Is the evolution of technology ever gonna come to a stop?
2014-03-23, 09:43 AM,
Hey guys, I constantly ask myself this question but I can't find an anwser.

Do you think the evolution of technology will ever stop? I mean, there must be a point where we discovered everything there is to be discovered... But every day, we see more and more crazy stuff... How far is technology going to go?

Would love to hear your opinions on this matter!
Latest Thanks - View all

Blog2Show(2014-03-23 10:07 AM) 

[Image: YkG7ADW.png]
2014-03-23, 10:01 AM,
When i was a kid i was dreaming that one day i will be able to enter an alternative world, which would be completely virtual, something like GTA game and do what ever i want without any consequences and that i would had a watch where i could adjust my height, weight, performances, add cash, health etc... hahaha. And all that would be played in my head or at last through the glasses like we can see nowadays and controlled completely by my brain, but i think we are few hundreds of years away from that so i guess no worries about technology being stopped improving.

Joke on the side, there is still a lot to be innovated and improved, for some close future i hope to see wireless electricity, just like Tesla wanted to make it happen, and i think it will be globally available through next decade, for a little bit far future i think that computers will be able to manipulate with a lot of human body organs and functions, which ( i hope so ) will be used in curing hard diseases painlessly, quickly and more affordable and in the same time humans will be able to predict and prevent some health issues by reading the body functions, in other words biotechnology will improve drastically, there are already huge improvements, but some of them are marked as biohacking and shut down really quickly. In a far future i hope that brains will be readable just like HDDs nowadays, that someday people will be able to simply input the knowledge of something in their head, for example, instead of studying the economics, you can simply put the economics.brainfileextension(:D) in your head and have all necessary knowledge to work as a economic.
Latest Thanks - View all

alexparris(2014-04-29 03:48 AM) Blog2Show(2014-03-23 10:07 AM) Gabe(2014-03-23 10:04 AM) 
2014-03-23, 10:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 2014-03-23, 10:03 AM by Blog2Show.)
No technology will never stop till the end of the world

Everything will be robotic "EVERYTHING"

PS i agree with the @OP i was dreaming that too but it was just a dream so far :/
2014-03-23, 10:06 AM,
(2014-03-23, 10:01 AM)dar1x Wrote: When i was a kid i was dreaming that one day i will be able to enter an alternative world, which would be completely virtual, something like GTA game and do what ever i want without any consequences and that i would had a watch where i could adjust my height, weight, performances, add cash, health etc... hahaha. And all that would be played in my head or at last through the glasses like we can see nowadays and controlled completely by my brain, but i think we are few hundreds of years away from that so i guess no worries about technology being stopped improving.

Joke on the side, there is still a lot to be innovated and improved, for some close future i hope to see wireless electricity, just like Tesla wanted to make it happen, and i think it will be globally available through next decade, for a little bit far future i think that computers will be able to manipulate with a lot of human body organs and functions, which ( i hope so ) will be used in curing hard diseases painlessly, quickly and more affordable and in the same time humans will be able to predict and prevent some health issues by reading the body functions, in other words biotechnology will improve drastically, there are already huge improvements, but some of them are marked as biohacking and shut down really quickly. In a far future i hope that brains will be readable just like HDDs nowadays, that someday people will be able to simply input the knowledge of something in their head, for example, instead of studying the economics, you can simply put the economics.brainfileextension(:D) in your head and have all necessary knowledge to work as a economic.

(2014-03-23, 10:02 AM)Blog2Show Wrote: No technology will never stop till the end of the world

Everything will be robotic "EVERYTHING"

PS i agree with the @OP i was dreaming that too but it was just a dream so far :/

Yeah, that's what scares me though. Technology taking over humans, I mean it sounds silly right now but at the rate we are advancing... Like what you just said with the HDD in the head, what would knowledge be worth then? Everyone would be geniuses and stuff...
Latest Thanks - View all

Blog2Show(2014-03-23 10:07 AM) 

[Image: YkG7ADW.png]
2014-03-23, 10:37 AM,
Actually they won't, brain reader would probably cost few billions of dollars, we are in capitalism mate :) and if biotechnology will only be used for positive things then it will be great, as it could save millions of lives who dies due to diseases which can't, or barely can, be cured nowadays.

Its hard for us to predict anything, if anyone would told me 15 years ago that 3d printers will be widely available and that they will actually work today I would told him that he's insane.
Latest Thanks - View all

Blog2Show(2014-03-23 10:43 AM) 
2014-03-28, 01:00 AM,
No...it's never gonna stop!Have you ever heard about Moore's Law?Also wireless electricity exists,but high frequencies are harmfull for our bodies...
2014-03-28, 07:07 AM,
I don't think it will ever stop, we are just on the tip of the iceberg with a lot of things like space travel, nano bot technology, cybernetics etc. Scientists and Engineers are always discovering new things, look at sci-fi Movies and some of the technologies in them, thay seem impossible but yet in my life so far I have seen things from them become a reality (which is exciting) and there are millions of new ideas just waiting to be discovered, a lot of them are important to our lives, "Necessity is the mother of invention" as they say!
2014-03-28, 02:01 PM,
Depends on what you mean by technology. Igniting a fire is technology although it's primitive to us today. As there are other species in the universe and in Earth itself I think that even if humanity somehow dissapearred evolution of technology even though different would exist as long as there are thinking creatures.

Will in my opinion evolution of technology destroy humanity? Everything is possible but we can't just sit and do nothing to avoid extinction. There would be no point at all to live in stagnation.
2014-03-28, 02:09 PM,
I'd say we're lucky to have witnessed (can easily look back with recordings from old cameras) the tech evolve within the past 100 years.
2014-03-28, 04:13 PM,
I don't think it's ever gonna stop. I like to take cellphones as the "indicators" of technological advance. I mean, about 15 years ago I had a Nokia 3210. It was awesome. I had a Siemens C55 than which was even better with it's GPRS technology. And a Nokia nGage. Than a Siemens SX1. Got an Android phone, and moved to a better Android phone. I mean, literally, EVERY of my gadget stuffs are just getting better and better outperforming the previous ones I had for the same purpose. MP3 players, TVs, gaming consoles, microwave ovens, water heaters, even cars. This is an endless list.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should We Stop Smoking interwent 12 355 2017-10-10, 12:28 PM
Last Post: iastaff
  Gonna buy iPhoneX?? TheDutchLegend 35 678 2017-09-21, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Mesina
  Would you stop a knife attacker in random place? ltsune 17 621 2017-07-09, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Yushin
  Evolution Of The Desk kderow 3 521 2016-02-08, 06:29 AM
Last Post: BlackBurnX3
  Windows 10: Secure Your Privacy & Stop the Spying | The Basics HawkEye 0 347 2015-09-03, 03:27 PM
Last Post: HawkEye

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top