IMPORTANT! Let's Protect What We All Love!
2015-11-16, 04:18 AM,
After spending a good part of my day chasing spammers with Dutch today… I can’t help but start wondering if we are in need of some major back system upgrades…

I feel the Following Suggests would both help this forum and also lessen the resources needed to run it, allowing our teams to focus their talents in helping our valuable members instead of playing this continual game of cat and mouse.

Option 1: Block all Duplicate Posts for a specific time period.

Inputting a simple system to review a user’s past posts within the last 24 hours and blocking it if it matches would at least stop people from starting 10 threads with the exact same content.

AND/OR Option 2: Add 3 threads a day rule for new users.

This one’s simple… for any users whose account is less than 30 days of age. Place a limitation on the number of threads they can start. I failed to get a screen shot but early today the user http://www.cpaelites.com/User-mollykate was successfully able to create 10 threads in almost every section with the EXACT same name and content… thus … within a matter of a few minutes basically trashed our forum. New users should not have this kind of power… and need to be put on a leash…

AND/OR Option 3: Add Secret 24 hour cool down period.

Add a 24 hour evaluation period on the first post/thread a new user makes. And as long as no issues (reports) arise from it… let the system allow them to continue posting… because if a new user does mean us harm, as soon as they realize their first attempted LQ thread will be evaluated they wont bother coming back.

I just care about this forum a great deal, and do not want it to turn into a donkfeast of spam.

These measures could help protect something we all hold so dear.

Thank you for your consideration.

LONG LIVE CPA ELITES!

~MoneyCashers
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2015-11-17 03:16 PM) 

Even if you don't believe in yourself... I will. :)

[Image: banner3.jpg]
2015-11-16, 02:44 PM,
Thanks for the suggestions MoneyCashers, I'll let Verilog respond since he knows what can be done mostly.
Latest Thanks - View all

MoneyCashers(2015-11-16 03:21 PM) 
2015-11-16, 03:20 PM,
(2015-11-16, 02:44 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions MoneyCashers, I'll let Verilog respond since he knows what can be done mostly.

Alright and It's my pleasure Hawk :)

~MoneyCashers
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2015-11-16 03:21 PM) 

Even if you don't believe in yourself... I will. :)

[Image: banner3.jpg]
2015-11-16, 07:49 PM,
you have some good suggestions there, It will make the forum more spam-free in the future

[Image: di1WHG0.png?1]
2015-11-17, 01:27 AM,
Hi Moneycashers, Please see my responses below :-
Option 1: Block all Duplicate Posts for a specific time period.
Verilog: Yes, it is a very nice suggestion. We will do it.

AND/OR Option 2: Add 3 threads a day rule for new users.
Verilog: There are very large number of restrictions placed on new users and making 3 threads rule a day will restrict some genuine users who are here to know about CPA or share some stuff.

AND/OR Option 3: Add Secret 24 hour cool down period.
Verilog: Again same thing, suppose you came to elites from google and saw Elites having users who have genuine knowledge about CPA/PPD. User than posted a thread but he was not able to even see the thread, the user who wanted to find the result or answer will go back to google and check other website links for his answer.
Elites lost two things in the process,
1. A user who wanted a genuine solution to his problem and would have become active
2. Bounce rate on Elites increase because user got back to google
It is a very dangerous thing to do, specially when we want users to join us, it will push users to not become active. If we block basic things than a Guest account and a user account will have no difference.

I accept the (Block all Duplicate Posts for a specific time period.) , it is a genuinely nice suggestion which is needed.
Thanks for posting, it is very helpful to do such things for community :)

/ Thread Closed
Regards
Verilog
Latest Thanks - View all

MoneyCashers(2015-11-18 03:05 AM)  HawkEye(2015-11-17 03:16 PM) 

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top