Need help creating my site from WordPress
2015-02-07, 12:40 AM,
So wordpress is awesome. Really, I know most of you agree. And maybe it's supposed to be easy to understand it, but really I get lost in all the things I need to learn before even coming close to understanding stuff.
I have a website which is nice, but it's not what I want it to be. Instead of building everything from scratch, which I can't do, I installed WP and now I wanna edit it. Thing is, most of the themes cost money to actually access all of their features.
So I found a nice theme, I did everything I CAN do, but it's not enough. It has all these little bugs that drive me mad. So I installed Firebug and used Inspect Element to look for the things I wanna edit. I find them, I access them using Notepad++ and I just don't know how to edit the text itself. It says it's in the Style.css file, and when I go there, to that specific line, the text that is written isn't their. I think that's because Inspect Element shows it in HTML and not CSS.
Anyway, I feel like I'm getting lost in a world of code and all of my needs are probably easy to be done. Can anyone please help me edit my site by answering my specific questions on Skype?
Add me if you're willing to help, I'd be very thankful: dbeilin1307

Thanks in advance :)
2015-02-07, 01:07 AM,
(2015-02-07, 12:40 AM)Big Chief Wrote: So wordpress is awesome. Really, I know most of you agree. And maybe it's supposed to be easy to understand it, but really I get lost in all the things I need to learn before even coming close to understanding stuff.
I have a website which is nice, but it's not what I want it to be. Instead of building everything from scratch, which I can't do, I installed WP and now I wanna edit it. Thing is, most of the themes cost money to actually access all of their features.
So I found a nice theme, I did everything I CAN do, but it's not enough. It has all these little bugs that drive me mad. So I installed Firebug and used Inspect Element to look for the things I wanna edit. I find them, I access them using Notepad++ and I just don't know how to edit the text itself. It says it's in the Style.css file, and when I go there, to that specific line, the text that is written isn't their. I think that's because Inspect Element shows it in HTML and not CSS.
Anyway, I feel like I'm getting lost in a world of code and all of my needs are probably easy to be done. Can anyone please help me edit my site by answering my specific questions on Skype?

The wordpress is written in php you will need to edit in php try editing in appearance >editor
2015-02-07, 01:19 AM,
(2015-02-07, 01:07 AM)neverstop Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 12:40 AM)Big Chief Wrote: So wordpress is awesome. Really, I know most of you agree. And maybe it's supposed to be easy to understand it, but really I get lost in all the things I need to learn before even coming close to understanding stuff.

The wordpress is written in php you will need to edit in php try editing in appearance >editor
Yeah it's the same as in Style.css.
2015-02-07, 01:25 AM,
(2015-02-07, 01:19 AM)Big Chief Wrote:

Style.css is there also bro try there.
2015-02-07, 01:41 AM,
(2015-02-07, 01:25 AM)neverstop Wrote:

Whats the name of the php file?
2015-02-07, 01:45 AM,
(2015-02-07, 01:41 AM)Big Chief Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 01:25 AM)neverstop Wrote:

Whats the name of the php file?

in your wordpress dashboard go to appearance>editor> in the buttom right there is style.css
2015-02-11, 01:23 AM,
if you need further help , let me know!
I can help you in any case...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a loading progress bar for wordpress! YoungArt 6 275 2017-08-26, 06:01 PM
Last Post: YoungArt
  ANNOUNCEMENT How To Protect And Secure Your WordPress Websites For Free [HawkEye Guide] HawkEye 22 6,189 2017-07-03, 03:45 AM
Last Post: alexoron
  [HELP NEEDED] Embedding P*rn videos to my adult WordPress Site nudes 15 1,979 2017-06-16, 02:09 PM
Last Post: tropicallad
  Work on Wordpress with hosting only Leo 4 806 2016-12-19, 01:20 AM
Last Post: ArtoAllan
  Choosing the right wordpress theme kalekoppen 10 2,292 2016-11-19, 05:15 AM
Last Post: $chestofloot$

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top