Is Facebook about to die (video)
2018-03-24, 09:18 PM,
(2018-03-24, 08:24 PM)subhomsarkar Wrote: oh cmon 4 out of 10 people doesn't even know exactly what and how this data breach happened, 3 doesn't even care, rest 3 awaring people by (fb, whats app, instagram lol :| seriously) fb will never die , mark will always rule the online social world.

That is true! I agree with you mate.
Share This Thread :

2018-03-24, 11:40 PM,
Lets see if Facebook lose its users in future, for now, it is doing great!
2018-03-25, 12:26 AM,
Tesla and SpaceX deleted their Facebook pages. Several companies stopped their ads.

Anyone who has ever discovered the background of Facebook apps knows that this is just the beginning...
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2018-03-25 01:19 AM) 

My latest thread: 3 to 5 Million US$ revenue

[Image: giphy.gif]

Automate your daily work with Bots!
Then you'll have more time to sleep. ;-)
2018-03-25, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 2018-03-25, 05:57 AM by euforio.)
Lol the same thing happen with youtube last year when there is company ads on terrorist video and now what? All big advertiser and brand are back because without ads they loose money . In 2 month you will see some hidden meeting between FB and big company/agency to lower the cpm of their ad like google do in the past and all will be fine again
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2018-03-25 01:29 PM) 
2018-03-25, 01:56 PM,
(2018-03-24, 03:59 PM)ashpaul Wrote: I think facebook will die sooner, but so many people still use it. Especially in my country.

(2018-03-24, 04:18 PM)CPAGangster Wrote: Not really sure and I don't even care about it. Never joined facebook and never will do.

(2018-03-24, 04:54 PM)Mr. Tokyo Wrote: I think as long as there's no similar alternative which put users 100% in control of their own data, Facebook will be fine.

(2018-03-24, 06:46 PM)Ishraa Wrote: I disagree with the guy, facebook is still doing great with its unique features and big community.

(2018-03-24, 07:18 PM)Overflame Wrote: This guy sounds like fun, I personally never had a social media account where I share personal stuff so I don't really care, facebook IMO is a fake social media platform that treats people like stats, just look at this:
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore...q=facebook
I don't know about you but when I see such a graph I can only imagine a fake pump made by facebook.

(2018-03-24, 07:41 PM)DrKent Wrote: Its long dead for me. Its expected to see that something lose popularity on the internet after some time. But, they think on the right time and now we have Instagram (backup plan). They are just shifting places.  Cool

Facebook:
[Image: 0RkJS28.png]

Instagram:
[Image: download_1.png]

So guys, what about Instagram and Whatsapp? They are both owned by Facebook. Cool

(2018-03-24, 08:24 PM)subhomsarkar Wrote: oh cmon 4 out of 10 people doesn't even know exactly what and how this data breach happened, 3 doesn't even care, rest 3 awaring people by (fb, whats app, instagram lol :| seriously) fb will never die , mark will always rule the online social world.

(2018-03-24, 09:12 PM)Mesina Wrote: Facebook is one of the fastest evolving platforms I've encountered in my life.

I think they are doing a pretty good job adapting.

For the question whether it is dying or not?

We are yet to find out!

(2018-03-24, 09:18 PM)JustPlainLucas Wrote:

That is true! I agree with you mate.

(2018-03-24, 11:40 PM)ferb67 Wrote: Lets see if Facebook lose its users in future, for now, it is doing great!

(2018-03-25, 12:26 AM)CharlieHarper Wrote: Tesla and SpaceX deleted their Facebook pages. Several companies stopped their ads.

Anyone who has ever discovered the background of Facebook apps knows that this is just the beginning...

(2018-03-25, 05:54 AM)euforio Wrote: Lol the same thing happen with youtube last year when there is company ads on terrorist video and now what? All big advertiser and brand are back because without ads they loose money . In 2 month you will see some hidden meeting between FB and big company/agency to lower the cpm of their ad like google do in the past  and all will be fine again

Since we're discussing Facebook we should consider the other very big significant problem that is Google. 

Here's my thoughts regarding Google.

Using Google would be just as bad too. Google are literally using the data they have on every website, the keywords that people are using to ask questions and find your site, and they have spidered the text on the page, so they know what the answer is that people are looking for when they arrive.

This is what the zero search results are about. If they can serve an actual definitive answer to a question, and there's no reason for the searcher to go look for other opinions.. then they are going to blank out all other websites and try to keep that user on google for longer, spending more time on adverts... shocking.

I have even heard others say the exchange rates are being manipulated too (I checked and I cant see it yet).. but say searching for "what is 2000 GBP in USD".. they might only serve the google currency calculator and underneath.. "Compare holiday money" links for revenue.. cutting out thousands of other websites.

But this can be in any industry.. cars, homes, anything where there is a definitive answer to a query.. and not just someone searching for peoples opinions.

You seen this though?.. zero search results coming soon. Won't be long before Google just serves one answer to every query people have online: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/g...erps.3668/

They will turn from a search engine into a website that provides the info that is most likely taken from everybody's website data they have.

Final thought: As much we do rely on Google, when does it end? Now all the shops are closing -  ToyRUs, Woolworths, BHS, and even more. I can see all large shops closing. As long as Google can manipulate things, knowing it will end up taking out the shops and in return getting them sales online, they will continue to do so.