Shopify & Facebook Ads | First Try
2017-09-13, 10:21 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2017-10-04, 09:26 AM by illusionist.)

Last Updated: October 3rd 2017

[Image: WvWUTGI.png]
Hey everyone, I haven't been posting much around here or been around here for a while not even lurking. I've been very demotivated lately, my CPA websites slowly got hit by google for my BH SEO, one by one my sites feel and so did my money, I don't even make any money from CPA any more. I'm hoping to start that up again soon. But for now I'm going to just try something new to give me a break and get me back into the swing of things.

The Original Plan

I was going to just rank my website #1 on Google with BH SEO, but after getting frustrated with it, I stopped and had to re-think what I was going to do. I did this because eBay ads where showing up with my search term for the product from the Chinese buyers I was buying from for $1's.

The New Plan

My new plan is to try out Facebook Ads. I've never done anything with Facebook ads before so you guys will get to see me trial and error through my ads and everything else I learn on my way. My selling strategy right now is an annoying one. The FREE product, just pay shipping (shipping is $5.95). Of course its not really just paying for shipping. The product and shipping it will only cost $1.74. So I would make $3.41 (including fees). It's a small margin to play with I might need to increase the shipping price or hope my Facebook ads do well.

This Journey For Me

Other then the fact that you guys are just dying to hear about my journey (lol), I do have my own reasons for this journey being a big deal. I believe having this thread will keep me caught up with all my work, and I will procrastinate a lot less and actually achieve my goals. I really do hope this journey helps both me and readers of it.

[Image: gKTJfTP.png]

[Image: Hmh2s2Q.png]

These are my current goals. Will be crossed out when they are achieved and more goals added

1. Make My Journey Thread
2. Get Facebook Ad Active and Running
3. Research "Free Just Pay Shipping" ads On Facebook
4. Get My First Sale! (9/13/2017)
5. Get 5 Sales
6. Learn A LOT more about Facebook Ad Targeting/Images

[Image: qIZ0rpb.png]
Update #1 -> https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Shopify...#pid647110
Update #2 -> https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Shopify...#pid647952
Update #3 -> https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Shopify...#pid648035
Update #4 -> https://www.cpaelites.com/Thread-Shopify...#pid650618

If you have any questions for me please feel free to ask. I will not tell you what product I'm selling for obvious reasons so please don't ask.
Latest Thanks - View all

moneyboy2012(2017-09-15 08:17 AM)  Watt(2017-09-13 11:35 PM) 
2017-09-13, 11:34 PM,
Beautiful thread design and layout. Make sure you use Facebook retargeting for your adverts buddy.

Also, buy some plugins that automate things for you, there's one that scrapes products from Alibaba and adds them into your shop. It also Take a orders and processes pretty much everything for you saving you tons of time.

Edit: I Googled it for you: https://apps.shopify.com/oberlo
Latest Thanks - View all

Watt(2017-09-13 11:35 PM) 
2017-09-13, 11:41 PM,
Since i'm into Dropshipping i have couple of things to tell you and YOU SHOULD LISTEN to me, because i burned in first try near 1300 euros with little to no return.
  • Prepare to burn money, it's all about testing and testing, who says that you can make a profit with 50$ investments, LIES.. or you're so happy that you got your winner in the first try (in this case buy a lotto).
  • Pick a niche targeted site, just avoid trademarks.
  • Research competition in your product niche, i made a solid post about it you can find it in tutorials
  • Create and work on FanBase (IG,FB,YT)
  • Don't rush into it, just take some time to make your shop unique among others
  • Configure product details, photos, descriptions, variants till perfection.. Just don't do standard Oberlo import format.
  • Run ads for at least 5 days until you can see if it's worth it or not
  • BE UNIQUE, STAND OUT, NEVER STOP TESTING AND SCALING
Latest Thanks - View all

dice(2017-09-16 10:53 PM) illusionist(2017-09-14 01:29 AM)  HawkEye(2017-09-14 12:20 AM)  Watt(2017-09-13 11:42 PM) 

[Image: DvTo9to.gif]
2017-09-14, 12:18 AM,
Good luck. Will follow your journey.
2017-09-14, 12:23 AM,
(2017-09-13, 11:41 PM)SpawneR Wrote: Since i'm into Dropshipping i have couple of things to tell you and YOU SHOULD LISTEN to me, because i burned in first try near 1300 euros with little to no return.
  • Prepare to burn money, it's all about testing and testing, who says that you can make a profit with 50$ investments, LIES.. or you're so happy that you got your winner in the first try (in this case buy a lotto).
  • Research competition in your product niche, i made a solid post about it you can find it in tutorials
  • Configure product details, photos, descriptions, variants till perfection.. Just don't do standard Oberlo import format.

Good advice. It's true nothing comes easy. You can always spy on others and see how much they are burning into adverts with spy tools. That's a good way to cacluate things before jumping head first into niches. IMHO, it's the advert graphics and copy which makes a big difference too, make awesome adverts that make your audience want to engage and you're half way there.
2017-09-14, 12:46 AM,
I am working on my eCommerce store as well for about 9 months now dropshipping,I am nowhere near to be an expert but I've burned more than enough money to learn from my mistakes. Therefore if you need any help I am open just drop me a pm here ;)

Glad to see more people trying,but I'll give you a tip that I wish I was given once I started,make the shipping times clear at your product description,order confirmation email and Delivery Policy/FAQ page :)

With you the best of luck mate!
Latest Thanks - View all

illusionist(2017-09-14 04:42 AM)  HawkEye(2017-09-14 01:07 AM) 
2017-09-14, 01:14 AM,
(2017-09-14, 12:23 AM)HawkEye Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 11:41 PM)SpawneR Wrote: Since i'm into Dropshipping i have couple of things to tell you and YOU SHOULD LISTEN to me, because i burned in first try near 1300 euros with little to no return.

Good advice. It's true nothing comes easy. You can always spy on others and see how much they are burning into adverts with spy tools. That's a good way to cacluate things before jumping head first into niches. IMHO, it's the advert graphics and copy which makes a big difference too, make awesome adverts that make your audience want to engage and you're half way there.

Yep just like you said! Can you check your PM?

[Image: DvTo9to.gif]
2017-09-14, 02:16 AM,
(2017-09-14, 01:14 AM)SpawneR Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 12:23 AM)HawkEye Wrote:

Yep just like you said! Can you check your PM?

Replied.
2017-09-14, 04:21 AM,
Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. I'll have an update tomorrow!
2017-09-14, 05:18 AM,
Awesome thread! I'm planning on getting into dropshipping myself, and I feel that this thread will get filled with important and helpful information about it as you progress in your journey. Best of luck to you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JOURNEY Shopify Mastery [$1k/day+ Journey] sniping 29 1,569 2 hours ago
Last Post: seekin_u
  JOURNEY Instagram/ OG Ads Journey. Follow me from the bottom up. Jazzmataz 155 10,737 2017-10-17, 09:14 AM
Last Post: CallmeReaz
  [SHOPIFY] Journey To Six Figures In Ecom - GrowithJune Junegreen 22 1,076 2017-09-02, 11:04 AM
Last Post: MoneyNinja
  SHOPIFY + PRINT ON DEMAND JOURNEY - $1000/DAY lpfacun 68 6,724 2017-08-12, 01:14 AM
Last Post: interwent
  [ECOM] Shopify Method Journey $500/week transcendco 31 2,807 2017-07-15, 08:15 AM
Last Post: manjeshsingh

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top