Must have Wordpress plugins to use (Guide)
2013-05-07, 10:42 PM,
Hi Guys

I wrote this guide quite some time ago on the Fileice forum, I will share it with you guys today on here.

Start off of course by adding your site to the search engines> http://www.submitstart.com/

Plugins

1. seo-slugs
Quote:The SEO Slugs WordPress plugin removes common words like 'a', 'the', 'in' from post slugs to improve search engine optimization.

For example, when you publish a post with a title like this:

"What You Can Do Immediately For Higher Rankings",

WordPress automatically assigns a long filename to your post, called a post slug:

/what-you-can-do-immediately-for-higher-rankings

SEO Slugs plugin strips common words like "what", "you" or "can" out of your post slug to make it more search engine friendly. With SEO Slugs plugin activated, the slug for our example blog post would look like this:

/immediately-higher-rankings

The slug is generated on saving a post (so you get a chance to look at it before publishing, and change it), or on publish. It won't overwrite an existing slug. You can force a new slug generation by deleting the existing one.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/seo-slugs/

2. Robots Meta
Quote:There's no easy way to add meta robots tags to WordPress pages, unless of course, when you install this plugin.

This plugin makes it possible (and very easy) to:

Prevent indexing of your search result pages, while still allowing the search engines to follow the links on them, by adding noindex,follow robots meta tags.
Disallow indexing of subpages to your homepage, category pages, author pages and tag pages, to prevent duplicate content.
Prevent indexing of your login, register and admin pages by adding noindex robots meta tags.
Add noodp an noydir meta robots tags, allowing you to opt out of DMOZ and Yahoo! Directory descriptions.
Prevent Yahoo! and Google from indexing your feeds by adding a meta tag to their head-section.
Prevent indexing of just your comment feeds.
Disable author and date-based archives.
Prevent attachment pages from ranking in the search results over your articles.
Enforce a trailing slash on archives.
Edit your .htaccess and your robots.txt from within WordPress.
Assign robots meta tags to individual posts & pages.
Verify your site with Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo! Site Explorer and Bing Webmaster Tools.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/robots-meta/

3. All in one SEO pack
Quote:Some features:

Google Analytics support
Support for Custom Post Types
Advanced Canonical URLs
Fine tune Page Navigational Links
Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
Nonce Security
Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
Generates META tags automatically
Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
For beginners, you don't even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-...-seo-pack/

4. Google XML Sitemaps
Quote:This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it's much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/goog...generator/

5. Permalink < Not plugin just follow my lead!

The first thing to change is your permalink structure. In WordPress 2.5, you'll find this page under Settings -> Permalinks. The default permalink is
?p=<postid>, but I prefer to use either /post-name/ or /category/post-name/. For the first option, you change the "custom" setting into /%postname%/

Image I uploaded for you:
[Image: H1BiP.jpg]

6. WP No Category Base
Quote:As the name suggests this plugin will completely remove the mandatory 'Category Base' from your category permalinks ( e.g. myblog.com/category/my-category/ to myblog.com/my-category/ ).

The plugin requires no setup or modifying core wordpress files and will not break any links. It will also take care of redirecting your old category links to the new ones.

Features
Better and logical permalinks like myblog.com/my-category/ and myblog.com/my-category/my-post/.
Simple plugin - barely adds any overhead.
Works out of the box - no setup needed.
No need to modify wordpress files.
Doesn't require other plugins to work.
Compatible with sitemap plugins.
Compatible with WPML.
Works with multiple sub-categories.
Works with WordPress Multisite.
Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones (301 redirect, good for SEO).

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/no-c...base-wpml/

7. Google (XML) Sitemaps Generator
Quote:This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it's much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/goog...generator/

8. SEOPressor UNLIMITED

It will allow you to fully optimize your Onpage SEO. You can download it for free from my TUT on this forum> http://forums.fileice.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3677

9. Spam Free Wordpress
Quote:Update 3-26-2012: Support requests on the WordPress.org forum will no longer be answered. All requests for support should be made at the Spam Free WordPress homepage.

Spam Free WordPress is a comment spam blocking plugin that blocks 100% of the automated spam with zero false positives. There is no other plugin, or service, available for WordPress that can claim 100% accuracy with zero false positives, not even Akismet. Manual spam is blocked with an IP address blocklist.

This plugin was born out of necessity in September of 2007 when HollywoodGrind was getting a lot a traffic, and with it a lot of spam that multiple plugins could not stop, but instead increased the load on the server fighting the spam. Since its birth, Spam Free WordPress has been tested successfully under real world heavy traffic, and heavy comment spam, conditions. Once Spam Free WordPress is installed, no other comment spam plugins are needed, and it is recommended that all other plugins be disabled since they will cause undesirable false positives.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/spam...wordpress/

10. WSA Favicon
Quote:Favicons are small icons that represent your website. They usually appear next to your website's URL in the navigation bar, in the tab, or next to the bookmark for your site depending on the browser. Using a favicon can boast your website's credability to your visitors.

