Site H@cked?
2015-04-07, 02:23 AM,
I have been sending SEO to a new niche site but saw it had been deranked a little while ago. I typed in site:MYSITE.com into Google to make sure it hadn't been deindexed and noticed that my site title and meta description had all been changed to a different niche. I deleted everything from the site and reuploaded it. I changed my passwords to the hosting and cpanel accounts as well.
It's an HTML site so it's not a plug-in.
Anyone have experience in this and what to do to prevent it?
2015-04-07, 02:32 AM,
is your website on a shared hosting? if so any experienced h@cker can root through the server and bruteforce the cpanels
and get the p@sswords, i recommend you gettin' a VPS

If You Think That Any Of The Staff Team Is Using Their Privileges In A Wrong Manner
You Can Always Contact The Admin → HawkEye
2015-04-07, 02:36 AM,
(2015-04-07, 02:32 AM)Wire Wrote: is your website on a shared hosting? if so any experienced h@cker can root through the server and bruteforce the cpanels
and get the p@sswords, i recommend you gettin' a VPS

No its a godaddy domain/hosting plan. Password isn't a dictionary word and is a mix of letters, uppers and lowers, numbers and symbols. Would have been really hard to brute force. Only thing I can think of is the website code itself, but I don't know enough about it to be able to detect malicious sections. Will VT pick it up?
2015-04-07, 02:42 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-07, 02:43 AM by LB'Decoy.)
That's not my point bro, if he only rooted the server then he gets access to the whole sites on the same server, what i meant is if he didn't root it and only got through one site of the server he can bruteforce the cPanels, but if he rooted the whole server then gets access to everything on the server, and if you're afraid of VT then you can always encrypt your HTML through http://www.iwebtool.com/html_encrypter

If You Think That Any Of The Staff Team Is Using Their Privileges In A Wrong Manner
2015-04-07, 02:51 AM,
(2015-04-07, 02:42 AM)Wire Wrote: That's not my point bro, if he only rooted the server then he gets access to the whole sites on the same server, what i meant is if he didn't root it and only got through one site of the server he can bruteforce the cPanels, but if he rooted the whole server then gets access to everything on the server, and if you're afraid of VT then you can always encrypt your HTML through http://www.iwebtool.com/html_encrypter
Ah OK I see what your saying. So if the server is rooted, is there any way to protect against it or just have to wait for godaddy to take care of it?
And no I mean I want the VT scan to pick up and you malicious code I'm just wondering if it will detect it in html or PHP
2015-04-07, 02:55 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-07, 02:57 AM by LB'Decoy.)
(2015-04-07, 02:51 AM)Jack Daniels Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 02:42 AM)Wire Wrote: That's not my point bro, if he only rooted the server then he gets access to the whole sites on the same server, what i meant is if he didn't root it and only got through one site of the server he can bruteforce the cPanels, but if he rooted the whole server then gets access to everything on the server, and if you're afraid of VT then you can always encrypt your HTML through http://www.iwebtool.com/html_encrypter
Ah OK I see what your saying. So if the server is rooted, is there any way to protect against it or just have to wait for godaddy to take care of it?
And no I mean I want the VT scan to pick up and you malicious code I'm just wondering if it will detect it in html or PHP

You have nothing to do if someone roots the server so yeah you'll need to wait until godaddy fixes the issues, Also thats why i recommended you the VPS so you can be the only one on the host, also VT would only catch the content if it has any ph!sh!ng in the code, or if sp@m404 blacklists your website, so thats why i told you to encrypt the HTML codes cause it helped me before tho'

2015-04-07, 03:13 AM,
(2015-04-07, 02:55 AM)Wire Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 02:51 AM)Jack Daniels Wrote:

You have nothing to do if someone roots the server so yeah you'll need to wait until godaddy fixes the issues, Also thats why i recommended you the VPS so you can be the only one on the host, also VT would only catch the content if it has any ph!sh!ng in the code, or if sp@m404 blacklists your website, so thats why i told you to encrypt the HTML codes cause it helped me before tho'
Thanks for the help man I appreciate it
Latest Thanks - View all

LB'Decoy(2015-04-07 04:01 AM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track YouTube Video Rank Manually+Useful Site Watt 24 1,098 Yesterday, 12:30 PM
Last Post: jack007
  Multiniche or single niche site for CPA? Project_Leader 11 533 2017-10-03, 12:28 AM
Last Post: fateha
  (Question) How to handle content locker for wordpress site with multiple posts ZohnSon 4 208 2017-09-27, 09:53 PM
Last Post: ZohnSon
  Multi niche site opinions ? verton 8 206 2017-09-04, 12:03 AM
Last Post: verton
  Question about a single niche site Project_Leader 10 258 2017-08-28, 05:20 PM
Last Post: botmaker111

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top