PlayDrone Reveals Secret Keys from Thousands of Play Store Android Apps
2014-06-19, 11:51 PM,
[Image: android-apps-secret-keys-hacking.jpg]

Code:
Google's Android Mobile operating system for smartphones and tablets have Google's own Play Store that provides its Android users the most visible way to access the world of millions of apps.
App developers produce more than thousands of applications each year, but majority of newbie and unprofessional developers use unsafe, unreliable, and insecure coding practices, as many developers store secret keys in their apps that could potentially allow cybercriminals to get users’ sensitive data.
A team of researchers from the computer science department of the Columbia University have discovered a critical security problem in the Google’s official Android app store from where millions of Android users download various apps.
Researchers have found that most of the Android application developers often store their secret keys in their app's code, similar to usernames/passwords information, which could be then used by any bad actor to maliciously get users’ information or resources from the service providers such as Amazon and Facebook.

READ MORE

Any questions related to CPA belong here.
Before posting, make sure you are in the correct section.

I am temporarily absent due to family circumstances.

2014-06-20, 12:41 AM,
Dayum, we must be careful!
2014-06-20, 01:04 AM,
This is why I am downloading only apps that are ultra-necessary...
2014-06-21, 11:42 PM,
That's why i always loved iPhone & Appstore apps,
Apple don't play with this, they review each app and don't let low quality/suspicious apps on the App Store,
on google play you can find a lot of Malware's hidden in some games, fake anti viruses...

[Image: rlPAHxd.gif]
2014-06-22, 09:00 PM,
(2014-06-21, 11:42 PM)BOOBA Wrote: That's why i always loved iPhone & Appstore apps,
Apple don't play with this, they review each app and don't let low quality/suspicious apps on the App Store,
on google play you can find a lot of Malware's hidden in some games, fake anti viruses...

Dont be certain on that, I'm sure apple is involved in this aswell.

Any questions related to CPA belong here.
Before posting, make sure you are in the correct section.

I am temporarily absent due to family circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you play lottery? AlifDomain 16 421 2017-12-07, 10:15 PM
Last Post: callieseye
  How many of you play CHESS holkapolka 16 492 2017-11-24, 12:02 AM
Last Post: JustPlainLucas
  iOS or Android? santa11 8 429 2017-06-07, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Logic420
  Which games do you play when you need break from IM? midastou4 20 668 2017-05-26, 01:59 PM
Last Post: ViniAlpha
  Creating an iOS + Android app for my community! RockstarSEO 14 807 2017-03-22, 02:50 AM
Last Post: pingsai

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top