What's at the bottom of the ocean?
2014-04-29, 02:33 PM,
Quote:Ninety-five per cent of the ocean is unexplored. What's down there? In 1960, Don Walsh and Jacques Piccard travelled seven miles down, to the deepest part of the ocean, in search of answers. Their voyage pushed the boundaries of human endeavour but gave them only a glimpse of life on the seafloor. It's so difficult getting to the bottom of the ocean that for the most part we have to resort to sending unmanned vehicles as scouts. The discoveries we've made so far – from bizarre fish such as the barreleye, with its transparent head, to a potential treatment for Alzheimer's made by crustaceans – are a tiny fraction of the strange world hidden below the waves.

Thoughts? ...
2014-04-29, 03:48 PM,
Well, someone previously suggested mermaids are a possibility which is true.. I guess we really can't predict. The fact that the fish has transparency which is mainly used in the seas for camouflaging from predators would suggest there are other creatures down there.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2014-04-29 04:12 PM) 
2014-04-29, 04:13 PM,
(2014-04-29, 03:48 PM)BaD SpY Wrote: Well, someone previously suggested mermaids are a possibility which is true.. I guess we really can't predict. The fact that the fish has transparency which is mainly used in the seas for camouflaging from predators would suggest there are other creatures down there.

Not sure about mermaids but certainly think there are millions of species we may never find out about.
2014-04-29, 04:18 PM,
I can imagine it has some terror-like things going down there. Imagine a dark mixture of a shark and a whale. I'm pretty sure it takes a rough organism to handle the bottom, thus they're nature-born monsters. Considering the size of ocean... think Kraken. I can see it being very possible.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2014-04-29 04:19 PM) 
2014-04-29, 04:19 PM,
(2014-04-29, 04:18 PM)WaltSEO Wrote: I can imagine it has some terror-like things going down there. Imagine a dark mixture of a shark and a whale. I'm pretty sure it takes a rough organism to handle the bottom, thus they're nature-born monsters. Considering the size of ocean... think Kraken. I can see it being very possible.

Would love be able to see some awesome new types of fish/sharks and stuff.
2014-04-29, 04:30 PM,
I do remember 3 things about the oceans.
1) There are some parts of the ocean that are covered with rock, just like caves that contain ~10 times the salt that normal water has and has never been explored due to the machines not able to handle the pressure in these caves.
2) I had seen a documentary about giant squids as long as 8 meters that live a few thousand meters under the surface of the sea.
3) The are ~300 species discovered every single day, and the number of insects species are a few million.. Million, the biggest zoos have 1000 species the most. It's just mind blowing.
2014-04-29, 09:08 PM,
I don't know, but they must be very scary things. Living in the dark, bear that kind of pressure... But yeah, who know maybe Mermaids:D
2014-05-04, 11:59 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-04, 12:00 PM by Gendai.)
Lol the only way I'll be finding any part of that 95% is through video / film, as curious as I am about the ocean, the last thing I want is a giant sea creature getting "curious" about me and having me look like captain hook.

But I believe in mermaids haha, and I wonder what other strange creatures must live out there o.o
2014-05-12, 01:51 AM,
This signals how little are humans to this universe. The fact that they don't even know almost nothing about Earth..and try to find out if there are any other beings in the universe. It's sad but true.
2014-05-12, 02:23 AM,
They already found some weird creatures down there.
Like some fish with really really tiny hairs around it's body. So tiny that it messed with the coloring of the video camera, thus looking like a fish with a ring of moving colors around it.
Really interesting.
I'd love to know more about it.
One thing is for sure, we can expect some creepy and weird creatures. The harsh enviroment there, almost no light, high pressure etc.. just shapes those tough creatures.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woman Claims She Saw Missing Malaysian Air Flight While Sailing In Indian Ocean HawkEye 2 398 2014-06-06, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Prototype
  What's at the bottom of a black hole? HawkEye 9 619 2014-05-04, 11:39 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜExcalibur

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top