[Suggestion] Country Flag Next To Username
2015-02-23, 01:26 PM,
Hello there, I was thinking about it since there is no such plugin here so this is why I suggest it. =)

I think this little feature (V1.8) could be cool and is available on MyBB platform (here is the link to cut on research time: http://community.mybb.com/thread-148711.html)

It would be a nice + to the posts and profile section. I know this suggestion isnt a game changer but would be nice ! Users have the choice to show it or hide it.

Lets see what the others think about it !

Dave.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2015-02-23 03:36 PM) 
2015-02-23, 03:26 PM,
I'll have a talk about this with Verilog, he just moved so won't be until Wednesday I believe.
2015-02-23, 03:52 PM,
Maybe this is not so important if you live in country like UK, but as I live in really small country then to meet some locals doing IM is not that often thing... So when somebody realize that you are from same small country they instantly think you have to do whatever to help and give the best things to them. LOL
And I do not like to talk in my language about IM, cos lot of words I have to tell in English as there is not proper translation and at the end of the day half talks is in English anyway :D

In short I do not want any flags in my profile, or then you have to allow to choose out home country ( I will pick Antarctica :D ) or enable disable flag.
Otherwise I do not see any reason to enforce such thing to everybody.
Latest Thanks - View all

lordeahava(2015-02-27 01:57 PM) CrazyRussian(2015-02-23 04:05 PM)  HawkEye(2015-02-23 03:55 PM) 
2015-02-23, 03:55 PM,
(2015-02-23, 03:52 PM)★★★ BotMan ★★★ Wrote: Maybe this is not so important if you live in country like UK, but as I live in really small country then to meet some locals doing IM is not that often thing... So when somebody realize that you are from same small country they instantly think you have to do whatever to help and give the best things to them. LOL
And I do not like to talk in my language about IM, cos lot of words I have to tell in English as there is not proper translation and at the end of the day half talks is in English anyway :D

In short I do not want any flags in my profile, or then you have to allow to choose out home country ( I will pick Antarctica :D ) or enable disable flag.

I agree it's a decent way to meet others native to you. Let's wait and see what Verilog says but I'm sure this will go ahead as it's pretty good.
2015-02-23, 04:05 PM,
(2015-02-23, 01:26 PM)⚜Dαve18K⚜ Wrote: Lets see what the others think about it !

I like this idea. I thought about it, too, but you have been faster. ;-)

+1 from me.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-02-23, 04:35 PM,
(2015-02-23, 03:55 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 03:52 PM)★★★ BotMan ★★★ Wrote: Maybe this is not so important if you live in country like UK, but as I live in really small country then to meet some locals doing IM is not that often thing... So when somebody realize that you are from same small country they instantly think you have to do whatever to help and give the best things to them. LOL

I agree it's a decent way to meet others native to you. Let's wait and see what Verilog says but I'm sure this will go ahead as it's pretty good.

My post point is to tell that I'm against this feature, not impressed.
Can not understand what forums is to do with flags LOL is there any geographic club ?
Next suggestion will be IP addresses next to profile ?
2015-02-23, 04:37 PM,
(2015-02-23, 04:35 PM)★★★ BotMan ★★★ Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 03:55 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:

My post point is to tell that I'm against this feature, not impressed.
Can not understand what forums is to do with flags LOL is there any geographic club ?
Next suggestion will be IP addresses next to profile ?

Sorry, just woke up. I misread your post.
2015-02-23, 04:40 PM,
(2015-02-23, 03:52 PM)★★★ BotMan ★★★ Wrote: In short I do not want any flags in my profile, or then you have to allow to choose out home country ( I will pick Antarctica :D ) or enable disable flag.

I think this could be handled like now. You can set your country, but only optionally. So the flag is going to be shown only if you set the country.

Regarding the IP addresses: Don't worry, that's against many laws.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-02-23, 04:41 PM,
(2015-02-23, 04:40 PM)BlackHatSEO Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 03:52 PM)★★★ BotMan ★★★ Wrote: In short I do not want any flags in my profile, or then you have to allow to choose out home country ( I will pick Antarctica :D ) or enable disable flag.

I think this could be handled like now. You can set your country, but only optionally. So the flag is going to be shown only if you set the country.

Regarding the IP addresses: Don't worry, that's against many laws.

Yes, it would be an optional feature to the users.
2015-02-23, 07:18 PM,
(2015-02-23, 04:41 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Yes, it would be an optional feature to the users.

Then I also see no problems there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Suggestion] Sales Thread dmgr14 11 762 2017-11-11, 12:57 PM
Last Post: SwiffJustus
  [Suggestion] Convert link to page title for internal links Uncle 5 518 2017-07-13, 09:41 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  [Suggestion] Reactions buttons chowdary 1 174 2017-06-28, 03:16 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  [Suggestion] Improve search function AdludumIbrahim 2 567 2017-02-15, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Verilog
  [Suggestion] Ability to add Skype handle to your profile AdludumIbrahim 2 409 2017-01-20, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Verilog

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top