Re define search button
2014-12-17, 08:44 AM,
Ok this is more bug report but as the same time suggestion! :D

Ok, we have option to change our usernames and the problem with that is this:

If somebody want to find some thread/post from particular member, and that member changed his username other person can't find him.

I tried to search for some members who changed their name and I couldn't find them.
For example ( sorry Zeus :D ) i wanted to test it with Mod: MrZeus

His nick name now is MrZeus and if you type his username in the search button you will find all of his posts and threads, but if you type in his old name: Zeus™

You will not get anything.

This is kinda good and for another example, if somebody scam other people here on forum and that person changes his name to something else, he can't be found with out spamming Hawk or somebody else.
Latest Thanks - View all

MrZeus(2014-12-17 02:20 PM) 

Skype/Mail me for approving and join us on link below! SKYPE: nem.mgcash MAIL: nemanja@mgcash.com

[Image: Il4ZQYz.png]
2014-12-17, 12:18 PM,
Nice suggestion.. Hope they hear you out..
2014-12-17, 02:16 PM,
(2014-12-17, 08:44 AM)Hypnotick Wrote: Ok this is more bug report but as the same time suggestion! :D

Ok, we have option to change our usernames and the problem with that is this:

If somebody want to find some thread/post from particular member, and that member changed his username other person can't find him.

I tried to search for some members who changed their name and I couldn't find them.
For example ( sorry Zeus :D ) i wanted to test it with Mod: MrZeus

His nick name now is MrZeus and if you type his username in the search button you will find all of his posts and threads, but if you type in his old name: Zeus™

You will not get anything.

This is kinda good and for another example, if somebody sc@m other people here on forum and that person changes his name to something else, he can't be found with out spamming Hawk or somebody else.

I agree that the search system on Mybb is pants (overall), I'll have to look into this one as it's not an easy take trust me. I'll first weigh up the pros/cons and then use logic and see what makes sense. I'll keep you posted over the next week or so regarding this, right now I'm working on some big updates along with some other stuff too.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Report button in PM ★★★ BotMan ★★★ 5 362 2017-06-09, 02:59 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  [Suggestion] Improve search function AdludumIbrahim 2 508 2017-02-15, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Verilog
  suggestion Refresh Button Bender 3 529 2015-03-06, 05:34 PM
  (DENIED) [Suggestion] Image url while quoting using quote button. neverstop 7 549 2015-02-17, 10:44 PM

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top