Microsoft sent me this, should i be worried?
2015-06-17, 03:37 PM,
Quote:, which appears to be on servers under your control, is an illegitimate website that attempts to mimic or “spoof” a Microsoft site. The website is designed to look like an MSN Hotmail page and attempts to collect Sign-in and Password information of visitors. Based on our investigation it appears that the website is unauthorized and unrelated to Microsoft, and likely constitutes an improper attempt to obtain MSN Passport passwords of unsuspecting visitors.

We are asking that you investigate the website at issue and consider whether this activity is in violation of your terms of service. In order to protect innocent visitors to the site from being misled or injured, we request that you remove the pages located at

We also make the urgent request that you take the necessary action to prevent the destruction of and to preserve all records in your custody or control related to this Internet site, account holder or subscriber, including without limitation, electronic records, customer and billing information, log files and other session data, documentation and any other information relating to this account.

If you have any questions, please contact us by replying to this email. We appreciate your prompt cooperation in this matter. Please advise us regarding what actions you take.

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Bywaters

Internet Investigator

On behalf of:

Microsoft - OSG

One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, United States of America

E-mail: notice@microsoft-antipiracy.com

It is my main earner to be honest, does this look legit?
2015-06-17, 03:48 PM,
If you're site is a phising site I don't see why this isn't legit...
2015-06-17, 03:57 PM,
It isn't phising site, its classic online code generator.
2015-06-17, 04:06 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-06-17, 04:06 PM by Snoopy.)
Code:
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at microsoft-antipiracy.com
Is there anything more to say?

Check the ip of the sender.
2015-06-17, 04:23 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2015-06-17, 04:29 PM by chopter.)
IP belongs to these servers http://www.coreix.net/
It seems legit to be honest...
2015-06-17, 05:05 PM,
If in anyway at all your site "Clones" the login form of outlook then yes it is classed as a phishing site. They will try to shut your site down if you insist on pushing there buttons. You could just let it side and see what happens right?

Ive made clones for all the major social networks for usernames and passwords youd be surprised how much account information you can get in a day. This was done as a social experiment of course.... but yeah, it's frowned upon so re evaluate your website and decide whether or not what your doing is right.

On the other hand if it was really Microsoft they would pass on the claim to your webhosting and you will be getting an angry email from them.

To be honest though it looks like a retarded email.

Thomas Bywaters
Internet Investigator <<< is that really the job title rofl

On behalf of:
Microsoft - OSG
One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, United States of America << easily googled would be an outhouse team that investigates this kind of thing surely?

E-mail: notice@microsoft-antipiracy.com <<< it is a legit email extension but "notice" cant find a reference.

Just do a bit of googling first and see if it makes any sense.
2015-06-17, 06:32 PM,
I already received letter from hosting but then i told them that i do not have a clone of microsoft login site and they reactivated this. The only thing i am worried about if they sue me for doing xbox code generator.
2015-06-17, 10:51 PM,
Why dont you guys stop goin on shitty hosts instead join a Offshore DMCA ignored hosting.
2015-06-17, 10:52 PM,
2015-06-17, 11:45 PM,
1. You can write to them (on their official @microsoft-antypiracy.com email) and say that someone is trying to scam you and is sending from notice@.. email. Ask them if this email belongs to them.
2. Did you use copyrighted words in your domain name?
3. Did your website was similary looking to the MS website? The same styles, colors etc.
4. Did you ask users for their usernames, emails or other private information.
5. Where do you host your website?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEO, Should I be worried? User 39 2,432 2014-10-02, 01:23 PM
Last Post: CPA Puppy
  Slightly worried. Prototype 15 1,145 2013-09-03, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mnemonic
  GoodBye Microsoft Points Rival 16 1,282 2013-08-27, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Zrich
  Any idea if I should be worried? Apex 6 476 2013-07-05, 03:15 PM
Last Post: AffGenius

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team