[SEO] Question about "rel="nofollow"
2014-06-30, 03:50 PM,
I actually read a book , it says :

The Nofollow attribute is an HTML snippet that is added to the hyperlink code that creates links in
websites. The Nofollow attribute plays an important rule in SEO, especially in building links that
impact the website rank. Usually, the links to external websites can reduce the rank of the website.
Therefore, you use the attribute rel=”nofollow” in your HTML code to tell the search engine
not to follow this link and discard it when evaluating the website. You can type this code in any text
editor, such as TextEdit or Notepad, and save it as an HTML file.

So i should use nofollow to all my links to improve my website SEO ?
Why this nofollow is so important ? :)
Share This Thread :

2014-06-30, 07:08 PM,
(2014-06-30, 03:50 PM)LoveHQ Wrote: I actually read a book , it says :

The Nofollow attribute is an HTML snippet that is added to the hyperlink code that creates links in
websites. The Nofollow attribute plays an important rule in SEO, especially in building links that
impact the website rank. Usually, the links to external websites can reduce the rank of the website.
Therefore, you use the attribute rel=”nofollow” in your HTML code to tell the search engine
not to follow this link and discard it when evaluating the website. You can type this code in any text
editor, such as TextEdit or Notepad, and save it as an HTML file.

So i should use nofollow to all my links to improve my website SEO ?
Why this nofollow is so important ? :)

Yes, don't be afraid of using nofollow links, is natural to do so. They still carry some value, but they are nowhere near dofollow links. Honestly just build backlinks, don't bash your head if some links are nofollow.
Latest Thanks - View all

LoveHQ(2014-07-01 03:28 PM) 
2014-06-30, 07:46 PM,
I read somewhere that it's also good becouse, eventhough they have lesser SEO impact that do-follow links, they are good becouse they add some "reality" in your backlinks to google eyes, since that if you only add do-follow links it would be too obvius you're using blackhat power to rank and you'd get penalized faster.

I'd say a good mix is the way to go (more do-follows links though)