Some questions about VPS :(
2013-09-08, 10:46 PM,
Hi sweetie!

I'm just wondering on VPS.
1. Why do people on CPA and PPD networks use VPS?
2. If I bought a VPS, do I have to install my own OS? Or the VPS is all mine and the applications are ready to install?
3. What if my VPS expires? What about my saved files, passwords, etc?
4. And also, please recommend me some lovely sites where I can avail VPS.
Thanks <3
2013-09-08, 10:51 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-08, 10:53 PM by ℛᴏʏᴀʟ ɢs.)
1. The abbreviation VPS stands for 'Virtual Private Server' - It's essentially sharing a dedicated server (computer) but think of the dedicated server as a pie. 4 slices assigned to 4 people. VPS's can be used for anything, hosting servers, websites or simply storing your media.

2. Generally, there are two options for a VPS. One is Windows and the second is Linux. There are many different versions and types of these OS's but on Windows, you have a GUI (graphical user interface) and most Linux OS's for a VPS, you use commands (text) to do everything via putty or another SSH client. I highly recommend you as an individual use Windows.

3. If you don't pay for your VPS by a deadline, everything gets wiped for someone else to use.

4. I'll let others do the recommending. ;)
2013-09-08, 10:59 PM,
(2013-09-08, 10:51 PM)Royal Wrote: 1. The abbreviation VPS stands for 'Virtual Private Server' - It's essentially sharing a dedicated server (computer) but think of the dedicated server as a pie. 4 slices assigned to 4 people. VPS's can be used for anything, hosting servers, websites or simply storing your media.

2. Generally, there are two options for a VPS. One is Windows and the second is Linux. There are many different versions and types of these OS's but on Windows, you have a GUI (graphical user interface) and most Linux OS's for a VPS, you use commands (text) to do everything via putty or another SSH client. I highly recommend you as an individual use Windows.

3. If you don't pay for your VPS by a deadline, everything gets wiped for someone else to use.

So basically, it means publishers use VPS so they can run their bots? What about the internet connection? Is it also included there?
Sorry for being a newbie -.-"
2013-09-08, 11:03 PM,
1. Run viewers like vagex, EV viewers or SEO tools.
2. You don't have to install your OS. The VPS provider will do it for you. Most VPS's use Linux as OS, if you're Windows OS user you will have hard to work on Linux OS such ubuntu, debian etc.
3. All the data will be removed
4. Use Google search!
2013-09-08, 11:03 PM,
(2013-09-08, 10:59 PM)Mai Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 10:51 PM)Royal Wrote: 1. The abbreviation VPS stands for 'Virtual Private Server' - It's essentially sharing a dedicated server (computer) but think of the dedicated server as a pie. 4 slices assigned to 4 people. VPS's can be used for anything, hosting servers, websites or simply storing your media.

So basically, it means publishers use VPS so they can run their bots? What about the internet connection? Is it also included there?

Well, there would be no point for dedis and vps's if there wasn't an internet connection =P

It's basically another computer for you to run things on 24/7, completely unrelated to CPA. You can run 'bots' on there assuming they're applications for Windows, yeah.
2013-09-08, 11:04 PM,
(2013-09-08, 10:59 PM)Mai Wrote: So basically, it means publishers use VPS so they can run their bots? What about the internet connection? Is it also included there?

Yes most VPS providers offer VPS's including IC.
2013-09-08, 11:12 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2013-09-08, 11:15 PM by Fierce.)
There are some that provides free for the first month. Almost all VPS include internet connection. PPD/CPAers use it to run SEO tools and credit bots like enhanceviews and vagex. Im Fierce btw ;)

EDIT: damn you're a pinoy. Ako din eh.

[Image: banner300x250.png]
2013-09-09, 03:02 PM,
for runing bots on VPS(EV,..) you need Windows VPS, or it works on linux too?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
hosting from $2,95/m
new2014 – 20% off recurring or new70 – 70% off first month
NEW Proxy provider for Seo tools - Cupon "gsa" for 50% off 3mo

2013-09-09, 03:56 PM,
For running bots, get a windows vps. If you want to host websites, go with linux but you have to possess technical knowledge to install http server, mysql, php5, etc.

As far as I know, DigitalOcean Cloud VPS provides automatic install of all these.
2013-09-09, 04:33 PM,
well, I remeember years ago I went to VPS and it was all there. I am not sure but i think Webmin was for "cpanel".
I was at securesingup.net or now ifastnet.com

hosting from $2,95/m
new2014 – 20% off recurring or new70 – 70% off first month
NEW Proxy provider for Seo tools - Cupon "gsa" for 50% off 3mo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maxbounty questions Tsyed01 5 187 2017-08-20, 08:29 PM
Last Post: PBNmaster
  Is there a free vps that let you download a bot on it SeoFreak 5 187 2017-08-17, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LeoneAvaliani
  Some questions about landing pages and cpa mhiran 8 243 2017-08-09, 03:37 AM
Last Post: azgold
  Antraxo´s Helping/Tips Thread - Ask me questions here! antraxo 48 3,976 2017-08-05, 07:35 AM
Last Post: antraxo
  [NL] Dutch Tax Payments Questions Moonlight_ 6 236 2017-07-14, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Moonlight_

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top