Mitpat - Been 18 Months Since I Retired, What Have I Missed?
10-24-2016, 04:02 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 04:11 PM by paradise.)
You are such an inspiration! Glad to have you here Smile

If i was to ask you a thing or two, that(those) will be:
- Why did you go only for Forex Trading?
- In one of the posts you said you bought google,apple and tesla long ago; so I want to ask - are you implying that buying these aren't profitable these days? (or you could say there are plenty of other fishes to aim for)
- Do you recommend any Websites or Books to follow?
- Apple is going to be announcing new Macbooks next week, so have you planned something for that? Or rather I should say its too late for making a move on this, the right time was maybe 2-3 months back. (I am just trying to understand how do you plan things and keep ahead of others and how do you analyze - I do understand its a broad topic)
- Do you use an automation tool to predict or you just follow a lot of NEWS?
- There are a lot of fakers when it comes to Forex Trading even for Binary Options, what platforms do you use? (I can find this answer on the Internet as well, but i would like to hear your opinion)

PS: You can choose not to answer any of my queries, as I am a beginner. Grin
 Thanks given by: mitpat
10-24-2016, 04:10 PM
(10-24-2016 03:46 PM)BigEarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 03:31 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 02:46 PM)BigEarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Those of you who were around back then, about 18 months ago I sold my IM company and retired from all forms of IM (effectively mandated by contract for 2 years). Originally I planned to get back into IM after the 2 year mark but that's now changed.

For the past 18 months I've been doing the following

1. Read over 50 books on all sorts of topics (self improvement, investing etc)
  2. Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)
  3. Learn't to trade forex using my own money and have finished my first full year of trading (more than doubled my money :D ). This is what I now do for a living.
  4. Still haven't gone on holiday (I'm sure I'll get there eventually once I run out of things to do)

I thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing now that I can come back and post freely, have I missed much?

Oh and feel free to ask me about anything (within reason Wink)

Welcome back not much has changed besides lazy people that think it's harder to make money with CPA. I kind of like it because it's leaving more money for me to make. Really though I guess right now IG is exploding but from what I can tell it's getting harder for people to use due to account limitations but as you know there are ways around such issue. The CPA world is still going strong.

Interestingly when you say IG I think of the forex broker but is it something else?

It's funny as I've found the forex industry makes IM look nice and cosy. To give you an idea about 99% (everyone has slightly different numbers in the 90s) of people trading forex lose money. Most of them (around 90%) go bust in less than 3 months and it is basically down to laziness.

Besides that though there are huge similarities, lots of fakes selling garbage. It's an extremely self reliant profession (even more so than IM). Hard work pays off if you learn from your mistakes and keep improving. You compete against a lot of people, though in forex you generally make money from someone else losing it. Also the possibilities for becoming wealthy are huge unlike almost any other job where it is not possible.

I was referring to Instagram anything to do with trading I will stay away from, it's to high risk and not enough rewards from what I've seen with my friends losing BIG amounts of cash on.

I was in the extremely lucky position to be able to pay for 1 on 1 tuition which allowed me to massively jump start myself. I didn't just pay anyone but a guy who retired from Goldman Sachs (a multimillionaire), he does it mainly for the pleasure but he's very choosy on who he will teach and the fee was huge. My first year has been incredible, I've more than doubled my money and made more than the rest of my life put together. The rewards can be huge but the game is highly stacked against most people.

Also you really need a good amount of money to be able to make a living from it (though you can invest part time). A realistic number I've seen is 15% profit margins before tax after 3 to 5 years of trying. If you can only achieve that then either you need a lot of money or you'd be better off putting your money somewhere else.

The biggest problem with trading is that people so severely under estimate how hard it is and just how easy it is to get very wrong. In forex you can not only lose money but lose even more than you started with. Forex is mainly about managing you emotions and your risk but people get sucked into using systems and piling on leverage (greed really).

A few months back my parents went to the funeral of a 24 year old who'd got into forex trading and lost it all. It turned out his parents had given him their pension money and he'd hid all the losses. Rather than face them he committed suicide.

Sorry if that sounds brutal but people need to know.

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

Thanks given by: BigEarner , ςσsmiη
10-24-2016, 04:25 PM
(10-24-2016 04:10 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 03:46 PM)BigEarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 03:31 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 02:46 PM)BigEarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Those of you who were around back then, about 18 months ago I sold my IM company and retired from all forms of IM (effectively mandated by contract for 2 years). Originally I planned to get back into IM after the 2 year mark but that's now changed.

For the past 18 months I've been doing the following

1. Read over 50 books on all sorts of topics (self improvement, investing etc)
  2. Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)
  3. Learn't to trade forex using my own money and have finished my first full year of trading (more than doubled my money :D ). This is what I now do for a living.
  4. Still haven't gone on holiday (I'm sure I'll get there eventually once I run out of things to do)

I thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing now that I can come back and post freely, have I missed much?

Oh and feel free to ask me about anything (within reason Wink)

Welcome back not much has changed besides lazy people that think it's harder to make money with CPA. I kind of like it because it's leaving more money for me to make. Really though I guess right now IG is exploding but from what I can tell it's getting harder for people to use due to account limitations but as you know there are ways around such issue. The CPA world is still going strong.

Interestingly when you say IG I think of the forex broker but is it something else?

It's funny as I've found the forex industry makes IM look nice and cosy. To give you an idea about 99% (everyone has slightly different numbers in the 90s) of people trading forex lose money. Most of them (around 90%) go bust in less than 3 months and it is basically down to laziness.

Besides that though there are huge similarities, lots of fakes selling garbage. It's an extremely self reliant profession (even more so than IM). Hard work pays off if you learn from your mistakes and keep improving. You compete against a lot of people, though in forex you generally make money from someone else losing it. Also the possibilities for becoming wealthy are huge unlike almost any other job where it is not possible.

I was referring to Instagram anything to do with trading I will stay away from, it's to high risk and not enough rewards from what I've seen with my friends losing BIG amounts of cash on.

I was in the extremely lucky position to be able to pay for 1 on 1 tuition which allowed me to massively jump start myself. I didn't just pay anyone but a guy who retired from Goldman Sachs (a multimillionaire), he does it mainly for the pleasure but he's very choosy on who he will teach and the fee was huge. My first year has been incredible, I've more than doubled my money and made more than the rest of my life put together. The rewards can be huge but the game is highly stacked against most people.

Also you really need a good amount of money to be able to make a living from it (though you can invest part time). A realistic number I've seen is 15% profit margins before tax after 3 to 5 years of trying. If you can only achieve that then either you need a lot of money or you'd be better off putting your money somewhere else.

The biggest problem with trading is that people so severely under estimate how hard it is and just how easy it is to get very wrong. In forex you can not only lose money but lose even more than you started with. Forex is mainly about managing you emotions and your risk but people get sucked into using systems and piling on leverage (greed really).

A few months back my parents went to the funeral of a 24 year old who'd got into forex trading and lost it all. It turned out his parents had given him their pension money and he'd hid all the losses. Rather than face them he committed suicide.

Sorry if that sounds brutal but people need to know.

Quote:A few months back my parents went to the funeral of a 24 year old who'd got into forex trading and lost it all. It turned out his parents had given him their pension money and he'd hid all the losses. Rather than face them he committed suicide.

That's sad! Shock
10-24-2016, 04:32 PM
(10-24-2016 03:55 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:  
Quote:Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat. I've come across so many great businesses that do just 1 thing but do them really well. They all do something they really care about and it shows. They also make a lot of money.

Like building habits doing something you enjoy makes it feel like fun rather than work.

As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

http:///category/making-money-from-a-food-blog

Quote:Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat.

