Mitpat - Been 18 Months Since I Retired, What Have I Missed?
10-24-2016, 02:50 PM
wow mitpat i read your thread in bragging its amazing what you did i lurked here a long time but now i take action
 Thanks given by: mitpat
10-24-2016, 03:00 PM
(10-24-2016 01:29 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 07:38 AM)Pachu Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)

Hi buddy, let me quote this piece of your post becouse i think it's a key point.

Habit forming. How would u say you reached that point?

It is something that i really need to improve, REALLY. I'm used to procrastinate SO MUCH that i end up losing a lot of time without even noticing it.

I didn't actually realise it until I started reading up on the power of habits but for the last 5 years I've been unknowingly forming positive habits that have transformed my life as well as getting rid of bad ones. To give you an idea 5 years ago I had all the following bad habits
  • Overweight due to mindless and unhealthy eating (solved this with calorie counting and mindfulness). I also didn't exercise (now regularly go to the gym as it helps me sleep better and I feel better doing it too, going with other people helped form this habit)
  • Didn't brush my teeth properly (never flossed and occasionally missed brushing some spots). I got sick of having fillings (pain and embarrassment) and asked the dentist how they kept their teeth clean, turns out almost everyone does it wrong. So I got an electric toothbrush and now brush each side of my teeth for 5 seconds. I also floss everyday too. I built this habit by adding it to my daily task list and listening to audiobooks whilst doing it.
  • Didn't sleep properly (I now go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 5am everyday without an alarm, I also wake up fully refreshed every time). Did this by going to the gym each day at regular times and then kept going to bed at the same time, I also set my PC to auto shutdown each day at 7:30pm.
  • Chronically procrastinated, I could go days without doing anything. This was the hardest negative trait to get rid of, it took me 6 months of constantly working and setting new goals to finally rid myself of it. Basically constantly working eventually became the new norm.
  • Had a tendency to try something without a goal in mind and then easily give up. I solved this by only doing the things that interested me and setting strict goals. I also only allowed myself to do 1 or 2 things at a time to force myself to prioritise what was important.
  • My spending was too high, I'd buy things that didn't make a huge difference to me and/or cost too much at the time. Learning the principles and doing investing changed that for me. At first I'd make myself write a list of all the pro's and cons of buying stuff which helped, now I just do it in my head.
  • Everyday I had a list of things to do (both new habits and actual work), I set myself rewards for achieving them e.g watch tv show and punishments for not e.g eat some horrible tasting healthy food. I had my brother keep track and ensure I did follow through. I paid him for it and he loved the idea of watching me eat some horrible tasting food.

I can seriously say habit forming has completely changed my life. The best part of it is that whilst it is hard to form a habit once you have it becomes easy. I do all my work without thinking or putting in any extra effort. I can't go to bed without going to the gym, brushing and flossing my teeth. I can't eat junk food without automatically checking the calories and ingredient list which immediately makes me not want it.

When I was at school there people who always insisted they didn't try and yet always did really well. I'd always assumed they were just showing off but talking to one of my high flying friends recently I found that wasn't true. He would get home, sit down and did all his homework and then go and eat and do other things. I asked him how he didn't get distracted, it turns out his parents for years made him do it and it eventually became a habit. Years later he was still doing it but he wasn't putting in any effort which is why he always insisted he wasn't trying.

I still do all the things I want but now I don't beat myself up for doing something stupid as I generally avoid doing them. When I do it's just something I add to my list of things to work on.

One thing I'd say about habit forming is that it is hard to start and that you should focus on doing only 1 thing at a time. Until you keep doing it automatically without reminders you shouldn't do anything else. Also periodically review (say weekly) to see how you're doing. You're going to mess up and that's okay as long as you get straight back on it again, don't put it off for later or tomorrow, just get back on it now.

For me changing my diet took about 6 months and I had a lot of failures along the way, but I made sure that I kept getting straight back on it and eventually the habit formed and stuck, now I eat healthily effortlessly.

Morning mitpat,

I just woke up and noticed the thread, was not expecting to see you back on CPA Elites so fast actually. Not that much has changed really, people come and they go and Elites is still doing well and ticking along. The CPA world is the same although there have been new platforms becoming more popular than others.

I can relate to many of the points you mentioned above. I now go to the gym most days, but before would miss days due to getting lazy, it's easy to get lazy once you hit a certain milestone online which is why many end up losing all their money because they never make back up websites with SEO / accounts on platforms, for example.

Welcome back!

