Sam Harris -Morality without religion
2015-01-10, 11:52 PM,

[Image: hawk-5.png]
2015-01-11, 05:00 AM,
Hmm.. I have to say my opinion is that religion isn't necessary at all. All of us have in us morals and ethics the same at birth. We need to be taught from a young age of what the perfect example of having morals and ethics is. That's where whatever religion your parents are steps in..to give you that example to live by with an added specific worldview mixed in. It is more like religion is just a guide on how to properly express these morals and ethics. Of course each religion has their own view of how to specifically go about being moral and ethical. But, it is all the same concept just different ways of being moral and ethical along with viewpoints of what a perfect world should be. I think a morals and ethics booklet would be just as effective as the bible or quran etc. As a whole all the different religions and their views on morals and ethics all point to the same thing in the end..putting aside their different "world views" of course. This means in essence if we would all agree on the fact that we all share similar views of morality just with very different world view's which separate us. Then I think not only would the world be much more peaceful because we are all now on the same page about morality. But, also we would no longer need an example of how "some people" think morality should be expressed. All we would need is to be taught correctly the universal example of being moral and ethical, right from wrong etc. from a young age.

my opinion,
deltyf
Latest Thanks - View all

Pikachoo(2015-01-11 01:20 PM) 

Real-Time SEO Training - Learn how to rank your own sites - $29/month GET ACCESS NOW!
2015-01-14, 11:44 AM,
Religion is not required at all to be a moral person. I know plenty of non-religious people that I consider to be moral and level headed.
Latest Thanks - View all

Pikachoo(2015-01-20 07:54 PM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion - Death & Killing 'Non-Believers' ℛᴏʏᴀʟ ɢs 20 4,380 2014-05-03, 10:21 PM
Last Post: freezone
  What are your views on the boundaries between religion and government? HawkEye 0 203 2014-04-29, 02:37 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  Religion? Shxdow 8 574 2013-07-15, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ReFinig

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top