Kim Dotcom launches end-to-end encrypted audio and video chat service
2015-01-23, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 2015-01-23, 01:08 AM by AdludumIbrahim.)
I'm sure a lot of you guys are familiar with MEGA. The founder Kim Dotcom has released an awesome new chat service today that's fully 2048 encrypted. Been waiting for this one for a while and it finally got released.

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2015/01/22/ki...t-service/

Kim's also got plans for an Internet 2.0. A free, fully encrypted internet service. Kim is definitely one of the most important figures out there on the subject of internet privacy at the moment.
2015-01-23, 01:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 2015-01-23, 01:38 AM by BlackHatSEO.)
I don't trust in any product of Kim Schmitz, because he could again work together with the FBI or some other services to give them confidential data in return for not being sued again.

The needed certificates are going to be created at server-side, so at Kim's servers. It's very easy to copy them, save them, and possibly give them away again to the police, FBI or other services.

Back in the 1990's he operated as a cracker, hacker, phreaker and theft of credit card data. He was arrested by the police and found an agreement to give them confidential data about crackers, hackers, stolen phone cards and credit card fraud data.

This text is only available at the German Wikipedia unfortunately:

Source: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom#Werdegang

Side note: The lawyer (Guenter Freiherr von Gravenreuth) commited suicide because he was sued for some fraud.

So I don't trust in Kim "Dotcom" Schmitz any more.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2015-01-23 02:32 PM) 

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-01-23, 02:02 AM,
Dont trust anyone even you, but we human being can't survive alone so we have to adjust. Kim is giving a privacy shot atleast we should thank him how every government is trying to snoop in data in the face of sponsored terrorism which will stop automatically once the political figures stops sponsering it.
2015-01-23, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 2015-01-23, 07:15 AM by AdludumIbrahim.)
(2015-01-23, 01:19 AM)BlackHatSEO Wrote: I don't trust in any product of Kim Schmitz, because he could again work together with the FBI or some other services to give them confidential data in return for not being sued again.

The needed certificates are going to be created at server-side, so at Kim's servers. It's very easy to copy them, save them, and possibly give them away again to the police, FBI or other services.

Back in the 1990's he operated as a cracker, hacker, phreaker and theft of credit card data. He was arrested by the police and found an agreement to give them confidential data about crackers, hackers, stolen phone cards and credit card fraud data.

Source: /wiki/Kim_Dotcom#Werdegang

Side note: The lawyer (Guenter Freiherr von Gravenreuth) commited suicide because he was sued for some fraud.

That's very true, there's definitely a possibility for that!

Interesting read btw, didn't know about those incidents. I know he used to do ton of phreaking, cr@cking and hacking and all that jazz back in the day but the lawyer's incident is a new one for me. Thanks for that point :).
2015-01-23, 02:34 PM,
(2015-01-23, 01:19 AM)BlackHatSEO Wrote: I don't trust in any product of Kim Schmitz, because he could again work together with the FBI or some other services to give them confidential data in return for not being sued again.

(2015-01-23, 07:13 AM)AdludumIbrahim Wrote:

That's very true, there's definitely a possibility for that!

Interesting read btw, didn't know about those incidents. I know he used to do ton of phreaking, cr@cking and hacking and all that jazz back in the day but the lawyer's incident is a new one for me. Thanks for that point :).

Interesting though, thanks both of you. Just read over both of the links.
I have to agree with BlackHatSEO to be honest, I would not personally trust him.
2015-01-23, 04:44 PM,
... on the other hand, I am eagerly awaiting an encrypted Skype alternative.

This place is intentionally left blank.
2015-01-29, 10:47 AM,
Sorry for bumping this, just found this thread when searching through recent posts.
Interesting reads by all means, but like others have stated before me, I personally wouldn't trust it. I trust mega, but for some reason, just not this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YouTube hiring 10,000 fulltime video flaggers Elites_Mate 14 498 2017-12-12, 10:14 PM
Last Post: bratt01
  Discord CPA Group Chat Korea 2 206 2017-10-26, 05:43 PM
Last Post: TotalTrue
  Saw this video and was like What the hell!! vegetajgd 5 271 2017-08-20, 11:22 PM
Last Post: DrKent
  Your favourite video game character mogansi 11 425 2017-07-09, 04:05 PM
Last Post: CriticSay
  What did your school friends end up doing for jobs now? shadow98 9 359 2017-07-09, 12:55 AM
Last Post: andrew43

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top