CPAElites 2021 is coming! Finally! No more excuses! - Please click [here] to read more!

Question about DMCA complaints
2020-11-05, 04:43 PM,
Hi guys,

So, some time ago my website got shut down because of a DMCA complaint.

And I was wondering if creating the respective company logo in Photoshop (maybe with some small modifications) would avoid that in the future. (because the logos would be similar but not identic.

I didn't find any clear answer on Google but I'm sure some of you have it.

Thank you!
2020-11-05, 05:48 PM,
(2020-11-05, 04:43 PM)kderow Wrote: Hi guys,

So, some time ago my website got shut down because of a DMCA complaint.

And I was wondering if creating the respective company logo in Photoshop (maybe with some small modifications) would avoid that in the future. (because the logos would be similar but not identic.

I didn't find any clear answer on Google but I'm sure some of you have it.

Thank you!

its not going to work as long its to similiar ..... And remember not only logo/images are copyright ... Names/brand sounds everything
2020-12-25, 07:23 AM,
No that would be copyright & trademark infringement.

If you create a variation of a logo with the intent to operate in the same industry or draw off the name/goodwill/brand recognition of another company, you open yourself to lawsuits.

The only exception is in the case of parodies - but that only covers small, mostly non-commercial uses. I've yet to see that be used successfully to defend a trademark logo infringement.