WSA Favicon makes uploading a favicon a simple process. Most favicon plugins require you to generate your favicon in the correct ICO format on a thrid party site. WSA Favicon will automatically convert PNG, GIF, and JPEG images to a multi-resolution ICO format.

Using a multi-resolution format ICO for your favicon will mean that when your favicon is resized it will continue to look great! This is acheived by embedding multiple images of various resolutions within one ICO.

After converting your image file to the right format and dimensions, WSA Favicon will attach your favicon to each webpage so it displays in your users URL or tab and next to each bookmark.

WSA Favicon can also upload, convert, and display icons for Apple touch devices including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Without using this plugin if your users bookmark your website or blog on their touch device it will take a screenshot of part of your webpage but with WSA Favicon you can enhance the icon's display for your visitors.

WSA Favicon will use Imagick for imaging formating if available and fallback to GD, which is installed with PHP by default.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wsa-favicon/

11. Pinoy Pop-up on Exit
Quote:he Pinoy Pop Up on Exit was developed to provide solely ONE purpose: Increase Sales and Leads by 300%!

This plugin is mainly for sales copy sites, opt-in(squeeze) pages, upsell offers page or any page that tries to bribe people to stay in the page to respond to an offer.

If a visitor tries to exit your site(page/post) they will instead see a popup screen providing them with an incentive not to leave. This incentive could be a discount or a bonus if they choose not to leave and instead make a purchase.

Download here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pino...p-on-exit/

Also make sure to use the WordPress Cache plugin for better/faster user optimization: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/

I hope this helps some of you out, I use these plugins on most of my blogs.

WebmasterExpert
Latest Thanks - View all

androtweaks(2014-11-17 03:23 PM) kriendor(2014-04-11 07:43 PM) Pipobucc(2014-03-11 06:29 AM) eni05(2014-02-25 05:37 AM) NavzaR(2014-02-23 04:09 AM) DonCheto(2014-02-20 09:08 PM) InstaMoney(2013-10-05 09:27 PM) 
2013-05-08, 12:00 AM,
W3 Total Cache is an awesome plugin too, because it speeds up your site with cache and can use a cdn if you want to
Jetpack is another awesome plugin because of the features about it.

ATTENTION, if you install too many plugins on your site, especially if the host is weak your site will become slower and slower, and there's no miracle about it, unless you disable some useless plugins, as you can only use one SEO plugin, and it does the same thing as 3 or 4 enabled at the same time.
Latest Thanks - View all

sumit2296(2013-11-25 09:05 AM) 

I'm not vip because I didn't earn a single penny with CPA/PPD, but yet, I never really tried.
My first 20$ will be spent on this forum for VIP :P
2013-05-09, 11:55 PM,
Great tutorial indeed ! This would be helpful for many :)
2013-05-10, 05:02 PM,
The Best Plugins .................

Yoast - SEO plugin is Better than all in one seo Plugin

I really had a good success with Yoast SEO plugin .......Its ranks fast
2013-05-10, 11:45 PM,
Thinking if setting up a Wordpress site. This'll help.
2013-05-11, 07:58 PM,
should i block tags and categories of wordpress in robots??

i think they duplicate content...
2013-05-11, 08:26 PM,
(2013-05-11, 07:58 PM)mrlazy Wrote: should i block tags and categories of wordpress in robots??

i think they duplicate content...

Depends on what you are doing, if landing-page site, yeah you should block them, if not, allow them as they are used to get the consistency of your site.

I'm not vip because I didn't earn a single penny with CPA/PPD, but yet, I never really tried.
My first 20$ will be spent on this forum for VIP :P
2013-05-16, 02:10 PM,
This is a great list I installed two of them but I recommend getting WP Date remover. Cause I think some people come to websites and see for example if it was posted in 2010 they will likely think it is outdated so it would be a good idea to get that plugin.
2013-05-16, 06:05 PM,
thank you , i will test to see some improvements
2013-05-21, 08:51 PM,
Great tutorial. Many thanks for this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [eBook] The Complete Guide To SEO For Beginners EnChanter 18 1,073 2017-12-10, 11:00 PM
Last Post: srikanta159
  The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging LB'Decoy 16 900 2017-12-05, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Samarbete
  Wordpress Survey Copy Method pioter7 0 138 2017-10-19, 11:37 PM
Last Post: pioter7
  The Ultimate Guide for your Web 2.0 Private Blog Network SEO Campaigns PowerUpHosting 36 6,759 2017-09-14, 10:12 AM
Last Post: epalyou
  Can I SEO a WordPress page? iSee3D 6 497 2017-05-06, 03:57 AM
Last Post: balind

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top