[MONSTER] CPA MARKETING TOOLBOX [VIDEOS AND TEXT GUIDES]
Hawks CPA Elites - CPA Marketing Starters Course [VIDEOS]
Super Awesome Mass Planner Settings Guide With Earnings Proof
10-24-2016, 03:10 PM
(10-24-2016 01:25 PM)thehacker290494 Wrote:  Did you sold a legit company that was on grounds or it was an Online website or something? I dont know much about you but would really like to know Looking forward to hear what are your future plans.

My company was a purely online one but I had several employees plus quite a few outsourced staff too. Everyone worked from home or a local rent a desk office so I didn't need my own building.

If you want to know more about me have a read of some of my other threads, I've deleted all the ones that I don't feel are very helpful to make it easier.

As for future plans, right now I'm focusing on learning more in investing. I feel like I've figured out forex and am now in the process of continuous small tweaks. I'll then move onto to learning futures and options beyond just the basics that I currently know.

For the long term I'm considering starting my own investment firm though to be honest that's probably many years ago. From my first year in the industry I can see that the profits are huge and it would be a way for me to spend all my time thinking and planning. I don't particularly enjoy sitting around waiting for things to happen, generally I'm reading/researching but I have to keep checking in on the market, I'd prefer to have other people do that part.

I'm also thinking about starting a home building company based on the prefabricated system and using a lot of vertical integration. Where I live (U.K) most home builders put no real effort into building better houses as they generally sell a house within weeks of finishing it so they just build the bare minimum.

One other area that I'm thinking of is education, the more I've looked into it the more I've come to realise that education is still based on the idea of what people needed to know during the industrial era rather than the present. School is made as an efficient means to educate a large group of people at the expense of each individuals needs.

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

Thanks given by: lordscarlos
10-24-2016, 03:19 PM
wow i remember reading your thread ages ago before i joined; Mitpat-Officially-Retired-D very inspiring :P
 Thanks given by: clowndivini , mitpat
10-24-2016, 03:21 PM
(10-24-2016 01:48 PM)ςσsmiη Wrote:  Hey mitpad, just wanted you to know that I learned a lot from your mentoring journey. Thank you.

Btw, how's your brother doing?

Thanks for taking the time to read the mentoring journey, you'd be surprised how often I get asked the same questions again and again.

As for my brother, he's still bouncing between things. At the moment he's looking to leaving behind photography as he no longer enjoys it. The biggest problem he see's is the potential for scaling it and has started asking me about maybe going into investing. The reality with investing is that it really requires a lot of money to do for a living and it's hard to be successful. The biggest problem I see is that I can tell his heart just isn't in it, It feels a lot like a me too strategy.

Even so I'm sure he'll find his way, his biggest problem is that he's not found what he's passionate about yet. Currently he's on holiday around the US, my parents felt like he needed a change of scenery and he seems to be enjoying it.

Please don't message me with mentoring or business proposals as I simply do not have the time. If you need any help please use the link below for the helpdesk.

10-24-2016, 03:22 PM
(10-24-2016 03:19 PM)zenious Wrote:  wow i remember reading your thread ages ago before i joined; Mitpat-Officially-Retired-D very inspiring :P

ah now i remember him damn thats a lot of money!!!!!!! MoneyMoneyMoney welcome back dude i hope ill be able to retire lol! Grin
10-24-2016, 03:31 PM
(10-24-2016 02:46 PM)BigEarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Those of you who were around back then, about 18 months ago I sold my IM company and retired from all forms of IM (effectively mandated by contract for 2 years). Originally I planned to get back into IM after the 2 year mark but that's now changed.

For the past 18 months I've been doing the following

1. Read over 50 books on all sorts of topics (self improvement, investing etc)
  2. Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)
  3. Learn't to trade forex using my own money and have finished my first full year of trading (more than doubled my money :D ). This is what I now do for a living.
  4. Still haven't gone on holiday (I'm sure I'll get there eventually once I run out of things to do)

I thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing now that I can come back and post freely, have I missed much?

Oh and feel free to ask me about anything (within reason Wink)

Welcome back not much has changed besides lazy people that think it's harder to make money with CPA. I kind of like it because it's leaving more money for me to make. Really though I guess right now IG is exploding but from what I can tell it's getting harder for people to use due to account limitations but as you know there are ways around such issue. The CPA world is still going strong.

Interestingly when you say IG I think of the forex broker but is it something else?

It's funny as I've found the forex industry makes IM look nice and cosy. To give you an idea about 99% (everyone has slightly different numbers in the 90s) of people trading forex lose money. Most of them (around 90%) go bust in less than 3 months and it is basically down to laziness.

Besides that though there are huge similarities, lots of fakes selling garbage. It's an extremely self reliant profession (even more so than IM). Hard work pays off if you learn from your mistakes and keep improving. You compete against a lot of people, though in forex you generally make money from someone else losing it. Also the possibilities for becoming wealthy are huge unlike almost any other job where it is not possible.

10-24-2016, 03:46 PM
(10-24-2016 03:31 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 02:46 PM)BigEarner Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Those of you who were around back then, about 18 months ago I sold my IM company and retired from all forms of IM (effectively mandated by contract for 2 years). Originally I planned to get back into IM after the 2 year mark but that's now changed.

For the past 18 months I've been doing the following

1. Read over 50 books on all sorts of topics (self improvement, investing etc)
  2. Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)
  3. Learn't to trade forex using my own money and have finished my first full year of trading (more than doubled my money :D ). This is what I now do for a living.
  4. Still haven't gone on holiday (I'm sure I'll get there eventually once I run out of things to do)

I thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing now that I can come back and post freely, have I missed much?

Oh and feel free to ask me about anything (within reason Wink)

Welcome back not much has changed besides lazy people that think it's harder to make money with CPA. I kind of like it because it's leaving more money for me to make. Really though I guess right now IG is exploding but from what I can tell it's getting harder for people to use due to account limitations but as you know there are ways around such issue. The CPA world is still going strong.

Interestingly when you say IG I think of the forex broker but is it something else?

It's funny as I've found the forex industry makes IM look nice and cosy. To give you an idea about 99% (everyone has slightly different numbers in the 90s) of people trading forex lose money. Most of them (around 90%) go bust in less than 3 months and it is basically down to laziness.

Besides that though there are huge similarities, lots of fakes selling garbage. It's an extremely self reliant profession (even more so than IM). Hard work pays off if you learn from your mistakes and keep improving. You compete against a lot of people, though in forex you generally make money from someone else losing it. Also the possibilities for becoming wealthy are huge unlike almost any other job where it is not possible.

I was referring to Instagram anything to do with trading I will stay away from, it's to high risk and not enough rewards from what I've seen with my friends losing BIG amounts of cash on.
10-24-2016, 03:47 PM
(10-24-2016 03:00 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 01:29 PM)mitpat Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 07:38 AM)Pachu Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:20 AM)mitpat Wrote:  Discovered what it was about me that allowed me to be so successful in such a short period of time (basically habit forming, constant self improvement and a personality that readily accepts failure as lessons)

Hi buddy, let me quote this piece of your post becouse i think it's a key point.

Habit forming. How would u say you reached that point?

It is something that i really need to improve, REALLY. I'm used to procrastinate SO MUCH that i end up losing a lot of time without even noticing it.

I didn't actually realise it until I started reading up on the power of habits but for the last 5 years I've been unknowingly forming positive habits that have transformed my life as well as getting rid of bad ones. To give you an idea 5 years ago I had all the following bad habits
  • Overweight due to mindless and unhealthy eating (solved this with calorie counting and mindfulness). I also didn't exercise (now regularly go to the gym as it helps me sleep better and I feel better doing it too, going with other people helped form this habit)
  • Didn't brush my teeth properly (never flossed and occasionally missed brushing some spots). I got sick of having fillings (pain and embarrassment) and asked the dentist how they kept their teeth clean, turns out almost everyone does it wrong. So I got an electric toothbrush and now brush each side of my teeth for 5 seconds. I also floss everyday too. I built this habit by adding it to my daily task list and listening to audiobooks whilst doing it.
  • Didn't sleep properly (I now go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 5am everyday without an alarm, I also wake up fully refreshed every time). Did this by going to the gym each day at regular times and then kept going to bed at the same time, I also set my PC to auto shutdown each day at 7:30pm.
  • Chronically procrastinated, I could go days without doing anything. This was the hardest negative trait to get rid of, it took me 6 months of constantly working and setting new goals to finally rid myself of it. Basically constantly working eventually became the new norm.
  • Had a tendency to try something without a goal in mind and then easily give up. I solved this by only doing the things that interested me and setting strict goals. I also only allowed myself to do 1 or 2 things at a time to force myself to prioritise what was important.
  • My spending was too high, I'd buy things that didn't make a huge difference to me and/or cost too much at the time. Learning the principles and doing investing changed that for me. At first I'd make myself write a list of all the pro's and cons of buying stuff which helped, now I just do it in my head.
  • Everyday I had a list of things to do (both new habits and actual work), I set myself rewards for achieving them e.g watch tv show and punishments for not e.g eat some horrible tasting healthy food. I had my brother keep track and ensure I did follow through. I paid him for it and he loved the idea of watching me eat some horrible tasting food.

