I need to learn how to judge competition..
2014-04-30, 11:30 PM,
Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone had a guide about learning how to judge SEO competition. When someone says for example that a niche has 38,000 first thing that comes to my mind are google results, but it's WRONG.

So, where do these numbers of SEO competition come from?

HQ Video service, oldest one at CPAElites

Sample --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfLlDLYF28g

Hire service here
2014-04-30, 11:37 PM,
It's not google results it's the number of exact correct searches on google search engine [By Default] with that certain keyword.

When a person say he found a niche with 10,000 searches per month and he made a research about it and found that it got a good ground to use then he found a gold mine since he is the only one in that niche till someone else find that niche too.

So Simply the range various between you and other users.

For Example I can say 3,000 ~ 50,000 searches per month considered for me Low competitive.

60,000 ~ 200,000 considered Medium

you set your own range according to your SEO power and your own ability of ranking stuff.
2014-05-01, 01:31 AM,
(2014-04-30, 11:37 PM)Alexander Wrote: It's not google results it's the number of exact correct searches on google search engine [By Default] with that certain keyword.

When a person say he found a niche with 10,000 searches per month and he made a research about it and found that it got a good ground to use then he found a gold mine since he is the only one in that niche till someone else find that niche too.

For Example I can say 3,000 ~ 50,000 searches per month considered for me Low competitive.

you set your own range according to your SEO power and your own ability of ranking stuff.

so basically you say that seo competition is search per months?
Latest Thanks - View all

Alexander(2014-05-01 04:07 PM) 

Hire service here
2014-05-01, 04:27 PM,
(2014-05-01, 01:31 AM)Pachu Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 11:37 PM)Alexander Wrote: It's not google results it's the number of exact correct searches on google search engine [By Default] with that certain keyword.

so basically you say that seo competition is search per months?

Yeah Just launch keyword planner and check for your niche you will see keyword suggestions with number of searches per month and your main niche keyword with usage per month.

And that is the number of dudes who wrote that in google search engine
2014-05-02, 09:26 AM,
I think of it differently though. Competitiveness of a keyword for me isn't based on the number of average monthly searches but rather the backlink profiles of the sites ranking for that particular keyword. You determine if it's a low,med, or high competition based on how the competition for the keyword are building links to rank. Are they authority sites? old domains? massive spam and rank backlinks? tiered backlinks? 301 redirect probably?

For starters, here's what I do:

1. Login to Google Keyword Planner
2. Think of a niche, type in the desired keyword
3. Sort the results to show something that has a high search volume per month
4. Download and install Market Samurai
5. Do a research on the keyword you've found, using the SEO competition feature.
6. If most sections are green, it's a sign that competition could be easy/low.
7. Now check the backlink profiles of the ranked sites and see where their links are coming from and how they're building links. If you've concluded that links are of low quality and quantity, then you have found a goldmine.
2014-05-02, 02:00 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-02, 02:37 PM by Night_Wolf.)
(2014-04-30, 11:30 PM)Pachu Wrote: Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone had a guide about learning how to judge SEO competition. When someone says for example that a niche has 38,000 first thing that comes to my mind are google results, but it's WRONG.

So, where do these numbers of SEO competition come from?

Number of searches has nothing to do with competition, that's ridiculous. I've seen a million times where a keyword with 1k searches has super heavy competition, while ones with 50k have basically zero.

Now, for competition, the most important thing to do is look at things like:

- Do they have onpage SEO done: if they do, than they are most likely targeting those keywords. If not, than that's a really good sign; if none of the top 5 guys have onpage done, than that's a VERY good indicator. You can check it just in Google results, or I prefer to use Market Samurai (PM for 45 days free trial link that you can re-use all the time)

Example - Clash of clans hack:
[Image: 3448s2t.png]
From Google search
[Image: 28lxs8o.png]
From Market Samurai - keyword is in Title, URL, Description and H1

- Check the number and type of backlinks that they have:
[Image: 2q87fc3.png]
RDP - number of referring domains
BLP - backlinks to that page
BLEG - number of edu/gov links

As you can see these guys are killing it, this is extremely high competition.

You can further check first few guys in MajesticSEO to check their anchors and types of links:
[Image: xszv6.png]
First guy has 29% target anchors on Clash of clans hack, you can bet that he is churning that keyword.

You can also see that the first guy has bought a domain from 2007 that probably already had very good stats, so he had a big advantage:
http://prntscr.com/3fduv9

You can go deeper than this, but this is just to give you an idea.
Latest Thanks - View all

ribbit(2014-05-02 06:15 PM) Pachu(2014-05-02 02:22 PM) 

Need HQ Web 2.0's For Your Tier 1 Links? Tired Of Making Them By Yourself?
Superior Web 2.0 Service On CPAElites - Click Below!

[Image: f20a3c.png]
2014-05-02, 02:24 PM,
Very very detailed keywords. Thank you A LOT, i really appreciated this.

Hire service here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [HELP] I Want To Learn How To Get Leads In CPABuild.com IbanYT 7 550 2017-07-23, 03:22 PM
Last Post: mehul121
  How Many of you wanna Learn PPD in Hindi/ URDU CheersFile 18 1,501 2017-03-07, 03:06 AM
Last Post: snaponsin
  Recommend a tool for keyword competition analysis? ArmyOfOne 6 457 2017-02-25, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Xaos
  HOW TO| Competition analysis and keyword research? Liverpool F.C 3 512 2017-01-02, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Xaos
  What does this mean for competition? 4eller 2 526 2016-12-20, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Chedda

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top