Thoughts on copyright infringement
2013-06-04, 11:40 PM,
I really hate this word. Scary as hell, and it's probably not just me - got a nice shiny letter from Facebook that I should take down my website, because I have their trademark in my domain. Fair enough. I did my research and it seems the email is real. So, I had no choice other than shut down the website. It wasn't established, so I don't mind.

Personally I think these companies big enough to take you down and nah, I don't wanna end up paying fines and find myself in deep trouble just because I was greedy and wanted to make an extra buck.

So from now on, I decided not to use trademarks on my websites. At all. Hurts the SEO aspect, but I was given up SEOing my webpages a long time ago. I hate watching the freakin' Google dance over and over again. I try to design my sites and my software products to "look-alike" and somehow try to relate the colors of my landing pages to the actual brand's colors (Facebook - blue, Spotify - green, etc.) This was, those multi millionaire idiots who try to polish their so-called brand can fuck off. Because I am not using their logos, images, not even the brand's name written in plain text.

Conversion? Might suffer. A bit. But I beleive if you have a good YouTube video/presentation about your product, it will not be a problem. Let me give you an example; instead using "Microsoft Points Generator" I'd go with "Atomic Points Generator for X-Consoles" - hell, it can be done. Related? Yeah. Copyright materials used? No.

Okay folks, what's your opinion on this? And in general, do you think are we doing something wrong with these fake programs out there? We are basically stealing from thieves. LoL.

Scamming idiot kids with xbox consoles and whatnot is not a problem for me. I can sleep well. But copyright infringement has some weight. I don't want to fight with companies. It's obvious who would win when it comes to that. If, ever.

Let me shoot your thoughts!
2013-06-05, 12:05 AM,
Were did you get that message. On your private email adress?
2013-06-05, 12:07 AM,
Basically GoDaddy forwarded the mail to my private address. Maybe it's just a competitor tries to frighten me, I don't know, but better to back off. You never know.
2013-10-01, 08:04 AM,
(2013-06-05, 12:07 AM)Gedeon Wrote: Basically GoDaddy forwarded the mail to my private address. Maybe it's just a competitor tries to frighten me, I don't know, but better to back off. You never know.

That's why you never buy hosting/domains from GoDaddy, NameCheap if you are planing to use copyrighted stuff. Go with offshore hosting and about domain, shoot me a pm!
Latest Thanks - View all

Mesina(2013-10-01 09:10 AM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Fish Games Inc. contacted me because of an infringement OlleJustin 5 316 2017-08-01, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Docteur20
  Received Trademark and Copyright Infringement Notice Dejan 3 530 2016-10-11, 09:54 PM
Last Post: YoBroGo
  How to Avoid Youtube Copyright? finnishhacker 2 696 2016-04-12, 10:17 PM
Last Post: finnishhacker
  Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 LP And Generator - Thoughts and Advice Please! Anonymously 23 1,626 2016-03-01, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Anonymously
  your thoughts on "Payza"? Rivermob 1 174 2015-10-28, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hare

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top