Registering a Domain, Fake Address?
2015-04-28, 11:55 PM,
Hey,

If i set up a domain (for example at one.com 'cause it's free for 1 year), is it okay to put in a fake address instead of using a whois guard?
2015-04-29, 01:34 AM,
I have couple of domains with fake address I never had any problem till now.
2015-04-29, 02:35 AM,
one.com is such a shit registrar and host. I registered a tester domain there and their control panel is so buggy and slow i just gave up.
2015-04-29, 03:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 2015-04-29, 03:37 AM by TheWolf.)
(2015-04-29, 01:34 AM)Jayzzz Wrote: I have couple of domains with modified address I never had any problem till now.

Same here. I have two godaddy domains with fake address. I never faced any problems yet

----
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
2015-05-06, 02:43 AM,
Thanks guys! Just registered a Godaddy domain.
2015-05-06, 02:51 AM,
namecheap , keep all my domains there. Never had any issues
2015-05-06, 02:56 AM,
Just use WhoisGuard ($2-3 annually) and don't worry, no one's gonna come at your house to kill you for owning a domain.
2015-05-06, 08:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 2015-05-06, 08:03 PM by LeadHunter.)
So.. if I now want to log in to my Godaddy Account.. what now? Confused :

To ensure your security, access to shopper account XXXXXXXXX has been temporarily disabled until our Verification Office has received the necessary documentation to confirm recent account activity. This precautionary step is taken as a security measure to defend you, our valued customer, from online predators and identity theft. Upon receipt of the requested documentation, we will re-evaluate the status of your account. Notifications, including confirmation that your access has been restored, will be sent to the email address on file.

Please Note: Customer Support cannot bypass this verification request. Phone inquiries will be directed to provide the requested documentation through this process.

Your information is safe with us! Your documentation will be safely delivered directly to our fraud prevention experts, handled in a secure environment. Documentation must be submitted using the file upload control below.
Examples of required documentation include:

Required identification documentation

Current Government-Issued Identification for Payment Method Owner
Identification must be current and include both full name and photo
Have you used multiple payment methods? You can speed up the process by providing the requested documentation for other payment methods used in your account.

The following identification documents may also be requested

Statement from your financial institution
Statement should show the original purchase and subsequent refund, if applicable.
For your privacy, you may mark out all but the last four digits of your account number as well as any transactions with other companies.
Debit/Credit Card
Front and back images of the card.
To preserve the integrity of your payment information, please mark out the three/four digit security code and all but the last four digits of the card number. The name line and last four digits of the card number must be visible.

I paid with my credit card, so I am the payment owner. I think it's very unsafe to send my Government-Issued Identification to them when they realize the address for the registered domain is actually fake.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should i buy 1 domain for each sub-niche or 1 domain for the same niche? kazurengan 5 154 2017-12-12, 09:02 AM
Last Post: CheersFile
  DMCA for domain naathanz 15 968 2017-11-14, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Aboutmoney
  Offshore domain name registar for blackhat niche Christopher 4 237 2017-10-27, 11:22 PM
Last Post: KentVMason
  [Help] How could I make some fake proof like this? (With website refresh etc.) Murker 1 164 2017-10-21, 10:45 PM
Last Post: sudipda
  Expired Domain Question martek 1 113 2017-10-19, 11:54 PM
Last Post: krmr

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top