My Fan Website Turned Out Big. How to Monetize it?
2016-10-03, 02:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 2016-10-03, 02:40 AM by spiritfly.)
Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted here, but I'm a seasoned lurker lol.

So I was working on a fan website about a very popular supercell game. A friend of mine were writing big posts about the game and this website turned out big and started receiving good amount of traffic because he was writing reallly good posts. He really is a great fan of the game so his posts are interesting to the readers. I also hired a writer and paid a good sum to write decent articles on there, so I'd say my investment in this website is big right now and I have to make a return from it.

Well since it started receiving a good amount of traffic and it isn't monetized in any way I was thinking about doing something with it so it doesn't go waste. I have a few possibilities in mind, but I'd like to hear multiple opinions.

1. I could just post a hack-generator page and add a big red sitewide button pointing to it so every visitor sees it and hopefully tries it out. This would surely be the most profitable way of monetizing it and I'm sure the conversion will be really high since my site is authority and trustable. But I'm worried about promoting a hack to the "wrong" kind of people. I mean think about it. These people were NOT looking for a hack or a way to get free gems. They were genuinely looking for information about the game like a strategy or whatever. So there could be really savvy and serious people in this group unlike the ones who look for a hack and believe it when they see it. If for some reason they aren't satisfied by your hack, they could go over to supercell forums and post about it or whatever and pursue the website. So this is the only reason that is stopping me right now from not monetizing it this way. Otherwise I would've done that months ago and I was surely going to get a decent amount of profit till now lol.

2. Tried adsense, didn't work. WAY TOO FEW clicks, totally not worth it.

3. Thinking about adding a few apps that let users download apps through them and get points in return which then they can convert to gems. I saw a few legit websites doing this for clash of clans and similar games, so I thought this might be the way to go, but I doubt this would bring even remotely close profit like adding a hack. It could turn out worse than adsense, but who knows..

4. I could just link out to a different "hack website" of mine in the same niche and use this legit website as a backlink, but again it won't be used rationally. A whole website with hundreds of posts and daily traffic for a single backlink seems ridiculous :)

I'd love to hear your opinions and tell me whether you would go ahead, post a hack on that website and don't care what happens or you would use it more wisely. After all it's really hard to build a website like this just so I can have it reported to supercell and taken away from me for a few days or weeks of profit. It may turn out as a great investment nevertheless, but for short term only. And I'm interested more in long-term investments :)
2016-10-03, 02:47 AM,
Wow, even i am not able to figure it out yet. Your right that these people know everything about the game, so they are mostly those who say "This is fake", "bullshit", "doesn't work" ....

One way i can think of is - Post a video proof, and ask their opinions on how the hacker is doing it! You could come up with a story that you found this out somewhere and maybe tell them that i heard from my friends that this is working for some but also not working for some... Smile Don't be the owner of the stuff, just be a reviewer.
Latest Thanks - View all

lordscarlos(2016-10-03 10:26 PM) spiritfly(2016-10-03 03:18 AM) 
2016-10-03, 03:21 AM,
(2016-10-03, 02:47 AM)paradise Wrote: Wow, even i am not able to figure it out yet. Your right that these people know everything about the game, so they are mostly those who say "This is fake", "bullshit", "doesn't work" ....

One way i can think of is - Post a video proof, and ask their opinions on how the hacker is doing it! You could come up with a story that you found this out somewhere and maybe tell them that i heard from my friends that this is working for some but also not working for some... Smile Don't be the owner of the stuff, just be a reviewer.

That's a great way of doing it. Actually it's how I was building my past sites most of the time :) It will result in a lesser conversion than saying the hack works and we developed it from an authority site, but at least it will be safe and should work long term or at least until someone from SCell contacts me to have it put down. Until then, ride on! :)

Thanks for the great advice buddy, I think it's the only way to go about it! Cheers!
2016-10-03, 04:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 2016-10-03, 05:03 AM by Quobi.)
You don't actually have to use a "hack niche". Just try to figure it out what people would love about that game and create a giveaway for it on the website.
Make it realistic by saying you are in partnership with someone else, such as the devs of the game, and to obtain that specific price from giveaway you just have to:

1 - Share on Social Media {Will make the giveaway viral and will increase the SEO}
2 - Complete one sruvey {For the best conversion, name it task, not survey so people won't get away hearing it}
3 - Add a modified button which will always tells you to complete a task first.