Yes you're right and it's because most want the fast money, and don't think ahead the way the guys earning consistently do.

Quote:As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

If you find your niche and stick at it like they have you can make a living out of it, I must agree WH comes with a lot less headaches overall since getting flagged/reported or whatever does not really come with much risk. Again though most people want the fast money so tend to put aside the risk factor and take the gamble.

It's funny since I've been gone I'd had people asking me to partner up to create a rival to cpaelites. I've managed to turn down every single one by asking them a few simple questions.

1. Why do you want to do it?
  2. What will you do to differentiate with cpaelites?
  3. If you come up with something different how will you keep that advantage? what's to stop it being copied?
  4. Why do you want to partner with me?

Inevitably the answers have all gone something like the following

1. Money
  2. Something superficial - graphics, color scheme etc
  3. Usually no real answer
  4. Usually to trade off my name or so I can provide funding etc

The big killer in all this though is the lack of opportunity, cpaelites does a was created to fill a gap in the market. Now that the gap is filled with site that has a good brand, good relations with it's users and networks. Not to mention it has been around for years and has a good sticky factor to it.

I pointed all these things out and explained the concept of window of opportunity. Of course most didn't listen and all have failed.

When you really think about it, it's like you said. All of these were just short term money grabbing ideas. If anyone thinks a forum is easy to run it just tells me they've never done it.

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

Thanks given by: HawkEye
10-24-2016, 05:15 PM
(10-24-2016 04:32 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 03:55 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:  
Quote:Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat. I've come across so many great businesses that do just 1 thing but do them really well. They all do something they really care about and it shows. They also make a lot of money.

Like building habits doing something you enjoy makes it feel like fun rather than work.

As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

http:///category/making-money-from-a-food-blog

Quote:Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat.

Yes you're right and it's because most want the fast money, and don't think ahead the way the guys earning consistently do.

Quote:As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

If you find your niche and stick at it like they have you can make a living out of it, I must agree WH comes with a lot less headaches overall since getting flagged/reported or whatever does not really come with much risk. Again though most people want the fast money so tend to put aside the risk factor and take the gamble.

It's funny since I've been gone I'd had people asking me to partner up to create a rival to cpaelites. I've managed to turn down every single one by asking them a few simple questions.

1. Why do you want to do it?
  2. What will you do to differentiate with cpaelites?
  3. If you come up with something different how will you keep that advantage? what's to stop it being copied?
  4. Why do you want to partner with me?

Inevitably the answers have all gone something like the following

1. Money
  2. Something superficial - graphics, color scheme etc
  3. Usually no real answer
  4. Usually to trade off my name or so I can provide funding etc

The big killer in all this though is the lack of opportunity, cpaelites does a was created to fill a gap in the market. Now that the gap is filled with site that has a good brand, good relations with it's users and networks. Not to mention it has been around for years and has a good sticky factor to it.

I pointed all these things out and explained the concept of window of opportunity. Of course most didn't listen and all have failed.

When you really think about it, it's like you said. All of these were just short term money grabbing ideas. If anyone thinks a forum is easy to run it just tells me they've never done it.

Ha! yes I have seen many popup over the last 3 years to be honest, they come and they go just as the users do too. Most people like to jump on the back of others ideas, and try and make them work, it can work with CPA niches but competing with already established platforms is a waste of time unless there's enough room.

Most that have tried to replicate Elites have learnt the hard way, it takes time and commitment to create, brand and run a business but most just don't understand this and try and run before they can walk. I have learnt a lot of things by starting this forum both IRL and in the business world, starting this forum was the best thing I ever did in my life regarding IM.

