[TuT]Make your OWN widgets now. Boost CR by over 400%[1 Free]
2014-01-15, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 2014-01-16, 12:02 AM by RushingWind.)
It's simple. The newbies use the default network survey page while the big guys use widgets. In this tutorial, I will be showing how you too can create your own widgets and bank hard. Keep in mind, like anything else, this will require some effort on your part too. You can easily go ahead and download a few stuff from Google images and make your own widget but this tutorial serves to teach you the hard way. In the end, you should have something that looks like this.

EDIT : WIDGET HAS BEEN HIDDEN INSIDE FULL POST.

Tools Required : Photoshop, Google, Internet and don't forget CREATIVITY.

[HIDE]
It's not much, possibly because I spent only 20 minutes on it (including time for searching pics and downloading fonts). :P

BANNER :

First let's create the top banner. Finding out what type of font has been used is crucial for this step. You can do this simply by searching on Google. For the purpose of this tutorial, I have chosen COD as my candidate. I searched on Google and found out the font that has been used is BankGothic. Your results should often lead to a site called dafont.com (the king of fonts). My search led to the following link :

http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/13176/c...y-mw3-font

Another search on Google for the font should bring up the sites that offer a free download for the font. Now that we have the font, let's go ahead and open up Photoshop. I assume you know a little of Photoshop. I will be highlighting a few main options but not the basic ones.

The default widget size (for most networks) is 539x245 pixels. So the banner should be exactly 539x80 pixels (this works best for me). As we all know, the color that goes best with COD is black.

So lets open two new documents in Photoshop, one whose dimensions are 539x245 and the other whose dimensions are 539x80. If you did everything right, you should have two new tabs in photoshop. Now move over to the tab which has the 539x80 bg and create a new layer (you should be able to find the new layer icon at the bottom right corner). Now create a solid layer with color black (also found in the bottom right corner). Now go and click on the text icon in the panel to the left and choose style as Bank Gothic. And create 3 new text layers,

1. CALL
2. OF
3. DUTY

All in caps. Now decrease the size of 'OF' so that it falls in right between the other two as shown in the preview above. Change placement to your liking. Now go ahead and click on the 'CALL' text layer in the bottom right pane and enable 'Outer Glow' but change strength to 50 instead of 100.

Now from the 'Create New fill or Adjustment layer' button at the bottom right corner, choose gradient.

By default you should be getting the 'Foreground to Transparent' option. Click on the first stopper and change color to "000000" (black) and hit okay. Click on the last stopper and change color to "1c1c1c" (a little light black) and hit okay. Now make sure that your Gradient fill layer is above all the text layers (this adds to the call of duty effect).

You should have a fairly nice image in your hands :

[Image: OVFH1Kt.gif]

Now save this image as "whatever you want" and move over to the other tab in photoshop (539x245).

BODY :

Follow the same steps (i.e. Create new layer -> Solid Color -> Black). Now head over to Google and find an image of anything or any character you think would suit your widget best and download the image. If the image doesn't already have a background, then its great. If it comes along with a background, you will have to remove it. I am going to show you how. Please skip a few paragraphs if you have an image without the background.

Open up the image you just downloaded in a new tab in photoshop. From the lasso tool options in the panel to the left, choose the magnetic lasso and trace the person or thing you wish to have in your widget. Once you have traced it perfectly, head over to the tab having the 539x245 and select the entire thing using the 'Rectangular Marquee Tool'. Now head back to the tab where you traced the downloaded image and press the following keys :

Ctrl+C

Now head back to the other tab -> Edit -> Paste Special -> Paste Into.

Adjust the image so that its just right. I reckon you have saved the banner that we created before. So open it up in another new tab in photoshop and press the following keys :

Ctrl+A -> Ctrl+C

Head back to the original tab (539x245) and paste it into it just as above. Make all the adjustments you need so that the banner is at the top and the figure, person, gun or whatever is just right.

Final Touch - Ups :

If you have some places that are not perfect and need to do touch ups, simply use the blur and eraser tool to make appropriate changes. I hope you liked this tutorial. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below.

Final Words :

If at first you don't get it, try just one more time. Its common for people to have troubles on their first try. Thats why I am here. To help you. Post below if you have any questions. Apply your creativity. This tutorial is for making a COD widget. Like this you can make any widget targeting your niche. You just need to get those juices flowing. I could easily make a more professional widget but I needed to wrap this tutorial up soon.

It took me a fair amount of time to write this up so please post a comment below if you like the tutorial :)
[/HIDE]
Share This Thread :

2014-01-15, 11:29 PM,
great share rushing wind..
Keep up the great work :D

[Image: 4f3uTb7.gif]
Don't stare too much.
2014-01-15, 11:48 PM,
Hummm nice share mate but i already know this
2014-01-15, 11:57 PM,
(2014-01-15, 11:29 PM)Lust Wrote: great share rushing wind..
Keep up the great work :D

Thanks for the compliments Lust. They are much appreciated.

(2014-01-15, 11:48 PM)bh4nuc0der Wrote: Hummm nice share mate but i already know this

Good. But that doesn't mean everyone does. Most people are downloading saturated and already widely used widgets. Having the ability to make your own widgets is a great asset towards CPA marketing. Thanks for the appreciation :)
Cheers.
2014-01-16, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 2014-01-16, 12:02 AM by Rkt.)
Thanks for this, very detailed and understandable tutorial! Smile
2014-01-16, 12:03 AM,
Thanks for great share :)
2014-01-16, 12:10 AM,
We can expect from you only High Quality tutorials, and yeah, this is really good!
Personally I already know that, but thanks for spending time for the community!
2014-01-16, 01:03 AM,
(2014-01-16, 12:02 AM)Rkt Wrote: Thanks for this, very detailed and understandable tutorial! Smile

Thanks for the compliments Rkt. Glad you found it helpful. :)

(2014-01-16, 12:03 AM)leslijs Wrote: Thanks for great share :)

No problem. You are most welcome. :)

(2014-01-16, 12:10 AM)klaatu97 Wrote: We can expect from you only High Quality tutorials, and yeah, this is really good!
Personally I already know that, but thanks for spending time for the community!

Thanks klaatu97 :)
Hope it helps some others too,
Cheers.
2014-01-16, 06:04 AM,
Great! A real quality thread!
2014-01-16, 04:08 PM,
(2014-01-16, 06:04 AM)SnelJel Wrote: Great! A real quality thread!

Cheers sneljel. like i said it took me some time to write it up but if it helps people، then its worth it :)