Is better and not that risky.
Latest Thanks - View all

spiritfly(2016-10-03 06:26 AM) 
2016-10-03, 06:28 AM,
(2016-10-03, 04:58 AM)Quobi Wrote: You don't actually have to use a "hack niche". Just try to figure it out what people would love about that game and create a giveaway for it on the website.
Make it realistic by saying you are in partnership with someone else, such as the devs of the game, and to obtain that specific price from giveaway you just have to:

1 - Share on Social Media {Will make the giveaway viral and will increase the SEO}
2 - Complete one sruvey {For the best conversion, name it task, not survey so people won't get away hearing it}
3 - Add a modified button which will always tells you to complete a task first.

Is better and not that risky.

Definitely a great idea! I haven't promoted a giveaway till now, but I know they worked great for iphones and stuff in the past so I have to try this one!
2016-10-03, 10:24 PM,
make sure you dont use any game hack niche or your page will get banned
2016-10-08, 01:31 AM,
I just wanted to report here that I've tried everything. I tried using an ad placement in the header of the theme to take the visitors to the giveaway page, but out of 300+ uniques per day I only received like one click(haven't earned anything). Then figured that they may be more interested in reading the article that they were looking for when they arrived, so I decided to put a popup so I can grab their attention. I found a really fancy paid popup plugin and made it VERY good looking with gems and stuff, but again the result is disappointing to say the least.. Around 14 visits to the giveaway page and 10 clicks on the offers per day. No earnings whatsoever. And that's from 300+ uniques per day, so quite disappointing and not worth it. I thought I was going to be able to convert better with an authoritative website. Please note my website is really professionally looking and the content published is engaging.

I have to find a different way of monetizing this website or at least use it for backlinks to a hack niche website. But I'm still not sure how to link from it to a hack niche website. I have to write an article that's for sure, but I guess the article has to be in a negative context like condemning the fake hack website so I don't burn my main website.

Do you guys have any ideas what to do with this website? I invested a lot in it and now I can't get a single cent back.. damn..
2016-10-12, 01:06 AM,
> a very popular supercell game

Dude, there are 3 supercell games in total, there is no risk in telling which game exactly lol.
2016-10-12, 01:53 AM,
(2016-10-08, 01:31 AM)spiritfly Wrote: I just wanted to report here that I've tried everything. I tried using an ad placement in the header of the theme to take the visitors to the giveaway page, but out of 300+ uniques per day I only received like one click(haven't earned anything). Then figured that they may be more interested in reading the article that they were looking for when they arrived, so I decided to put a popup so I can grab their attention. I found a really fancy paid popup plugin and made it VERY good looking with gems and stuff, but again the result is disappointing to say the least.. Around 14 visits to the giveaway page and 10 clicks on the offers per day. No earnings whatsoever. And that's from 300+ uniques per day, so quite disappointing and not worth it. I thought I was going to be able to convert better with an authoritative website. Please note my website is really professionally looking and the content published is engaging.

I have to find a different way of monetizing this website or at least use it for backlinks to a hack niche website. But I'm still not sure how to link from it to a hack niche website. I have to write an article that's for sure, but I guess the article has to be in a negative context like condemning the fake hack website so I don't burn my main website.

Do you guys have any ideas what to do with this website? I invested a lot in it and now I can't get a single cent back.. damn..

If your audience like you , you can try a teespring campaign and design some niche shirt , maybe you can have some sell , or other goodies like that . you can start to write article for some different game similar to Clash royale and give them a link to download the game , some network provide offer download for Game of war for example and depend of the network and incent or not you can be pay like 2$.
2016-10-12, 12:58 PM,
Do like this. Make blog/post on ur website (really useful tips which the user mite need for better gameplay) link lock the page and make it look like bot verificationand drop that link to the users. In that way, you are neither cheating them/ nor providing LQ content!!!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can scrape over 100k email perday from facebook, how can i monetize them? sujankhan 2 76 11 hours ago
Last Post: Aboutmoney
  building email list without a website Med Fd 9 270 2017-12-10, 11:04 PM
Last Post: chumban
  Review my Landing Page / Website YoungArt 8 404 2017-12-05, 04:40 AM
Last Post: EnChanter
  other way to monetize blog? urielD3 8 418 2017-11-28, 10:14 PM
Last Post: daddyoh
  which is best hosting for hacking niche website namecheap suspend my hosting vinit91 4 366 2017-11-02, 12:15 PM
Last Post: asadkhanp

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top