Questionable
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Religion - Death & Killing 'Non-Believers'
2014-04-29, 02:06 PM,
Hey guys,

I'm curious what you opinion regarding what things such as the Bible and Quran state which is killing those which do not believe in that specific religion.

Can you really justify the killing of a non-believer in the name of a 'god' - additionally, radicals kill others over religion, do you believe that religion plays a large role for many of the war crimes and killing across the world in our modern society today?

Personally, I'm an athiest and don't believe in any religion or 'god' and I feel religion was the cause for a large portion of deaths across the world since the establishment of such.
Latest Thanks - View all

LB'Decoy(2014-05-03 05:56 AM) typhone(2014-04-29 08:05 PM) 
2014-04-29, 02:09 PM,
Whilst I of course do not feel it's right in any way what so ever, I feel that the world is a BIG place and has so many different types of life. If you look at the different laws and punishments in some countries it's no wonder why there are so many radical views in regards to religion as well.
2014-04-29, 02:10 PM,
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2014-04-29 02:11 PM) 
2014-04-29, 02:13 PM,
(2014-04-29, 02:10 PM)Crusader Wrote: A good video.

/watch?v=4hEcRwCDBhc

Thanks, interesting as well that the term "what is twerking " is searched more so than "who is god". The guy is right though in regards to the latter being more important than such terms.
2014-04-29, 02:16 PM,
I would say this one needs to be shared :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esm7E9YfBIw
Latest Thanks - View all

rajawi(2014-05-03 08:53 PM)  HawkEye(2014-04-29 02:16 PM) 
2014-04-29, 02:43 PM,

/watch?v=4hEcRwCDBhc

Well, I watched the video.

He states that he believes in a creator being the cause for our existence and proceeds on stating how everyone will claim the creator needs a cause for his existence, therefore needing him to exist without a beginning and no cause deeming him 'external'.

He claims that he's not bound by his own creation and that he's "one" which "makes the most sense" and would also "avoid any potential conflict with two disputing gods or powerful gods with conflicting interests". After that, he proceeds to say that we don't know which god he is and questions if he's Zeus, Thor or Yahweh etc and if we agree with everything he has stated up until that point, we will realise that 'each of these gods don't fit established criteria for who god is'.

The 'criteria' for god is the following: Independent, eternal, uncreated requiring no cause for himself yet being the absolute cause and creator for everything else.

Allah he said. A 'simple definition of god which is logical and rational'. There's nothing like him, he's flawless, in control of everything where nothing can harm us unless he wills it, he's the all knowing, all hearing and all seeing.

Now, he's going to attempt to contradict those like myself who claim basing the 'logic' of your argument on the very existence of a book composed by those who established it in the first place is not very logical, in my opinion.

He said 'over 14000 years ago, from a direct revelation from god to the final prophet Muhammad, and was sent from eloquent piece of literature before man kind where the best of poets were left speechless and a loss for words'

Personally, I don't think the authenticity can be 100% proven, of course which leaves me with a sense of doubt.

Additionally, we're supposedly being tested on earth, yet I can't see why this 'god' would start creating conscious human beings for us to be tested and punished if we don't believe or do something which is wrong according to a book. I just don't see the point which again just makes me wonder if he really did exist, what's the point of that as well.

Unfortunately, I have my doubts and would question many religious texts.
Latest Thanks - View all

dice(2014-05-03 07:52 AM) 
2014-04-29, 03:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 2014-04-29, 03:09 PM by cpvast.)
I don't approve of killing those whose beliefs are different from yours. We are all different individuals. As long as no one is hurting anyone, we have to accept and respect our differences.

As for the poll question, I think I'm religious in a way. I pray and I believe in God. But I don't go to church regularly and I don't believe everything I've read in the Bible.
Latest Thanks - View all

ℛᴏʏᴀʟ ɢs(2014-04-29 03:11 PM) 
2014-04-29, 03:14 PM,
(2014-04-29, 03:09 PM)cpvast Wrote: I don't approve of killing those whose beliefs are different from yours. We are all different individuals. As long as no one is hurting anyone, we have to accept and respect our differences.

