The Question...
2015-10-03, 11:33 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-11-03, 06:36 AM by MoneyCashers.)
I remember when I was 10 years old one day my dad asked me a strange question,
and you know I never did have a good answer for him, but he continued to ask it for quite awhile...

The Question Was: If you could change just one thing about the world, what would it be?

And I guess after he started to travel to find work I just kind of forgot about it... it just never seemed that important to me... I cared more about my hobbies and games...

He would call me from where ever he was and want to know what I did that day and then would ask me why i did it... I always just answered "because i wanted to"
To me he seemed kind of a strange guy, he never spent much time with us. And always seemed to talk in riddles.

My mom would always ask him if he could send us any money, and I guess he would say he couldn't, since we rarely had much.

And after awhile I stopped talking to him when ever he asked for me... something I will regret to my grave...

About a year later, while working as a salesmen in New York, i got the news that my dad had died...

I was 11 years old...

It was a shock, but something I choose to try and not think about growing up. You know it's funny how you can forget you cared about someone if you try hard enough. But I guess somebody didn't want me to forget... because one day I got a letter in the mail. It was from my dads old boss, he had been cleaning out my dads desk and found a letter, addressed to me that my dad had never sent.

I opened it and it simply said.

"Hey buddy,

Just wondered if you ever found an answer to that question i asked you... if you didn't, I just wanted to give you mine.

I would change me...

Because you can't change the world... until you change your world, first.
You see every time I looked in the mirror I saw a man who failed. I saw a man who gave up. I saw a man who lost it all and never tried to win it back.

And I can tell you that there is no greater dread in this world then to wake up every morning and realize your never going to make it... that your family is going to suffer all their lives because you wont do what is necessary...

Do what is necessary buddy... because every day you wake up you are offered a choice. We all are... and it's a simple one...

Win or lose. There is no tie or break even in this world buddy, you either win or you lose, and it's ALWAYS up to you.
And never forget this, you ALWAYS have that choice. You never have to lose.

I am sorry I have been away for so long, but I'm in a fight bud, just like the ones you watch on TV. I'm in a fight to take back my dreams!

Having you for a son is the greatest honer I can imagine. I love you Buddy and your mother.

Please, never give up on me bud, or yourself."

That day I wept those tears you feel when life seems to tear open your soul.

You see up until then I thought i had life figured out, but there is a thing about life... it's big, very big. It's bigger then any of us and the sooner we take a hold of the fact that the only way to get though it in one piece is to change us, the sooner this world will change.

I never got to see my dad again, but i got to see his fears and dreams. And really that's what everyone has, fears and dreams.

But as long as your dream, is bigger then your fears... you can't help but give it just one more shot :)

Remember: Yesterday is history, Tomorrows a mystery, but Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present. :)

~MoneyCashers
Latest Thanks - View all

why2001(2015-10-04 12:52 AM) 

Even if you don't believe in yourself... I will. :)

[Image: banner3.jpg]
2015-10-04, 12:39 AM,
First of all I'm really sorry for your dad and I also wanna say that no one knows how much hard work fathers do for their family they go and work for you so you can go to school, wear new clothes, never feel hunger but still you will never understand the struggle until you become a father. As I see your father was a great man he had many pains buried in his heart he worked hard for just you guys so you can become something in the future and make a change in the world. And as I see now you have known what life means you have struggled to reach the place you're in right now wish you become more successful in your life mate!
Hope you guys understand what your fathers do for you! You can never re-pay what they have done for you.
Latest Thanks - View all

why2001(2015-10-04 12:51 AM) 

[Image: di1WHG0.png?1]
2015-10-04, 12:50 AM,
Sorry for you MoneyCashers, for me was worst because my dad leaved me and now is living with another woman. I never had a father and I don't felt the love of one father. Love your parents when are near you because they work a lot for your life ;)
2015-10-04, 01:38 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-10-19, 03:46 AM by MoneyCashers.)
(2015-10-04, 12:39 AM)SiriusBlack Wrote: First of all I'm really sorry for your dad and I also wanna say that no one knows how much hard work fathers do for their family they go and work for you so you can go to school, wear new clothes, never feel hunger but still you will never understand the struggle until you become a father. As I see your father was a great man he had many pains buried in his heart he worked hard for just you guys so you can become something in the future and make a change in the world. And as I see now you have known what life means you have struggled to reach the place you're in right now wish you become more successful in your life mate!
Hope you guys understand what your fathers do for you! You can never re-pay what they have done for you.

Great post man, so true. I just hope I can be as good a man as he was.

~MoneyCashers

2015-10-19, 03:46 AM,
(2015-10-04, 12:50 AM)why2001 Wrote: Sorry for you MoneyCashers, for me was worst because my dad leaved me and now is living with another woman. I never had a father and I don't felt the love of one father. Love your parents when are near you because they work a lot for your life ;)

That's very hard my friend... Stay Strong :)

~MoneyCashers

2015-10-20, 04:34 AM,
First of all, I am sorry for your dad. Secondly I would really want to thank you for this thread, this really made me think about my life. I am so grateful for my parent working so hard for me and my sister. We have never felt real hunger, fear or loneliness and I am sorry for the people that have.
This is really the first time I started thinking about this, again thank you.
And Ps: I might have cried a little while reading your story.

Dedication is a talent all on its own.
2015-10-20, 04:49 AM,
Well, i really don't know what to write.. This story made me feel sad, as Pixel said, and i am thinking now a little bit more about life and parents.
Thanks for sharing this, and i can't even imagine how much this hurted you while you were writing this text.
2015-10-20, 07:50 AM,
Well, that brought tears to my eyes. It's so sad for both you and your father but man, what a gift to receive a message like that from your dad after all this time.

We grew up without our dad (he left to live with his new girlfriend and have another baby) but now that he's elderly, I take care of him. I want no regrets after he's gone. Plus, I'm getting to know a lot about him that I didn't know before.

Like someone above said, take more notice of your dad while you can. Because you never know...
2015-10-23, 08:46 AM,
I really didn't write it to bring sadness... but more reflection.

Don't miss the ones you love only when they have passed... Enjoy their life right now :)

And yes, bossul it was hard actually...

~MoneyCashers

2015-10-27, 11:22 PM,
I think all know what really like to change. Don't think, do it.
I'd like to change one things only, but it impossible. Two year ago I lost a better friend, he was die and I can't change it (

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious question.. anyone feel out of place in public places? iBrobot 8 244 2017-07-20, 04:56 PM
Last Post: aruncp
  Question to Bodybuilders Here CarolA 9 334 2017-05-25, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Stone_Heart
  Gym question SmallHopes 6 293 2017-05-10, 01:40 AM
Last Post: meena980
  Question for German Peoples Xenobier 12 428 2017-04-02, 01:58 AM
Last Post: dedivah6
  A kind of newbie question Premium_Ads 3 641 2016-07-30, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Premium_Ads

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB