Share your thoughts on Chrome's nonsense that is going on lately (PPI)
2015-02-17, 06:12 PM,
Alright, I'm posting this to the webmaster section, since it's pretty much HTML/programming related.

As we all know, Chrome is on a rampage - again. Personally, I am sick and tired of Google's web browser, they started hurting my livelihood in the recent weeks and when someone or something does that, I'm not smiling anymore.

Well I believe there are two major sponsors being used across this forum, which is RevenYou and Amonetize. Both has its pros and cons, I do have a good relation with both.

RevenYou does provide a so called smart URL for your files (you gotta team up with your account manager for that) and Amonetize has it's JavaScript workardound too, so I'd say both sponsors made the steps to avoid Chrome's flagging spree.

But sometimes they work, sometimes they didn't. It's just driving me crazy, I spend all my time trying to figure out what to do next to bypass these filters. I am telling you guys, the issue are not Antivirus software. It's Chrome. Look it up, in the last 5 years Chrome has gained a CRAZY amount of userbase (heck, I use it too) but they really don't like 3rd party toolbars and stuff like that. And they are trying to shut down the toolbar industry by every means necessary. You know what's funny? Back in the day they used the PPI model to distribute their browser addon...

So, back on delivering the files. Direct linking to EXEs doesn't work, at least for a while, or when your file is signed and does not contain any offers. ZIP doesn't work either. RAR is not a good option, I tried, way too many users out there who has no idea what to do with a RAR file. Same for other compression methods.

So my current opionon on what to do next is: FCK KNOWS.

Looking forward to hear your thoughs guys.
2015-02-17, 06:17 PM,
2015-02-17, 06:18 PM,
You must see from normal users POV man. Just think, would you like your browser/pc filled with extra junk you never asked for and even spy on your activity?

Btw i do hate their recent updates on the browser. Launcher and what not haha

Manga <3 best. thing. ever
2015-02-17, 06:20 PM,
(2015-02-17, 06:17 PM)hieu230592 Wrote: https://www.virustotal.com/en/about/
This is the reason.

Fantastic. VirusTotal as a subsidiary of Google, I'm pretty sure it's API is 100% implemented in Chrome. Wich auto-updates itself. Just fantastic. I wonder for how long this situation will last.
2015-02-17, 06:21 PM,
As long as PPI "professionals" use Google products (Google Chrome, Android, Google Toolbar, browsers with enabled Google security checks, ...) to upload their files, manage their files at PPI providers, test their landing pages etc. Google Chrome will always get up-to-date information about possible PPI "traps".

I know I'm repeating myself, but Google analyzes every little step you make.

Suggestion: Firefox (with disabled security-checks via Google services)

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-02-17, 06:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 2015-02-17, 06:33 PM by Gedeon.)
(2015-02-17, 06:18 PM)molabee Wrote: You must see from normal users POV man. Just think, would you like your browser/pc filled with extra junk you never asked for and even spy on your activity?

Sure, I do understand their actions. It's good for the everyday user and good for their AdWords platform. The lesser 3rd party companies out there with search marketing services the merrier. Everyone has to use AdWords eventually, since this is gonna be the only one (that is worth using).

What I'm trying to say they are now trying to shut down a multimillion dollar business that is known as pay per install. I'm sure there are gentleman in expensive suits out there who will have a word or two about this. It's not about our couple thousand lousy dollars folks. It's a much bigger business. Just think of the big ones, TrafficVance, 50OnRed. They are pulling crazy money from their advertisers. You think they just gonna let it go because Google decided to block every executable on download? I don't think so.

(2015-02-17, 06:21 PM)BlackHatSEO Wrote: As long as PPI "professionals" use Google products (Google Chrome, Android, Google Toolbar, browsers with enabled Google security checks, ...) to upload their files, manage their files at PPI providers, test their landing pages etc. Google Chrome will always get up-to-date information about possible PPI "traps".

Yup, makes sense however I do not consider myself as a PPI professional :) I'm just a regular everyday guy with a couple installers here and there.

Take a good look at the browsers market share guys, it's shocking.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Maybe some day Google will buy up FireFox and than it'll be Chrome (it is look and feel like Chrome now, though).

But good news is, nothing last forever. Everytime something grow big it will start roth from the inside. :)
2015-02-17, 06:43 PM,
Google chrome sux big way.
When you open chrome you get 3 processes started at the same time and for users like myself with not the latest generation PC those processes use enough of RAM/CPU.
I use Firefox/Opera they are still the best, also i noticed that blogspot no longer supports opera(wtf!?), so they basically want all internet users to use their browser which will never happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SHARE} High Quality Javascript ALERTS! Mimo 0 1,046 2016-07-11, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Mimo
  Facebook Share locker ArtoAllan 6 1,160 2016-03-27, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Currency
  Like & Share Viral Locker Script casua1 20 4,242 2016-03-14, 07:36 PM
Last Post: aqeela
  Facebook share button locker neroazzurro 2 851 2015-11-05, 02:01 AM
Last Post: SiriusBlack
  Looking for anyone who has a CHROME EXTENSIONS DEVELOPER account in Google. StewieGriffin 6 712 2015-08-23, 02:30 PM
Last Post: StewieGriffin

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top