Things I've Noticed About CPAElites
2013-09-12, 03:43 AM,
Hey guys, I would just like to share somethings I've noticed about some on the posters on CPAElites. Now This isn't meant to insult people, but it's rather a couple tips to make the forum better. Don't get me wrong it's a really nice community, however there are certain negative aspects that do hinder how nice it is in some cases.
Without further ado, I'd like to show you a list of small things I've noticed as a lurker.

1. Posting in the Bragging section without proof.

Like This.
It is quite annoying how people make claims about their success, but can't take 20 seconds to take a screenie or picture of it. If your going to say you have done something or acquired something, the least you can do is out proof that you have done it. Don't waste people's time with "I made $500 today" Then not backing it up. Give yourself some credibility.

2. People who believe they should get thanks for everything.

There are some people on this forum, who when they share something, must always be thanked for. People will thank you without the button, you don't need to put it in every single one of your shares just to make sure people thank you for it. There are people who get more thanks without a spoiler then those with. I understand you also want to protect what you have to say from leeches and random visitors. But every post? Come on thanks is earned and shouldn't be begged for. If your begging for thanks then you do not deserve any of it.

3. People who post just to increase their post count.

Like This.
I've seen countless amount of this over the years, and most forums have a problem with it. On every forum there are people who will just simply post for the sake of post count. They go thread to thread posting, even if it doesn't relate that well or it's just a one liner like
"thanks for the share dude". The thanks button was made for this. So that there aren't threads full of people saying thanks and actual discussion can take place.

4. People who purposely try and start arguments.

Like This. Why do people have to state their opinion in such a way that will offend others? There are plenty of other ways to say what you have to say without offending people. Now sometimes you will offend people, however in most cases there is an easy way to get your point across without offending others.

Disclaimer:
Please do remember, these are things that I've seen. Personal experiences may vary and stated opinion should not be taken as fact, but as critique. Any people who feel like they need to argue can PM me because this thread is to merely identify what problems there are in the community; not to cause arguments. Please post any other negative things, that if fixed can make the community nicer.
Latest Thanks - View all

BlvdJeremy(2013-09-13 06:02 AM) staffer(2013-09-12 09:06 AM) Robocop(2013-09-12 05:00 AM) ultras(2013-09-12 04:06 AM) User(2013-09-12 03:59 AM) altgani(2013-09-12 03:56 AM) klaatu97(2013-09-12 03:48 AM) 

[Image: Kh7ZcMn.png?1]
2013-09-12, 03:50 AM,
Only 6 post and you write correct things. I agree with you, and I hope that the forum will be more and more HQ, because we have a lot of good members that don't do 1,2,3 and 4 things you wrote( luckily! )
Latest Thanks - View all

Shiina(2013-09-12 03:51 AM) 
2013-09-12, 03:59 AM,
I find most of these true but only on some threads, there is a lot of LQ posts and a equal amount of HQ (IMO), 1. is one I see a lot, it's just guys trying to get a few refs and see if they can get a few dollars out of them, that's all.

Before End of Year Goal ! Car *MYVI*
[Image: jhnSWo7.png]
Skype - E60Boy (Note: Not online as much as before!)
[ ] 150+ Rep
[ X ] 800+ Posts
User's Voice/Video Service!
2013-09-12, 04:07 AM,
Yeah everybody can do inspect element.
2013-09-12, 04:58 AM,
(2013-09-12, 04:07 AM)ultras Wrote: Yeah everybody can do inspect element.

However usually when people do, they leave a mistake. But yeah I'd agree that it's easy to do. But most of the lower quality users here don't exactly pay much attention to detail and generally it is lower quality users that don't post proof. I've only rarely seen an HQ user start a bragging thread without proof.

2013-09-12, 05:02 AM,
(2013-09-12, 03:43 AM)Oshawott™ Wrote: 1. Posting in the Bragging section without proof.

Like This.
It is quite annoying how people make claims about their success, but can't take 20 seconds to take a screenie or picture of it. If your going to say you have done something or acquired something, the least you can do is out proof that you have done it. Don't waste people's time with "I made $500 today" Then not backing it up. Give yourself some credibility.