I can seriously say habit forming has completely changed my life. The best part of it is that whilst it is hard to form a habit once you have it becomes easy. I do all my work without thinking or putting in any extra effort. I can't go to bed without going to the gym, brushing and flossing my teeth. I can't eat junk food without automatically checking the calories and ingredient list which immediately makes me not want it.

When I was at school there people who always insisted they didn't try and yet always did really well. I'd always assumed they were just showing off but talking to one of my high flying friends recently I found that wasn't true. He would get home, sit down and did all his homework and then go and eat and do other things. I asked him how he didn't get distracted, it turns out his parents for years made him do it and it eventually became a habit. Years later he was still doing it but he wasn't putting in any effort which is why he always insisted he wasn't trying.

I still do all the things I want but now I don't beat myself up for doing something stupid as I generally avoid doing them. When I do it's just something I add to my list of things to work on.

One thing I'd say about habit forming is that it is hard to start and that you should focus on doing only 1 thing at a time. Until you keep doing it automatically without reminders you shouldn't do anything else. Also periodically review (say weekly) to see how you're doing. You're going to mess up and that's okay as long as you get straight back on it again, don't put it off for later or tomorrow, just get back on it now.

For me changing my diet took about 6 months and I had a lot of failures along the way, but I made sure that I kept getting straight back on it and eventually the habit formed and stuck, now I eat healthily effortlessly.

Morning mitpat,

I just woke up and noticed the thread, was not expecting to see you back on CPA Elites so fast actually. Not that much has changed really, people come and they go and Elites is still doing well and ticking along. The CPA world is the same although there have been new platforms becoming more popular than others.

I can relate to many of the points you mentioned above. I now go to the gym most days, but before would miss days due to getting lazy, it's easy to get lazy once you hit a certain milestone online which is why many end up losing all their money because they never make back up websites with SEO / accounts on platforms, for example.

Welcome back!

Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat. I've come across so many great businesses that do just 1 thing but do them really well. They all do something they really care about and it shows. They also make a lot of money.

Like building habits doing something you enjoy makes it feel like fun rather than work.

As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

http://pinchofyum.com/category/making-mo...-food-blog

Thanks given by: freezone , FasterThanLight
10-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Quote:Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat. I've come across so many great businesses that do just 1 thing but do them really well. They all do something they really care about and it shows. They also make a lot of money.

Like building habits doing something you enjoy makes it feel like fun rather than work.

As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

http:///category/making-money-from-a-food-blog

Quote:Honestly I still think the biggest mistake people make is to think short term and inevitably go blackhat.

Yes you're right and it's because most want the fast money, and don't think ahead the way the guys earning consistently do.

Quote:As an example take a look at the following site, they talk about all the money make and spend and even the lessons they've learn't. I've posted the links to their income pages but make sure you don't just look at the numbers. Make sure you read the details in each post as they're a goldmine. People are so lazy that these people have been posting for years exactly what they're doing with no repercussions. They've actually made even more money by being so open about what they do and how much money they make.

If you find your niche and stick at it like they have you can make a living out of it, I must agree WH comes with a lot less headaches overall since getting flagged/reported or whatever does not really come with much risk. Again though most people want the fast money so tend to put aside the risk factor and take the gamble.

[MONSTER] CPA MARKETING TOOLBOX [VIDEOS AND TEXT GUIDES]
Hawks CPA Elites - CPA Marketing Starters Course [VIDEOS]
Super Awesome Mass Planner Settings Guide With Earnings Proof

Share This:

Elites Related Threads
Thread: Author Views: Last Post
[+18 ONLY] Adult Traffic - Video Copyrights BlackHole™ 808 11-11-2016 05:40 PM
Last Post: dreadz0
18 FREE LANDING PAGE SCRIPTS FOR PPD/CPA MONEY MAKING Ben Mitch 1,920 10-02-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: Lucy
Give a CPA Trick and Get One VPS Free 1 Months Mehedi 1,752 06-10-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: chamacoe
3 months goal Pav 296 02-24-2016 06:19 AM
Last Post: LeoDios
How can I monetize FB page with womans 18-40 rejoin14 287 01-29-2016 03:37 AM
Last Post: rejoin14

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top