[MONSTER] CPA MARKETING TOOLBOX [VIDEOS AND TEXT GUIDES]
Hawks CPA Elites - CPA Marketing Starters Course [VIDEOS]
Super Awesome Mass Planner Settings Guide With Earnings Proof
10-24-2016, 05:38 PM
(10-24-2016 04:02 PM)paradise Wrote:  You are such an inspiration! Glad to have you here Smile

1. Why did you go only for Forex Trading?

2. In one of the posts you said you bought google,apple and tesla long ago; so I want to ask - are you implying that buying these aren't profitable these days? (or you could say there are plenty of other fishes to aim for)

3. Do you recommend any Websites or Books to follow?

4. Apple is going to be announcing new Macbooks next week, so have you planned something for that? Or rather I should say its too late for making a move on this, the right time was maybe 2-3 months back. (I am just trying to understand how do you plan things and keep ahead of others and how do you analyze - I do understand its a broad topic)

5. Do you use an automation tool to predict or you just follow a lot of NEWS?

6. There are a lot of fakers when it comes to Forex Trading even for Binary Options, what platforms do you use? (I can find this answer on the Internet as well, but i would like to hear your opinion)

1. I only went for forex trading as I wanted to master 1 area before I moved onto another (it's a basic philosophy I've always followed). The other reason was that I think big picture and that's what moves the forex market, big picture news so it suited my personality.

2. No I'm sure that there's plenty of profit to be made in the stocks however they no longer suit my personality. I look at the big picture, when I looked at google it was during it's early years on the stock market. It owned all the advertising and there were less than a billion users on the internet, I saw the internet spreading everywhere. Also at the time the competition for advertising online was still quite low with traditional media still not committed. My large scale estimation was that the internet would at least double in size (it's already more than tripled) and that the cost of ads would go up. Google was in prime position to capitalise when this happened and I estimated it's stock should quadruple (it went up 8 fold in 3 years).

Apple was more product based but still big picture fundamental in nature. Apple had shown that it had the capability, will and competence to scale well as it did with the ipod. I watched the iphone launch and was blown away by just how much better it seemed than the competition, at this point I entered my first trade. Later when it launched and sales bombed I bought even more stock. The reason I did was because I saw the materials cost gave them a lot of room to manoeuvre and that they'd gone through problems like this before with the ipod and fixed them. They also had first mover advantage for the product made correctly, their competitors later attempts were appalling by comparison. Going from an install base of 0 but with the brand of Apple gave them a huge growth potential. Also I was trading on people's desire for the product, I kept seeing people swoon around people who had an iphone and decided that even if the product failed I could cash in on the hype.

Tesla was similar to Apple but more risky and safer in other ways. I first got into Tesla during the model s announcement. I was blown away by how good the car seemed as well as how even then their competition were still saying that electric cars were more than 10 years away. Furthermore Tesla had been around for a while and I'd read up on their motivations and particularly their founder. To see how far they'd come was astounding and I placed an initial trade the day of the model s unveiling. Once reviews came in on the car and customers started giving it the thumbs up that's when I really loaded up on the stock. Here was a company doing something really hard, they were years ahead of everyone, the product was great and they had no competition. This was a fantastic stock for me as I quadrupled in less than 2 years.

3. I recommend that you read a lot of books on investing, I would particularly recommend the Market Wizard books and Peter Lynch's books. Seriously though you should be looking to do a lot of reading, I typically read a book every 10 days.

4. For me the new Macbook range is too small an effect for me to bother with. The Mac range is only around 10% of Apples revenue (I believe profit is similar too) so it would have to double to even move the needle for Apple (remember for me a 10% move is nothing but lots of people make a good living of moves like this). Now add in that Mac sales have really stagnated and I can see there's really nothing there (look at the sales charts). Sure the stock might go up on speculation but it also might go the other way. If there's nothing concrete to justify a move then it's just a guessing game, something I don't do.

To be honest a lack of good opportunities is another reason I'm not in stock anymore. I prefer forex which I find more stable and I make more money in it. Don't get me wrong I was tempted in January to buy the bargains during the downturn but it's just not my style, doesn't mean there isn't a style which did make a lot of money.

