Movie Website Question
2015-01-20, 02:20 PM,
Hi mates,

I have very small question and I am still not able to find the right answer about this. Might be some of you know the answer.

I am planning to run online watchable movies website, where I will link to third party video sharing sites. Basically, I will not host any content. All I will do is link to third party video sharing websites like sharefix, sharepro, vidzii etc. I have googled a lot and found mixed answers about this question. Few say it is illegal or few say it is legal.

Everyone knows that for such website, we always go for offshore hosting, basically located in Netheterland, Hongkong, Russia etc. But does it matter where the owner belongs, I am from India and I have read few articles about the people who were located in USA and UK, got arrested for running such website.

I badly need some suggestion about it.
2015-01-20, 05:43 PM,
yes, create a forum rather than blog. As in forum you can say I do not post anything, and I am not responsible for what users post.
Also if you make a blog, remember to not post by admin account. Add DMCA Policy and whenever you get a notice, take that page offline.
2015-01-20, 10:18 PM,
Thanks everyone for the reply, I think I should stay away from creating such blog.
2015-01-21, 12:49 AM,
If you are not like the top scammers there is little odd that you will end up in Jail. But as said above you must have a system that says the contents are being uploaded by users and the site owns or host no file. You must have a DCMA complain form and you must comply with it.
2015-01-21, 02:45 PM,
(2015-01-21, 02:38 PM)atebon Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 05:43 PM)WebD Wrote: yes, create a forum rather than blog. As in forum you can say I do not post anything, and I am not responsible for what users post.
Also if you make a blog, remember to not post by admin account. Add DMCA Policy and whenever you get a notice, take that page offline.
Wow! I must say, creating a forum rather than a blog is brilliant! Evil

Not really. At Europe some people have been sent to jail for doing this. And even a well-known lawyer was involved, he lost his admission to be a lawyer.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-01-21, 06:07 PM,
(2015-01-21, 02:45 PM)BlackHatSEO Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 02:38 PM)atebon Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 05:43 PM)WebD Wrote: yes, create a forum rather than blog. As in forum you can say I do not post anything, and I am not responsible for what users post.
Wow! I must say, creating a forum rather than a blog is brilliant! Evil

Not really. At Europe some people have been sent to jail for doing this. And even a well-known lawyer was involved, he lost his admission to be a lawyer.

I really dont know about Europe laws. I said it because running a warez blog is more risky than running a forum. So if op wants to create a warez site forum would be a good option than blog. :)
2015-01-21, 06:28 PM,
(2015-01-21, 06:07 PM)WebD Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 02:45 PM)BlackHatSEO Wrote: At Europe some people have been sent to jail for doing this. And even a well-known lawyer was involved, he lost his admission to be a lawyer.

I really dont know about Europe laws. I said it because running a warez blog is more risky than running a forum. So if op wants to create a warez site forum would be a good option than blog. :)

The platform I mean was international, so not only European law was affected. But I don't know what happened to the other people outside of Europe regarding the shutdown and legal consequences.

But just remember Kim "Dot Com" Schmitz and MegaUpload...

This place is intentionally left blank.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  building email list without a website Med Fd 9 268 2017-12-10, 11:04 PM
Last Post: chumban
  Review my Landing Page / Website YoungArt 8 404 2017-12-05, 04:40 AM
Last Post: EnChanter
  Incentive Offer Question HuntedCS 3 143 2017-11-29, 08:23 PM
Last Post: HuntedCS
  [Question] [help]where i can find long lasting proxies ? kalia420 2 83 2017-11-29, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Nem
  Question related to Cpa cash8 5 240 2017-11-24, 08:42 PM
Last Post: bratt01

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top