As for the poll question, I think I'm religious in a way. I pray and I believe in God. But I don't go to church regularly and I don't believe everything I've read in the Bible.

I've heard many Christians state that you can't pick and choose what you believe and if you believe in God, you should believe his word being the Holy Bible regardless if you couldn't imagine parts or your morals stand in the way.

I've also heard them say that your morals come from the Bible, although if it stated kill those who don't believe, you wouldn't do it therefore your morals don't all come from the Bible alone.
2014-04-29, 03:17 PM,
(2014-04-29, 02:43 PM)BaD SpY Wrote:

/watch?v=4hEcRwCDBhc

Well, I watched the video.

He states that he believes in a creator being the cause for our existence and proceeds on stating how everyone will claim the creator needs a cause for his existence, therefore needing him to exist without a beginning and no cause deeming him 'external'.

He claims that he's not bound by his own creation and that he's "one" which "makes the most sense" and would also "avoid any potential conflict with two disputing gods or powerful gods with conflicting interests". After that, he proceeds to say that we don't know which god he is and questions if he's Zeus, Thor or Yahweh etc and if we agree with everything he has stated up until that point, we will realise that 'each of these gods don't fit established criteria for who god is'.

The 'criteria' for god is the following: Independent, eternal, uncreated requiring no cause for himself yet being the absolute cause and creator for everything else.

Allah he said. A 'simple definition of god which is logical and rational'. There's nothing like him, he's flawless, in control of everything where nothing can harm us unless he wills it, he's the all knowing, all hearing and all seeing.

Now, he's going to attempt to contradict those like myself who claim basing the 'logic' of your argument on the very existence of a book composed by those who established it in the first place is not very logical, in my opinion.

He said 'over 14000 years ago, from a direct revelation from god to the final prophet Muhammad, and was sent from eloquent piece of literature before man kind where the best of poets were left speechless and a loss for words'

Personally, I don't think the authenticity can be 100% proven, of course which leaves me with a sense of doubt.

Additionally, we're supposedly being tested on earth, yet I can't see why this 'god' would start creating conscious human beings for us to be tested and punished if we don't believe or do something which is wrong according to a book. I just don't see the point which again just makes me wonder if he really did exist, what's the point of that as well.

Unfortunately, I have my doubts and would question many religious texts.

I was like you too before,the thing i did is i read the quran and the life of the prophet muhammad(Peace and Blessings be upon him).It has all the answers u are looking for.
2014-04-29, 04:53 PM,
(2014-04-29, 03:14 PM)BaD SpY Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 03:09 PM)cpvast Wrote: I don't approve of killing those whose beliefs are different from yours. We are all different individuals. As long as no one is hurting anyone, we have to accept and respect our differences.

I've heard many Christians state that you can't pick and choose what you believe and if you believe in God, you should believe his word being the Holy Bible regardless if you couldn't imagine parts or your morals stand in the way.

I've also heard them say that your morals come from the Bible, although if it stated kill those who don't believe, you wouldn't do it therefore your morals don't all come from the Bible alone.

I'm a Christian and I don't care about those kinds of Christians. If they question my faith, then that's their problem, not mine. I believe in God and I don't step on anyone's toes. To me that's what's important.

I don't take everything I read in the Bible literally. For example, according to the Bible, God said, "Go forth and multiply." Many are using that as an excuse to bear many children whom they cannot support. They can't even provide the basic needs of their kids, like shelter, food, education.
Latest Thanks - View all

ℛᴏʏᴀʟ ɢs(2014-04-29 04:54 PM) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CCTV Footage US Tourist beaten to death in Greek Island offer494 3 207 2017-07-13, 01:09 AM
Last Post: lizha11
  Police officer acquitted of Philando Castile killing JustPlainLucas 6 254 2017-06-19, 08:02 AM
Last Post: biocryol77
  Man Sentenced to Death in Saudi Arabia for Being Atheist holkapolka 6 375 2017-05-02, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Dowls
  Is there life after death? HawkEye 65 3,923 2015-10-05, 03:09 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  Overthinking Is Killing You: Science Confirms You Need To Get Out Of Your Head DutchPride 20 1,140 2015-06-30, 09:49 PM
Last Post: dosj24

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top