5. I just follow the news, with stocks because I'm so big picture I usually have months to notice. With forex it's mostly scheduled and I have live feeds for all the latest news and the occasional unexpected news.

6. I only trade forex for the moment, as a result I'm just using Metatrader 4. It's old but it works reliably. I've also looked at ninjatrader and am considering moving over when ninjatrader 8 is out of release candidate and has had a few months of reviews. I hear a lot of people talk positively about tradestation though I've not tried it myself. At some point I am planning to try out the full bloomberg terminal as it's supposed to other pretty much everything in one system.

Honestly though, trading platform is really not that important. I trade over several hours and I've never had a problem with it. Probably the biggest downside with metatrader 4 is that all the scam brokers use it so you have to be careful who you go with. Ninjatrader are a lot more selective though even they still have people like FXCM (google fxcm swiss shock). Bloomberg gives you direct market access (I've not tested this) so in theory they're the best.

Thanks given by: paradise , alexparris
10-24-2016, 06:00 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 06:04 PM by paradise.)
(10-24-2016 05:38 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 04:02 PM)paradise Wrote:  You are such an inspiration! Glad to have you here Smile

1. Why did you go only for Forex Trading?

2. In one of the posts you said you bought google,apple and tesla long ago; so I want to ask - are you implying that buying these aren't profitable these days? (or you could say there are plenty of other fishes to aim for)

3. Do you recommend any Websites or Books to follow?

4. Apple is going to be announcing new Macbooks next week, so have you planned something for that? Or rather I should say its too late for making a move on this, the right time was maybe 2-3 months back. (I am just trying to understand how do you plan things and keep ahead of others and how do you analyze - I do understand its a broad topic)

5. Do you use an automation tool to predict or you just follow a lot of NEWS?

6. There are a lot of fakers when it comes to Forex Trading even for Binary Options, what platforms do you use? (I can find this answer on the Internet as well, but i would like to hear your opinion)

1. I only went for forex trading as I wanted to master 1 area before I moved onto another (it's a basic philosophy I've always followed). The other reason was that I think big picture and that's what moves the forex market, big picture news so it suited my personality.

2. No I'm sure that there's plenty of profit to be made in the stocks however they no longer suit my personality. I look at the big picture, when I looked at google it was during it's early years on the stock market. It owned all the advertising and there were less than a billion users on the internet, I saw the internet spreading everywhere. Also at the time the competition for advertising online was still quite low with traditional media still not committed. My large scale estimation was that the internet would at least double in size (it's already more than tripled) and that the cost of ads would go up. Google was in prime position to capitalise when this happened and I estimated it's stock should quadruple (it went up 8 fold in 3 years).

Apple was more product based but still big picture fundamental in nature. Apple had shown that it had the capability, will and competence to scale well as it did with the ipod. I watched the iphone launch and was blown away by just how much better it seemed than the competition, at this point I entered my first trade. Later when it launched and sales bombed I bought even more stock. The reason I did was because I saw the materials cost gave them a lot of room to manoeuvre and that they'd gone through problems like this before with the ipod and fixed them. They also had first mover advantage for the product made correctly, their competitors later attempts were appalling by comparison. Going from an install base of 0 but with the brand of Apple gave them a huge growth potential. Also I was trading on people's desire for the product, I kept seeing people swoon around people who had an iphone and decided that even if the product failed I could cash in on the hype.

Tesla was similar to Apple but more risky and safer in other ways. I first got into Tesla during the model s announcement. I was blown away by how good the car seemed as well as how even then their competition were still saying that electric cars were more than 10 years away. Furthermore Tesla had been around for a while and I'd read up on their motivations and particularly their founder. To see how far they'd come was astounding and I placed an initial trade the day of the model s unveiling. Once reviews came in on the car and customers started giving it the thumbs up that's when I really loaded up on the stock. Here was a company doing something really hard, they were years ahead of everyone, the product was great and they had no competition. This was a fantastic stock for me as I quadrupled in less than 2 years.

