02-16, 11:19 AM,
I suck with hardware, like severely suck, but I know for a FACT you can build a gaming PC that will blow a Mac out of the water with a fraction of the price. Make it a desktop, and you'll cut the price even further.
Latest Thanks - View all

Gabe(2014-02-16 11:22 AM) Quattroporte(2014-02-16 11:20 AM) 

[SHARE] CPA Elites Forum Citer Script! Look Inside! [Forum Tool]
[SHARE] CPA Elites Link To Post PM Script! Look Inside! [Forum Tool]
[Image: D8HZ2ho.png]
"I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb." -Thomas Edison
2014-02-16, 11:21 AM,
Do you really want a laptop? You could build a monster gaming rig with a $1500 budget.

M3 E92, here I come!
2014-02-16, 11:23 AM,
(2014-02-16, 11:19 AM)OMGWTFISTHIS Wrote: I suck with hardware, like severely suck, but I know for a FACT you can build a gaming PC that will blow a Mac out of the water with a fraction of the price. Make it a desktop, and you'll cut the price even further.
Yeah but you know... Mac's are so attractive and I'm just pulled towards them. Plus, I don't need a mega gaming pc - I want something I can travel around!

2014-02-16, 11:37 AM,
Don't buy those Apple craps, they are charging you for their brand not the quality. If you want a laptop, which looks good, have good performance and it's affordable to buy, consider this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-White-Sony-V...3a8b532ff9

It's a sick laptop, featuring intel i7 cpu, 1 TB hdd, 8 GB of DDR3 ram, great dedicated gfx card - nvida 740M with 1 GB dedicated vram, 15.5" full HD LED display with touchscreen, which is awesome feature. It also looks nice and costs only $1000 USD :) it would also be cool if you would add few more bux and buy SSD, then you would get a killing machine :).

Btw. on which server do you play LoL ? I'm on EUW :D, not playing too much, but when i catch up a time i like to play a match or two, Teemo is my favorite :).
Latest Thanks - View all

Gabe(2014-02-16 11:38 AM) 
2014-02-16, 11:39 AM,
(2014-02-16, 11:37 AM)dar1x Wrote: Don't buy those Apple craps, they are charging you for their brand not the quality. If you want a laptop, which looks good, have good performance and it's affordable to buy, consider this : /itm/NEW-White-Sony-VAIO-Touchscreen-SVF15328CXW-Laptop-Core-i7-8G-RAM-1TB-HD-15-5-/251445587961?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item3a8b532ff9

It's a sick laptop, featuring intel i7 cpu, 1 TB hdd, 8 GB of DDR3 ram, great dedicated gfx card - nvida 740M with 1 GB dedicated vram, 15.5" full HD LED display with touchscreen, which is awesome feature. It also looks nice and costs only $1000 USD :) it would also be cool if you would add few more bux and buy SSD, then you would get a killing machine :).

Btw. on which server do you play LoL ? I'm on EUW :D, not playing too much, but when i catch up a time i like to play a match or two, Teemo is my favorite :).
That's one hell of a laptop.. But I'm not sure I like the way it looks... How stupid am I, judging laptops on looks? I'm gonna go to Best Buy tommorow, and check the laptops out over there. Would love to hear some advice regarding the 3 I posted though!

I play on North America... Darn!
Argh, teemo? I hate that rascal Smile

2014-02-16, 12:05 PM,
(2014-02-16, 11:39 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 11:37 AM)dar1x Wrote: Don't buy those Apple craps, they are charging you for their brand not the quality. If you want a laptop, which looks good, have good performance and it's affordable to buy, consider this : /itm/NEW-White-Sony-VAIO-Touchscreen-SVF15328CXW-Laptop-Core-i7-8G-RAM-1TB-HD-15-5-/251445587961?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item3a8b532ff9

That's one hell of a laptop.. But I'm not sure I like the way it looks... How stupid am I, judging laptops on looks? I'm gonna go to Best Buy tommorow, and check the laptops out over there. Would love to hear some advice regarding the 3 I posted though!

Hahahah, Teemo rocks :D

Apple's are overpriced products, take a look at the specs of those laptops, they are based on i5 CPU which is alright, but still i7 is obviously better, they have integrated graphic card which is huge knock down - forget about playing any games on it, ok LoL will probably works, but it will not run on 60 FPS that's for sure, neither on full HD resolution. the 13" model you mentioned here costs the same as the Sony laptop i showed you, however the 13" macbook comes with above mentioned stuff plus 4 GB of RAM which is not enough nowadays plus with just 500 GB of HDD, while Sony comes with 1 TB. Plus SEO tools does not works on Mac OS :), yes there are emulators for Windows software but it's full of bugs.

