I Bricked My Mom's Lenovo A606 Android Phone
2016-05-09, 10:55 PM,
(This post was last modified: 2016-05-09, 10:57 PM by peacemaker.)
What is a Bricked Phone?
A bricked phone means one thing: your phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. It is, for all intents and purposes, as useful as a brick.
(source: lifehacker)

Fortunately, i only soft-bricked my mom's phone. The phone's whole hardware is working but the firmware was damaged (the android itself, it can still be fixed flashing). My mom was so angry at me when I handed it back to her. It's still not been fully paid because it is an installment plan from a estore on a nearby mall so there's a reason for her to be mad at me, it is expensive and new ofcourse.

What happened?
Well. this Lenovo phone gave a notification that don't go away. It says "Update your Firmware" something like that ( i think it's lenovo's service to update their phones". I did press the notif and continue updating the firmware for the said phone and completed it without any problem at all. Then suddenly it goes turned off after that, i thought it was a normal, and turned it back on and voila!! It goes on android recovery mode.

What I did?
I restore it to factory setting / reset using the recovery mode. Didn't workout, i tried flashing it with a new OS, computer cant detect the phone using an OTG. I tried everything possible fix, still didn't worked out for me. I was very scared before i handed it back to my mom.

She did got angry, i was so frustrated that time when this Lenovo damaged my good reputation to my mom. Now she has no trust in me just because of that update button that I didn't expect to happen.

But thanks to that highly skilled technician on a nearby electronics shop he did fixed the problem for my mom in 1 hour. I said to my mom it wasn't my fault, i updated it properly. I wonder what happened and how that technician fixed the phone.

BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH just slapped me in the face.

[TUT][HQ] How To Massively Autopost To Targeted FB Groups [HQ][TUT]

With Images | Complete Step By Step Tutorial | SKYPE: lust4money_ph@outlook.com (Darwin Laganzon)
2016-05-09, 11:01 PM,
If she lost all her trust in you because a accident broke her phone then maybe you and your mother should sit down have a talk.
Latest Thanks - View all

peacemaker(2016-05-10 10:56 AM) 
2016-05-09, 11:04 PM,
I've been on the Android ROM dev scene for a few years now and I've bricked and unbricked phones along the way. Soft-Bricks are very common and easy to solve most times.

A quick google search of unbrick and the phone model should point you to a detailed tutorial on how to unbrick the device if the device/issue is fairly common.
Latest Thanks - View all

peacemaker(2016-05-10 10:55 AM) 
2016-05-10, 10:59 AM,
(2016-05-09, 11:01 PM)Daenerys Wrote: If she lost all her trust in you because a accident broke her phone then maybe you and your mother should sit down have a talk.

Right, maybe after her mood settle down. :)

(2016-05-09, 11:04 PM)janonymous Wrote: I've been on the Android ROM dev scene for a few years now and I've bricked and unbricked phones along the way. Soft-Bricks are very common and easy to solve most times.

A quick google search of unbrick and the phone model should point you to a detailed tutorial on how to unbrick the device if the device/issue is fairly common.

I did yes and and i found out that Odin and SP Flash can fix the issue. The main problem is that computers cannot find the device connected via OTG USB cable even I installed the correct and latest Lenovo USB Driver. :( I wonder how that technician fix the phone Shock

With Images | Complete Step By Step Tutorial | SKYPE: lust4money_ph@outlook.com (Darwin Laganzon)
2016-05-10, 11:02 AM,
to recover your reputation just buy her a new iphone 6S Plus. She might be very happy :)
2016-05-10, 11:04 AM,
Haha nice idea. But that would be expensive stuff to avail. I'm just starting to recover my taken down site and still ranking it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time you spend with your mobile phone iBrobot 21 436 2017-10-04, 12:20 AM
Last Post: zenious
  iOS or Android? santa11 8 377 2017-06-07, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Logic420
  Kung Fu Trucker gets his Revenge on Phone thief YoBroGo 11 441 2017-06-01, 09:04 AM
Last Post: shibrampalli
  Which is the best phone for IM Youtubeviews 11 517 2017-04-16, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Youtubeviews
  Creating an iOS + Android app for my community! RockstarSEO 14 771 2017-03-22, 02:50 AM
Last Post: pingsai

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top