3. I recommend that you read a lot of books on investing, I would particularly recommend the Market Wizard books and Peter Lynch's books. Seriously though you should be looking to do a lot of reading, I typically read a book every 10 days.

4. For me the new Macbook range is too small an effect for me to bother with. The Mac range is only around 10% of Apples revenue (I believe profit is similar too) so it would have to double to even move the needle for Apple (remember for me a 10% move is nothing but lots of people make a good living of moves like this). Now add in that Mac sales have really stagnated and I can see there's really nothing there (look at the sales charts). Sure the stock might go up on speculation but it also might go the other way. If there's nothing concrete to justify a move then it's just a guessing game, something I don't do.

To be honest a lack of good opportunities is another reason I'm not in stock anymore. I prefer forex which I find more stable and I make more money in it. Don't get me wrong I was tempted in January to buy the bargains during the downturn but it's just not my style, doesn't mean there isn't a style which did make a lot of money.

5. I just follow the news, with stocks because I'm so big picture I usually have months to notice. With forex it's mostly scheduled and I have live feeds for all the latest news and the occasional unexpected news.

6. I only trade forex for the moment, as a result I'm just using Metatrader 4. It's old but it works reliably. I've also looked at ninjatrader and am considering moving over when ninjatrader 8 is out of release candidate and has had a few months of reviews. I hear a lot of people talk positively about tradestation though I've not tried it myself. At some point I am planning to try out the full bloomberg terminal as it's supposed to other pretty much everything in one system.

Honestly though, trading platform is really not that important. I trade over several hours and I've never had a problem with it. Probably the biggest downside with metatrader 4 is that all the sc@m brokers use it so you have to be careful who you go with. Ninjatrader are a lot more selective though even they still have people like FXCM (google fxcm swiss shock). Bloomberg gives you direct market access (I've not tested this) so in theory they're the best.

Thank you for your detailed answer. Would you be able to write down your daily routine?

And yes it would be great, if you could recommend any trading forums suitable for beginners as well as the professionals.

[Image: uHBjoo8.gif]
10-24-2016, 06:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 06:11 PM by bryan1.)
(10-24-2016 01:29 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 07:38 AM)Pachu Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)

Hi buddy, let me quote this piece of your post becouse i think it's a key point.

Habit forming. How would u say you reached that point?

It is something that i really need to improve, REALLY. I'm used to procrastinate SO MUCH that i end up losing a lot of time without even noticing it.

I didn't actually realise it until I started reading up on the power of habits but for the last 5 years I've been unknowingly forming positive habits that have transformed my life as well as getting rid of bad ones. To give you an idea 5 years ago I had all the following bad habits
  • Overweight due to mindless and unhealthy eating (solved this with calorie counting and mindfulness). I also didn't exercise (now regularly go to the gym as it helps me sleep better and I feel better doing it too, going with other people helped form this habit)
  • Didn't brush my teeth properly (never flossed and occasionally missed brushing some spots). I got sick of having fillings (pain and embarrassment) and asked the dentist how they kept their teeth clean, turns out almost everyone does it wrong. So I got an electric toothbrush and now brush each side of my teeth for 5 seconds. I also floss everyday too. I built this habit by adding it to my daily task list and listening to audiobooks whilst doing it.
  • Didn't sleep properly (I now go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 5am everyday without an alarm, I also wake up fully refreshed every time). Did this by going to the gym each day at regular times and then kept going to bed at the same time, I also set my PC to auto shutdown each day at 7:30pm.
  • Chronically procrastinated, I could go days without doing anything. This was the hardest negative trait to get rid of, it took me 6 months of constantly working and setting new goals to finally rid myself of it. Basically constantly working eventually became the new norm.
  • Had a tendency to try something without a goal in mind and then easily give up. I solved this by only doing the things that interested me and setting strict goals. I also only allowed myself to do 1 or 2 things at a time to force myself to prioritise what was important.
  • My spending was too high, I'd buy things that didn't make a huge difference to me and/or cost too much at the time. Learning the principles and doing investing changed that for me. At first I'd make myself write a list of all the pro's and cons of buying stuff which helped, now I just do it in my head.
  • Everyday I had a list of things to do (both new habits and actual work), I set myself rewards for achieving them e.g watch tv show and punishments for not e.g eat some horrible tasting healthy food. I had my brother keep track and ensure I did follow through. I paid him for it and he loved the idea of watching me eat some horrible tasting food.