It's not all about the money, yes Apple looks nice and yes you will be a badass within your friends because you will run an Apple stuff with yourself but you are the one who's going to spend most of the time using it, so why would you pay more to get less just because it comes with "Designed by Apple California" mark ?

If you want something that looks sick and runs amazing, go for Alienware laptops, they are gaming specified laptops, but they are simply amazing and sick computers, you definitely have to check them out if you can afford them.

I never bought any Apple product so far neither i ever will, not because i can't, but because i don't want to support something like that, i can understand spending huge sum of money on a branded clothes ( i do it, sometimes :) ), because with branded clothes you are looking better in the eyes of other people and that's what is the important thing, however gadgets and computers are your personal stuff, so you should get something that is suitable for your business and everyday work.
Latest Thanks - View all

Gabe(2014-02-16 12:07 PM) 
2014-02-16, 12:08 PM,
(2014-02-16, 12:05 PM)dar1x Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 11:39 AM)Gabe Wrote:

Hahahah, Teemo rocks :D

Apple's are overpriced products, take a look at the specs of those laptops, they are based on i5 CPU which is alright, but still i7 is obviously better, they have integrated graphic card which is huge knock down - forget about playing any games on it, ok LoL will probably works, but it will not run on 60 FPS that's for sure, neither on full HD resolution. the 13" model you mentioned here costs the same as the Sony laptop i showed you, however the 13" macbook comes with above mentioned stuff plus 4 GB of RAM which is not enough nowadays plus with just 500 GB of HDD, while Sony comes with 1 TB. Plus SEO tools does not works on Mac OS :), yes there are emulators for Windows software but it's full of bugs.

It's not all about the money, yes Apple looks nice and yes you will be a badass within your friends because you will run an Apple stuff with yourself but you are the one who's going to spend most of the time using it, so why would you pay more to get less just because it comes with "Designed by Apple California" mark ?

If you want something that looks sick and runs amazing, go for Alienware laptops, they are gaming specified laptops, but they are simply amazing and sick computers, you definitely have to check them out if you can afford them.

I never bought any Apple product so far neither i ever will, not because i can't, but because i don't want to support something like that, i can understand spending huge sum of money on a branded clothes ( i do it, sometimes :) ), because with branded clothes you are looking better in the eyes of other people and that's what is the important thing, however gadgets and computers are your personal stuff, so you should get something that is suitable for your business and everyday work.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write that up, I really appreciate it.
You do make a very strong point, and I will for sure think about that overnight. Thank you so much! I repped you Smile

2014-02-16, 01:26 PM,
Well if you wont be doing loads of heavy duty stuff like HEavy Video Processing etc, and not HD space hungry you can go for Macbook Air (It Will be Good for you right now).

I am personally using Macbook Pro for over 2 years and I feel nothing comes in comparision with it with speed reliability and unmatched quality, dont listen to anyone when buying an macbook, many people would give you negative reactions.... hear it from a Mac user and you will know.

Go for Macbook Air Right Now, get used to it and if you like everything may be go for better mac in future :)

Thanks.
Latest Thanks - View all

Gabe(2014-02-16 09:08 PM) 

Need Awesome Conversions Join This Network
2014-02-16, 01:31 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-16, 01:32 PM by jeterboy.)
I have Macbook Pro 13.3" and I can say that it is amazing laptop, battery life lasts to 7-8 hours, no lag, no virus(of course it is mac) etc... For my IM tools I have Windows VPS.
Latest Thanks - View all

Gabe(2014-02-16 09:08 PM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long you use a computer in a day? flash_drive 16 272 2017-08-17, 06:00 PM
Last Post: PRINC3
  Your first computer urangi 6 221 2017-06-17, 12:35 PM
Last Post: ougasoft
  Elites post your work setup show of your computer/room setup... :) MoneyNinja 12 1,607 2016-08-03, 07:52 AM
Last Post: bulleN
  My Computer Detected Stuxnet from a USB I Borrowed from Friend peacemaker 2 668 2016-05-26, 06:52 PM
Last Post: peacemaker
  Friday The 13th Computer Game! How Cool HawkEye 2 518 2015-10-16, 02:08 PM
Last Post: HawkEye

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top