[Warning] When viral marketing goes wrong
2013-11-21, 11:48 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-15, 12:22 AM by Atlantis.)
Quote:Facebook sues 'spammer' over faked Bieber sex tape links
[Image: _71252724_020063659-1.jpg]
Facebook launches legal action against an alleged spammer suspected of posting fake links to a supposed sex tape of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.

Court papers filed in the US allege Christopher Peter Tarquini was behind the faked Facebook messages.

Users who clicked the link in the posts were redirected to sites that allegedly paid Mr Tarquini for hits.

In addition, clicking led to the posts being automatically shared with users' Facebook friends.

In its legal complaints, Facebook calls Mr Tarquini, of New Jersey, a "recidivist" spammer who has spent much of the past five years crafting computer programs that put "deceptive messages, images and links" on the site's pages.

One of the most notorious of the programs involved faked images purporting to take people to a video of actress Selena Gomez with her partner, singer Justin Bieber. Instead the link led to a pop-up message asking for access to a Facebook account that then let an app take control and spam the message out to a person's friends.

Mr Tarquini persisted in targeting the social network even after he was told that his actions violated Facebook's terms - his account was shut down and he was told never to use the site again, the papers state.

Facebook said it had a confession from Mr Tarquini that he had written the program that took over accounts and posted faked links. Now it says it wants to be reimbursed for the cost of clearing up after Mr Tarquini and for the work it has done to track him down. In addition, it wants him banned from ever using Facebook again.

Mr Tarquini has yet to file any legal response to Facebook's claims.

The action against the alleged spammer is the latest in a series of steps Facebook has taken to stem the flow of junk messages passing through the network.

In September, Facebook won a $3m (£1.8m) settlement against a spam company that sent tens of thousands of messages to users.

In addition, in 2009 Facebook was awarded $711m after winning a lawsuit against spammer Sanford Wallace.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25033166

So yeah, watch out with viral marketing because Facebook will take action if they notice it.

How much do you think he made?
Latest Thanks - View all

phobia(2013-11-22 02:18 AM) 

[Image: wI9cuAG.png]
2013-11-21, 11:56 PM,
I feel sorry for him. Need to be careful using facebook now lol
2013-11-22, 12:57 AM,
Facebook will do anything they can to prevent these viral scripts to spread. I will not be suprised to see alot more cases liek this in the future. Be carefull guys, it might as well have been one of us.
2013-11-22, 01:06 AM,
wow, that was what made me forget using facebook as main traffic source.

Cheap HQ Instagram Accounts (Aged and Fresh) - >>CLICK THERE<<
2013-11-22, 01:20 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-11-22, 01:21 AM by Seen.)
What?

Quote:Users who clicked the link in the posts were redirected to sites that allegedly paid Mr Tarquini for hits.

In addition, clicking led to the posts being automatically shared with users' Facebook friends.

He firstly says that "clicking" the link "automatically shares" things with FB friends, then he states that it requires permission.

Quote:Instead the link led to a pop-up message asking for access to a Facebook account that then let an app take control and spam the message out to a person's friends.

He's gotta be referring to 2 different things right?
2013-11-22, 01:38 AM,
Facebook is too risky to use, period. That's why I don't use it; do it at your own risk.
2013-11-22, 01:43 AM,
You wanna make $5k daily by cheating and spamming and you think nobody will ever notice that, and nobody will fuck you up! lol
Viral script = sword above your head!

Believe it or not, my cousin has recently got a visit from a police special forces in his house due to putting a few videos about hacking and a few hacked profiles. They took his computer immediately for analyzes.

Remember, the word HACK = JAIL.
2013-11-22, 02:28 AM,
too bad Facebook will take action if they notice it.
2013-11-22, 03:20 AM,
Okay, I think it's safe to say that Facebook isn't a spreading source now, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I promote CPA Offers via Email marketing ? Med Fd 7 329 Yesterday, 04:57 AM
Last Post: maxvolrat
  Anyone having tips on marketing content locker LilDog 1 102 2017-10-15, 10:34 AM
Last Post: NAPK1NS
  (100% FREE) Online/Digital Marketing Course and Certification SwiffJustus 7 386 2017-10-13, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Tyrone
  No conversion, what is wrong with my methods? paja93 14 674 2017-09-01, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Ana_AdCombo
  Need some advice for WhatsApp marketing Pothik 12 279 2017-08-25, 11:57 AM
Last Post: srikanta159

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top