Strange 1# Ranking Method, If you have more info, please share
2018-08-01, 05:05 PM,
I know a really, really big ecommerce website that is using the following technique to rank 1#:

Example:
They have the url: www.x.com/product and are ranking 1# for the keyword "product" with 0 (yes, zero) backlinks created for that url.
They create high quality articles on their website with the url: www.x.com/the-best-way-to-solve-problems-with-product and then they must contact the blog owners directly and ask them to post their article on their own blog with a backlink to www.x.com/the-best-way-to-solve-problems-with-product.

I don't understand, but that's what they do, every single day I get a e-mail with the new backlinks they are creating and it comes from blogs and ref links on wikipedia (on various languages).
They don't create backlinks on the money page www.x.com/product, but those pages rank 1# without question.
Right now Google is implementing a algorithm update as I'm sure many of you know by now, and this ecommerce website, didn't budged from 1# for ALL of their products keywords, it's insane.

They are even using around 2k Class C backlinks, they are pure spam, those backlinks are from forum link farms, where there's literally almost 1 million posts with pure backlink spam.
And instead of getting penalized to oblivion, Google sees them as the maximum authority...

What I'm really surprised, it's that their ranking method works, but in my mind doesn't make any sense, if you want to rank any page of your website, you MUST create backlinks for those pages, you can't create a backlink to www.x.com/prod1 and expect to rank 1# www.x.com/prod2 but this is exactly what is happening.

I'm posting this info here to see if I find someone here on the forums that knows what I'm talking about and is willing to share some insights on this ranking method.
Share This Thread :

2018-08-01, 05:33 PM,
That is interesting, can we do the same method for ranking other niche sites?
2018-08-01, 06:34 PM,
I'm going to do it, but it's a method that requires a lot of time, dedication and probably money (buying the HQ articles).

When I think about it, this is like grayhat SEO, they use HQ articles but with the intention to place backlinks on authority blog websites, the bloggers think "hey, this is nice a free HQ article", but they have no idea the real intention behind it.
Even Wikipedia is getting fooled, because they post references in Wikipedia pages from every different language, and because the article is HQ, the editors don't remove the backlinks, even though on the sidebar there's a link to buy the product from the website.

It's really a clever way to use social engineering at their benefit and now I'm starting to realize the importance of creating really HQ articles, I always thought it was a time wasting process, but it's not, at least nowadays, it's definitely not.
2018-08-02, 10:15 PM,
Nice share. Thanks bro. :)
2018-08-02, 11:29 PM,
it's called siloing, you should look up how to silo your website, basically building links to a silo page, which passes juice to any pages you'd like to rank