I am going to my first ever solo travel to Portugal!
2016-03-06, 06:38 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2016-03-15, 03:58 AM by chopter.)
Decided to go to Portugal instead. I bought the plane tickets. I will be landing in Porto. Going at 7th April!

2016-03-06, 11:30 AM,
don't be scared, go read some travel tips and don't forget the most important gadget that you need which is camera and cellphone so in case that you missing you can text your relatives thats it :)
Latest Thanks - View all

chopter(2016-03-06 04:56 PM) 
2016-03-06, 04:51 PM,
that's great, but why istanbul? go thailend or ibiza or something.
2016-03-06, 06:52 PM,
(2016-03-06, 04:51 PM)Zeus1 Wrote: that's great, but why istanbul? go thailend or ibiza or something.

Since this is my first travel and i have like 7 days off so going to asia would require more time. Asia is my next destination. Istanbul seems like very interesting city where east meets west therefore there is alot of place to go to that would be interesting.

Look at this video. :)

This city looks amazing

[Image: Istanbul-panorama-2.jpg]
2016-03-06, 07:12 PM,
We were supposed to go to Istanbul from school but they changed the destination to Athena, Greece because Istanbul is too dangerous at the moment because of ISIS..
2016-03-06, 07:43 PM,
(2016-03-06, 07:12 PM)Priceless Wrote: We were supposed to go to Istanbul from school but they changed the destination to Athena, Greece because Istanbul is too dangerous at the moment because of ISIS..

I got to look it up. When were you supposed to go?
2016-03-06, 07:58 PM,
(2016-03-06, 07:43 PM)chopter Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 07:12 PM)Priceless Wrote: We were supposed to go to Istanbul from school but they changed the destination to Athena, Greece because Istanbul is too dangerous at the moment because of ISIS..

I got to look it up. When were you supposed to go?

in 2 weeks. But it isn't that serious.. It's with school so they try to be extremly safe with students you know. They are scared of what happened in the past in Turkey
2016-03-06, 09:01 PM,
although turkey is not the best choice for tourism, just going solo with a good stuffed pocket will be a hell of an experience
2016-03-07, 12:31 AM,
I'm living in Istanbul. Our city hosts many cultures and also no ISIS here.
World media shows us like monsters. The fact that we are welcoming society.

For OP, I recommend you visit the European side. You can get across the ferry to Uskudar and very nice air of the bosphorus.

Some districts might be dangerous for our city. Don't go these places;
Maltepe Gülsuyu, Güngören, Karagümrük, Esenyurt-Örnektepe mahallesi, Esenler-Karabayır, Küçükçekmece Kanarya, Şişli Kuştepe, Bağcılar, Beyoğlu,Tarlabaşı, Okmeydanı, Fikirtepe, Sarıgöl, Hacihusrev, Gaziosmanpaşa Gazı mahallesi Küçükköy, Bayrampaşa.

Safe places to go where the quality;
Bebek, Nişantaşı, Arnavutköy, Kadıköy, Teşvikiye, Yeşilköy, Moda, Çengelköy(Kandilli), Kabataş(Fındıklı sırtları), Üsküdar(Salacak)

In these days, one thing is popular on tourists. Don't go to the nightclub with an woman you just met. She will take place as previously negotiated.
They want high fees to drink beverages, even a glass of beer can be $100 or more. They cause problems if you don't pay the money.

Finally, i want to say;
Before leaving on vacation, get the phone number of the consulate.
I hope you enjoyed the holiday, have fun :)
2016-03-09, 05:58 AM,
(2016-03-07, 12:31 AM)ayucuk Wrote:
I'm living in Istanbul. Our city hosts many cultures and also no ISIS here.
World media shows us like monsters. The fact that we are welcoming society.

For OP, I recommend you visit the European side. You can get across the ferry to Uskudar and very nice air of the bosphorus.

Some districts might be dangerous for our city. Don't go these places;
Maltepe Gülsuyu, Güngören, Karagümrük, Esenyurt-Örnektepe mahallesi, Esenler-Karabayır, Küçükçekmece Kanarya, Şişli Kuştepe, Bağcılar, Beyoğlu,Tarlabaşı, Okmeydanı, Fikirtepe, Sarıgöl, Hacihusrev, Gaziosmanpaşa Gazı mahallesi Küçükköy, Bayrampaşa.

Safe places to go where the quality;
Bebek, Nişantaşı, Arnavutköy, Kadıköy, Teşvikiye, Yeşilköy, Moda, Çengelköy(Kandilli), Kabataş(Fındıklı sırtları), Üsküdar(Salacak)

In these days, one thing is popular on tourists. Don't go to the nightclub with an woman you just met. She will take place as previously negotiated.
They want high fees to drink beverages, even a glass of beer can be $100 or more. They cause problems if you don't pay the money.

Finally, i want to say;
Before leaving on vacation, get the phone number of the consulate.
I hope you enjoyed the holiday, have fun :)

Thank you for your reply. It got me bit scared at first but did some thinking and research about the scams and stories. The good weight up the bad so i decided i am still going. Will be new experience for me and i am looking forward to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About time travel.. andrew43 19 578 2017-09-28, 09:34 PM
Last Post: cutetix
  Portugal - Albania 0-1 !!! finnishhacker 7 606 2014-09-08, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Zatorey
  [FIFA] Germany vs. Portugal Ignore 29 1,767 2014-06-17, 05:48 PM
Last Post: puiocu
  Is time travel possible? HawkEye 19 1,371 2014-05-04, 05:35 AM
Last Post: DeFactos
  Where to travel? Do you plan on going travelling? chopter 15 1,157 2014-03-22, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Cargo

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top