[Need] Good Board for launching several Forum projects
2014-03-14, 04:21 PM,
Hello guys,

I love the functions/possibilities with this board here so I started searching for the BBboard to get it for some non-profit projects in the internet. I realized that I have to pay for this board and concerning the fact that I don't have much money I hope that you have experiences with good, useful (AND SAFE) free Boards which are still under continuous development process so that it's being able to be updated with security fix after a Backdoor has been found in the code.

They just have to be kinda similar to this board here - With user awards, postcount, activity feed, alerts and user profiles/avatars/ranks...

I have tried phpbb but this seems to be rarely being developed...

Do you have other solutions for me? Languange don't have to be German. English is also useful for my projects.

Thanks in Advance - NorteX
2014-03-15, 05:06 PM,
In my opinion MyBB is the best of the free ones, also MyBB 1.8 is under beta right now imo. It's the easiest one to add mods as you would like, also themes and such. :)
Latest Thanks - View all

NorteX(2014-03-16 11:03 PM) 
2014-03-15, 05:07 PM,
I suggest you to buy vBulletin, it's very user friendly, and if you don't want to pay then MyBB is the best.
Latest Thanks - View all

NorteX(2014-03-16 11:03 PM) Blog2Show(2014-03-15 05:26 PM) 
2014-03-15, 05:08 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-15, 05:26 PM by Blog2Show.)
If you wanna pay then IPB/Vbulletin will be good

IF you don't wanna pay & wanna install & everything for free then
Yeah phpBB is just a trash one

I'll also go with MyBB it's much way better mate!
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-03-15, 06:17 PM,
If you are looking to buy then vBulletin is best else you can try MyBB (also used by this forum).
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-03-15, 06:23 PM,
Mybb is great and allows a lot of freedom, but, you need to implement a LOT of modifications to make it function like this forum. You would not believe me if I told you how many things are going on in the background code and such. Lastly, I assume this project is not related to a money making forum, if it is that would be against the rules on here and you would not be allowed to discuss / advertise it.

Just a heads up for you!
Latest Thanks - View all

2014-03-15, 06:34 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-15, 06:34 PM by Peakfire.)
I've experienced MyBB in the past, it's a great board software and has a big community. There are many great plugins and custom themes. Some features do require some coding, but most of the coding parts can be Googled.
Latest Thanks - View all

NorteX(2014-03-16 11:03 PM) Blog2Show(2014-03-16 04:12 PM) 

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried"

My VIP Shares:
How to stop Chrome from blocking PPI installers
How to make advanced, custom messageboxes that match your theme in VB.

PM ME FOR A 99% OFF DISCOUNT ON HOSTWINDS
2014-03-16, 11:03 PM,
Thanks to all of you for the great advices. I searched for good themes and realized, that e.g. phpBB has good themes on themeforest to sell:

For example the "Themeforest phpBB design FLATO" is amazing (google it please, not allowed to post link here)

You mentioned MyBB - I googled it and think this could be useful even that it is used here is a good sign for me that it is SEO friendly right?
Are there also good responsive designs on the market? themeforest says "0 results" :(

But is there also a "share function" included? To share topics on facebook/twitter and so on?

(2014-03-15, 06:23 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Mybb is great and allows a lot of freedom, but, you need to implement a LOT of modifications to make it function like this forum. You would not believe me if I told you how many things are going on in the background code and such. Lastly, I assume this project is not related to a money making forum, if it is that would be against the rules on here and you would not be allowed to discuss / advertise it.

Just a heads up for you!

Thanks a lot! What exactly do you mean by "against the rules" - You have made "Donation Awards" - that would be legal by using MyBB? In general, this is also a method of making money not? I plan to implement some google adsense content on the board if it runs after a while - would this be against the rules? And your idea of a Donation Awards is also really good to finance the forum for the future, so perhaps I would also implement that...don't exactly know what people mean if they say "for non commercial use only" because implementing Adverts or Donation function might be exactly what they mean with "commercial use" not?

Hopefully you got what I wanted to explain :D I really take effort on writing good english - sometimes I fail with that ^^
2014-03-16, 11:07 PM,
(2014-03-16, 11:03 PM)NorteX Wrote: Thanks to all of you for the great advices. I searched for good themes and realized, that e.g. phpBB has good themes on themeforest to sell:

For example the "Themeforest phpBB design FLATO" is amazing (google it please, not allowed to post link here)

You mentioned MyBB - I googled it and think this could be useful even that it is used here is a good sign for me that it is SEO friendly right?
Are there also good responsive designs on the market? themeforest says "0 results" :(

But is there also a "share function" included? To share topics on facebook/twitter and so on?

(2014-03-15, 06:23 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Mybb is great and allows a lot of freedom, but, you need to implement a LOT of modifications to make it function like this forum. You would not believe me if I told you how many things are going on in the background code and such. Lastly, I assume this project is not related to a money making forum, if it is that would be against the rules on here and you would not be allowed to discuss / advertise it.

Just a heads up for you!

Thanks a lot! What exactly do you mean by "against the rules" - You have made "Donation Awards" - that would be legal by using MyBB? In general, this is also a method of making money not? I plan to implement some google adsense content on the board if it runs after a while - would this be against the rules? And your idea of a Donation Awards is also really good to finance the forum for the future, so perhaps I would also implement that...don't exactly know what people mean if they say "for non commercial use only" because implementing Adverts or Donation function might be exactly what they mean with "commercial use" not?

Hopefully you got what I wanted to explain :D I really take effort on writing good english - sometimes I fail with that ^^

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the rules on this forum. Just giving you the heads up that you wont be able to discuss / advertise your forum here if it's related to (CPA/Making money online)
Latest Thanks - View all

NorteX(2014-03-18 12:02 AM) 
2014-03-18, 12:03 AM,
Understood - okay thanks :) Its just a Forum for an APP - no CPA behind it :) Do you know where to get any responsive Design for MyBB?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is There Any Good and Reliable IP Tracking Software? wilhb81 5 517 2017-05-02, 12:51 PM
Last Post: wilhb81
  Good hosting for MyBB? 4eller 0 365 2017-04-14, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 4eller
  How long does it take for you to make good LPs? Vrasquedrach 10 1,942 2016-07-28, 12:38 AM
Last Post: StSignal
  Tutorial on creating a forum justformasti 11 1,832 2016-06-18, 08:06 AM
Last Post: playfreakz
  Got a good idea for a small app/website? I am Groot 0 817 2016-01-27, 05:01 AM
Last Post: I am Groot

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top