New Suggestion about Bans
2014-12-23, 06:49 PM,
Hello

How about a possiblity to give yourself a ban. A slef-ban would allow us to study for exams, of get stuff done in general.

This option could be allowed to be done by VIP, or if you wish so, even by regular members.

Sincerely
Rational.

Need to translate something to French? CLICK HERE!

2014-12-23, 06:54 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-23, 06:58 PM by MrZeus.)
I don't really agree on that one, if you really wanna study then you would study, getting your account banned on CPAElites won't really make you 'study' or do other stuff. And you also have to keep in mind that, if someone somehow gets your account here, that means he can 'self-ban' your account and you'll have to contact staff members, Hawk and you'll have to provide proofs etc which is pretty troublesome.

Edit: And you should think what are you gonna do after you self-ban your account. How are you gonna get it unbanned? If you're gonna contact Hawk then, think if 100 members self-banned their accounts, means 100 members gonna be spamming Hawk to get their accounts unbanned and that'd also be troublesome for him.

Make sure to read the forum rules: here

Please leave a reply and keep my threads alive for others to find and benefit from. Don't just leave a thanks because others need help too.
2014-12-23, 08:58 PM,
There is no meaning in getting your account banned, if you don't wanna use CPAElites for sometime just don't login.
Its simple.
/Closed
Latest Thanks - View all

Philippines(2014-12-23 09:04 PM) 
2014-12-23, 09:04 PM,
(2014-12-23, 06:54 PM)MrZeus Wrote: I don't really agree on that one, if you really wanna study then you would study, getting your account banned on CPAElites won't really make you 'study' or do other stuff. And you also have to keep in mind that, if someone somehow gets your account here, that means he can 'self-ban' your account and you'll have to contact staff members, Hawk and you'll have to provide proofs etc which is pretty troublesome.

Edit: And you should think what are you gonna do after you self-ban your account. How are you gonna get it unbanned? If you're gonna contact Hawk then, think if 100 members self-banned their accounts, means 100 members gonna be spamming Hawk to get their accounts unbanned and that'd also be troublesome for him.

(2014-12-23, 08:58 PM)Verilog Wrote: There is no meaning in getting your account banned, if you don't wanna use CPAElites for sometime just don't login.
Its simple.
/Closed

Guys, I can actually see why this could come in handy for some users. The idea behind this is related to anyone in collage with exams and stuff like that which makes sense that they may need to prevent themselves from accessing certain places online, I myself have problems sometimes trying to stay away from certain sites when I'm meant to be working.
Latest Thanks - View all

Philippines(2014-12-23 09:07 PM) 
2014-12-23, 09:05 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-23, 09:08 PM by 1MShark.)
There are plugins that block certain websites. I cannot think of them off the top of my head though.

EDIT: After a simple google search, i found this plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...foji?hl=en
Latest Thanks - View all

Philippines(2014-12-23 09:07 PM) 

signature
2014-12-23, 09:51 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-23, 09:57 PM by Rational.)
(2014-12-23, 09:05 PM)MrSharkBait911 Wrote: There are plugins that block certain websites. I cannot think of them off the top of my head though.

EDIT: After a simple google search, i found this plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...foji?hl=en
This works for a PC chrome, how about the other users that use other web browsers? And how about those who use smartphones?

Also, by using such plugin, you can always unblock a website, but a ban won't be taken away till the expiration date, which means even if you have a smallest temptation to unlock smthg, you won't be able, which is more effective.

(2014-12-23, 09:04 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Guys, I can actually see why this could come in handy for some users. The idea behind this is related to anyone in collage with exams and stuff like that which makes sense that they may need to prevent themselves from accessing certain places online, I myself have problems sometimes trying to stay away from certain sites when I'm meant to be working.

That's exactly why I want to implement this.

(2014-12-23, 06:54 PM)MrZeus Wrote: Edit: And you should think what are you gonna do after you self-ban your account. How are you gonna get it unbanned? If you're gonna contact Hawk then, think if 100 members self-banned their accounts, means 100 members gonna be spamming Hawk to get their accounts unbanned and that'd also be troublesome for him.

How about a ban with an expiration date? Say you ban yourself for a week, and then you just wait.
Latest Thanks - View all

1MShark(2014-12-23 09:53 PM) 

Sincerely
Rational.

2014-12-23, 10:10 PM,
How about simply using a simple firewall app or software which blocks certain websites. If you do self ban you will need this kind of similar action in other sites also. A very simple way is editing your system32 file. I found this if you want to have a look you can http://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Specific-...t-Software
2014-12-23, 10:12 PM,
(2014-12-23, 10:10 PM)neverstop Wrote: How about simply using a simple firewall app or software which blocks certain websites. If you do self ban you will need this kind of similar action in other sites also. A very simple way is editing your system32 file. I found this if you want to have a look you can http:///Block-a-Specific-Website-Without-Software

Is this going to work with Macintosh? And with windowsphone?

Sincerely
Rational.

2014-12-23, 10:26 PM,
(2014-12-23, 10:12 PM)Rational Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 10:10 PM)neverstop Wrote: How about simply using a simple firewall app or software which blocks certain websites. If you do self ban you will need this kind of similar action in other sites also. A very simple way is editing your system32 file. I found this if you want to have a look you can http:///Block-a-Specific-Website-Without-Software

Is this going to work with Macintosh? And with windowsphone?

Oh I dont think so.
For Mac users :
http://selfcontrolapp.com/
Windows Phone:
I can't find a way out sorry.
Google search may help.
Note: Use at your risk and control. I am not related to any of the links at any case
2014-12-23, 10:30 PM,
It is very simple to get a ban,just write a few shitty replies and for a month you'll have no worries :)

Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Suggestion] Convert link to page title for internal links Uncle 5 404 2017-07-13, 09:41 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  [Suggestion] Reactions buttons chowdary 1 108 2017-06-28, 03:16 PM
Last Post: HawkEye
  [Suggestion] Improve search function AdludumIbrahim 2 509 2017-02-15, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Verilog
  [Suggestion] Ability to add Skype handle to your profile AdludumIbrahim 2 342 2017-01-20, 10:39 PM
  [Suggestion] Tag feature Spiderman 2 998 2016-07-13, 08:56 PM

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top