UPDATE-Getting Worse How To Deal with Content Leechers?
2013-11-11, 10:59 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-11-19, 08:07 PM by jdpreacher.)
Hi Elites,

I am having a big problem with a leecher who copies every single post i publish in my website. And it has affected my rankings. I don't do back linking, I just grow my site big and ranking comes naturally, (I spend an hour creating a single piece of content) but this past month and until now, this leecher is relentless, copying every niche i create, exact content. It is affecting my rankings and have lost top rankings on my best niches.

The leecher is ranking really good on google and all of his traffic comes from search engine specifically google. I wanted to teach this leecher a lesson. I just want him to stop copying every single post I create.

****If you are reading this and you know who you are, you better stop or you get what's coming for you.

Anyway, I need your suggestions on how I should bring down his traffic, I really don't mind paying to get my revenge, I hate to do this but if It stops him from doing what he does then it all be worth it.

***It looks like he got me on google alerts, automatically informs him if I make a new post.

A quick update: it turns out that one of my website where the content was heavily copied by a more authoritative website of an a##hole is no longer found on google even by typing the exact domain. In short, it got totally penalized.

I found out also that this one leecher promoting CPA**** got a new blog, seems like he wrote the contents himself. What you think?

Peace.

Consistency is my key!
2013-11-11, 11:16 AM,
there is no way for you to stop him from taking your content.
you can maybe dmca him or ddos his site
but its pointless he will be back anyways
2013-11-11, 11:21 AM,
If you've unique content with a policy stating that the visitor and or anyone who visits the site isn't allowed to copy the content, then you might go the legal way. It might work, but that should be highlighted in bold under every post you make so that somehow or the other the copy cat does reads your privacy policy/tos.

Another way you could do is to, post articles but add an image instead, like create the article in photoshop or whichever editing application, put bookmarks and put that instead into your site. I know this would not help you in ranking to search engines, but if you want to protect then this might work.

And last thing to teach him a lesson is to DDOS him hard, or if possible try blocking his ip to your website?

Hope any of the above helps you. :/

[Image: adludum_banner5.jpg]
2013-11-11, 12:06 PM,
Thanks for your input guys, I'll be looking for the services you mentioned.

Consistency is my key!
2013-11-11, 04:52 PM,
Watermark all your things
Screenshots etc
Also moving watermark on videos as normal ones can be removed easy
2013-11-11, 05:07 PM,
Stop right click function on your blog/website. This will help you to limit leechers.
2013-11-11, 07:38 PM,
The problem is he copies all the articles I post, It takes me an hour to write a single blog post and he just copies it.

Consistency is my key!
2013-11-11, 07:48 PM,
(2013-11-11, 07:38 PM)jdpreacher Wrote: The problem is he copies all the articles I post, It takes me an hour to write a single blog post and he just copies it.

sorry but life isnt fair
things like this will happen
2013-11-11, 07:54 PM,
(2013-11-11, 07:48 PM)lancerimpact Wrote:
(2013-11-11, 07:38 PM)jdpreacher Wrote: The problem is he copies all the articles I post, It takes me an hour to write a single blog post and he just copies it.

sorry but life isnt fair
things like this will happen

Ya, I've been through this before but just moved on, but when everything seems to be falling apart, one must stop to think and start to fight back.

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll try and extend my patience and hope for the best, if not, i'll start taking action.

Consistency is my key!
2013-11-12, 12:36 AM,
It is possible to disable right click function and to disable user select so he can't copy paste.

The article will still be copyable via the source code but if the guy's a noob he won't know that.

I found the following code on Google to disable right click;
Code:
<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
//Disable right click script
//visit http://www.rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/scripts/
var message="Sorry, right-click has been disabled";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</SCRIPT>

And the following css will disable the user selection
Code:
p.class{
-webkit-touch-callout: none;
-webkit-user-select: none;
-khtml-user-select: none;
-moz-user-select: none;
-ms-user-select: none;
user-select: none;
}

[Image: wI9cuAG.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [INDIA UPDATE] 18% GST for PAYPAL/PAYONEER trafficbeast 29 650 2017-09-09, 09:08 PM
Last Post: trafficbeast
  Update - Not Going anymore this year! Going to join the army JohnWick 21 787 2017-08-31, 09:18 PM
Last Post: JohnWick
  HOW TO LOCK THE CONTENT D0c70rCPA 3 228 2017-06-08, 02:04 PM
Last Post: D0c70rCPA
  PewDiePie loses Disney deal as a result of anti-Semitic imagery specz34 14 678 2017-04-09, 07:59 PM
Last Post: AstroCash
  windows10 update bugs anyone else? ann627 6 663 2016-11-10, 04:31 PM
Last Post: faithalo

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top