I can seriously say habit forming has completely changed my life. The best part of it is that whilst it is hard to form a habit once you have it becomes easy. I do all my work without thinking or putting in any extra effort. I can't go to bed without going to the gym, brushing and flossing my teeth. I can't eat junk food without automatically checking the calories and ingredient list which immediately makes me not want it.

When I was at school there people who always insisted they didn't try and yet always did really well. I'd always assumed they were just showing off but talking to one of my high flying friends recently I found that wasn't true. He would get home, sit down and did all his homework and then go and eat and do other things. I asked him how he didn't get distracted, it turns out his parents for years made him do it and it eventually became a habit. Years later he was still doing it but he wasn't putting in any effort which is why he always insisted he wasn't trying.

I still do all the things I want but now I don't beat myself up for doing something stupid as I generally avoid doing them. When I do it's just something I add to my list of things to work on.

One thing I'd say about habit forming is that it is hard to start and that you should focus on doing only 1 thing at a time. Until you keep doing it automatically without reminders you shouldn't do anything else. Also periodically review (say weekly) to see how you're doing. You're going to mess up and that's okay as long as you get straight back on it again, don't put it off for later or tomorrow, just get back on it now.

For me changing my diet took about 6 months and I had a lot of failures along the way, but I made sure that I kept getting straight back on it and eventually the habit formed and stuck, now I eat healthily effortlessly.
wow, reading this really changed my mindset.
im also doing the same mistakes that you did in the past right now, and i think it's time to change, thanks for sharing your story
10-24-2016, 06:07 PM
(10-24-2016 03:21 PM)mitpat Wrote:  Thanks for taking the time to read the mentoring journey, you'd be surprised how often I get asked the same questions again and again.

Glad to hear that he's having a good time in the US.

About your journey, are you kidding me? I had read your journey many times and also I took notes from it and put them in a notebook I have with all the info I could gather from journeys/forums, YouTube etc. The most information I got from yours and Quattroporte's.

I have so many questions...you're a millionaire in a field (talking about CPA/Marketing) where I barely make beer money.
I have a big problem with procrastination & lack of motivation that I'm currently working on, but thats other story.

My first question will be: How did you manage to wait for money/results coming from your WH projects. I mean I currently earn 0.xx$ per month (every month more than previous). I am scaling things up, improving, etc but 0.22 is twice as much as 0.11 but still is 0.22$. You get me, nothing x something = nothing.

My mind is blank right now. You should've make an announcement like "mitpad is coming" so I'll made a list with my best questions.
10-24-2016, 09:31 PM
How old are you mitpat?

[Image: cErWF3e.png]
Follow My Journey!

Share This:

Elites Related Threads
Thread: Author Views: Last Post
[FREE VPS] GCP Free 12 Months Trial! xujambambam 295 04-03-2017 11:23 PM
Last Post: Youtubeviews
[+18 ONLY] Adult Traffic - Video Copyrights Nothingness 861 11-11-2016 05:40 PM
Last Post: dreadz0
18 FREE LANDING PAGE SCRIPTS FOR PPD/CPA MONEY MAKING Ben Mitch 1,959 10-02-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: Lucy
Give a CPA Trick and Get One VPS Free 1 Months Mehedi 1,826 06-10-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: chamacoe
3 months goal Pav 313 02-24-2016 06:19 AM
Last Post: LeoDios

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top