I couldn't be more agree with you.I also suggest that I order to open an thread in bragging section and claim your earnings/EPC and so on,you must record the desktop since we all know how easy is to fake that numbers with elements inspection Grumpy

Pay the cost to be the boss

2013-09-12, 05:31 AM,
I don't agree with you because as you said, posting in the bragging section without proof. Everyone's sharing his story, success etc.. but he/she don't need to prove you. When i see someone opened a thread like this:
I made over $5000 this month, and i'm just saying: Wow amazing, congratulations! When i will read something like this i'm getting more and more inspiration for work, i don't care if he/she lying or telling the truth.
And the secound one is about the people who post just to increase their post count. for example:
When a new member join our community, he need to make the first post in Introductions, and for example he said Hey guys my name is ... i'm new member here and i want to learn a lot with you guys etc etc.. Everyone wants to introduce himself like a high-quality member and he wants to say you're welcome and enjoy stay etc. That is a good thing buddy.
And about the people who believe they should get thanks for everything.
There's alot of people who sharing their private tutorials/methods/tricks etc. They deserve that and the "Thank" button is a good thing.
2013-09-12, 05:35 AM,
This thread just described every forum, not just this one.
2013-09-12, 08:12 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-12, 08:15 AM by Shiina.)
(2013-09-12, 05:31 AM)Swifty Wrote: I don't agree with you because as you said, posting in the bragging section without proof. Everyone's sharing his story, success etc.. but he/she don't need to prove you. When i see someone opened a thread like this:
I made over $5000 this month, and i'm just saying: Wow amazing, congratulations! When i will read something like this i'm getting more and more inspiration for work, i don't care if he/she lying or telling the truth.
And the secound one is about the people who post just to increase their post count. for example:
When a new member join our community, he need to make the first post in Introductions, and for example he said Hey guys my name is ... i'm new member here and i want to learn a lot with you guys etc etc.. Everyone wants to introduce himself like a high-quality member and he wants to say you're welcome and enjoy stay etc. That is a good thing buddy.
And about the people who believe they should get thanks for everything.
There's alot of people who sharing their private tutorials/methods/tricks etc. They deserve that and the "Thank" button is a good thing.

You took what I said about the bragging section out of context. It's fine if people share their successes, however, providing proof of their claims gives them more credibility to the person posting. AKA not looking like a poser. You saying you believe someone just saying something is amusing. If they made $5000 why would they not have any proof? It's apart of keeping people to their word, and seeing who's actually still telling the truth in this world of confusion.

Introducing yourself is not posting to increase post count. It's people that don't contribute or provoke conversation on a topic, or create meaningless or nonsensical post that I'm talking about.

It's quite obvious by now you didn't read everything I posted. Thanks whoring is when they make a thanks spoiler on every single on of their shares. The Psychology behind it is that, if they are making so many good shares, why are they begging for thanks? Thanks is a button used when other users are expressing appreciation for something. It shouldn't be mandatory whenever you contribute. "Thanks" worthy posts will receive thanks if the users find it helpful. Why should it be by default?

Perhaps instead of using thanks to hide content form unregistered users, the thread maker should have the option of setting their thread site wide, or community wide. That way people won't always register and create spam accounts, and people won't thanks whore, because they don't have to worry about leaches.

(2013-09-12, 05:35 AM)Jordan Wrote: This thread just described every forum, not just this one.

Not every forum has a bragging section dude, nor do most forums have thanks buttons. But I guess you would be correct in terms of online marketing forums, but on the scale of forums alone these idea's don't apply.

2013-09-12, 08:59 AM,
Brother, this is a forum. If people like them and you don't exist then it won't be a community to live in.

Imagine your news channel with no news.

Trade dota 2 items - PM me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What things do you do when you can't sleep DanaCr 10 112 Yesterday, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Boltrax
  Your time Spent Online on CPAElites Niki 19 415 2017-09-27, 07:04 PM
Last Post: siddakrish
  How did you hear about the Cpaelites shahanavaasu 10 243 2017-07-09, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Yushin
  Things to do in spare time midastou4 9 309 2017-05-19, 08:48 PM
Last Post: houlihan
  What things you want to bring back from the 90's specz34 11 398 2017-05-17, 08:46 PM
Last Post: mariad

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top