Human verification of uploaded tools
2017-11-08, 01:03 AM,
(2017-11-08, 12:19 AM)Verilog Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 10:28 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 08:15 PM)Verilog Wrote: They will be moderated, this will be added in the website rules and we will not allow users to post download links to illegal cracked softwares.

Ah ok. Then I misunderstood your "close the download section".
It will not be closed, only thing is it will become tutorial section.

(2017-11-07, 10:57 PM)SwiffJustus Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ltnm40_GRGz1r5qrimo1_500.gif]
PARDON THE INTERUPTION

If I could chime in for a moment...and you know I am.

While prevention is always a good thing when it comes to protecting the community from harms way we can sometimes overthink these things.
Intervention & Education are some simple but powerful tools along with another even more powerful one...
COMMON SENSE!

Now as Verilog stated it is better just to shut that downloads section down cause the days of sharing these cracked software's without someone's nefarious intentions has gone the way of the Dinosaur and there are some Forums that specialize in that and ones I really wouldn't trust -lol

I would say in a Perfect world you could have a forced educational and safety video that has to be watched before anyone could even visit a given site, sorta like the email and newsletter thingys, really simple if a bit inconvenient. Giving visitors a nice Heads up and some of the Main things to look out for while visiting these types of Forums, I know it seems like it would be a Lot but Not really, you could Hit em with the Hardcore Badstuff to be aware of pretty quickly.
But That won't happen for two reasons, One, most site owners wont take the chance at running off potential members for making them have to watch this tutorial though most say the communities safety is their number one priority.
TWO, You could put up warnings BIG AS THE INTERNET and there will still be those who will ignore them for a number of reasons, whether it be out of Desperation,Impatience/Hastiness,Ignorance,Cheekiness,Overconfidence,Indestructable..The list can go on but I think you get my point, there are so many factors that can lead down that road, so in the end as someone else just stated in another post above, unfortunately some things will never change and that's not necessarily a bad thing..Per Se'..I mean just as we depend on a steady influx of naïve newcomers to the Internet to do these Surveys and all the Crap that can come with the reasone they complete them , You know, to get The Generator of Game Coins or Free Gift card ...Yes again we meet Our Friend Naiveté and his close ally GREED...The same way we depend on these people we have a fresh crew of Potential internet Marketers coming through.. Brash..wanting that quick buck. Well as Harsh as it may sound as with most things there are Lessons and Learning curves, especially when your chosen route is Shortcuts . So YES There will always be those who will get that Rogue software or nefarious SCRIPT Because they were MORE ENTHUSIASTIC THAN CAUTIOUS...so they get Burned... Some Learn from this and Become Even Better Marketers because of the Experience.. See thing is, it is the Gift and The Curse...That same Cavalier reckless, adventurous  Spirit that has Gotten many a marketer BURNED...Is the Same Spirit That Drives the Craft.

So you can Put up all The Walls, Fences, Iron Gates & Invisible Force fields that you want, the body count will continue to mount..Tis The Nature of this Beast we call Internet Marketing and is what we Universally and even sometime affectionately  refer to as COLLATERAL DAMAGE.. Unfortunately it is also apart of the Pulse of what keeps this thing of ours beating..A Necessary Evil!
Whether you agree or not, like it or Not, is of No consequence because one thing for sure is ..IT IS SO!    

Now Lets Not be silly of course we don't stop trying to help people along but I also wouldn't go as far as trying to rebuild and restructure to try and prevent that which is inherently gonna happen..and Im'rs are sorta like that Naughty little hard headed brat, you try to warn them all you want, if they have there mind set it's gonna Happen and you telling them how bad it is in a lot of cases will only have the opposite effect..they will gravitate to it even more, again, that Cavalier Spirit... THE GIFT & THE CURSE I TELL YA...

Now back to your Regularly Scheduled Program...

[Image: gi_PPphy.gif]
There are lot of things which I agree with you and I believe you will understand that it is not easy to enforce users to watch and learn tutorials. The users here are here to make money(via CPA) and NOT to learn any of security(which is the MOST important thing when you are online). The point is, if you are here to make money, you will think - Hell yeah, lets get all the free stuff and store it somewhere in my hard disk otherwise I might miss it if website is down. And sometimes, some people will only keep it downloaded and not even use it and make their system infected and not knowing in place of them making money, someone else is trying to extract out of them. No way you can force anyone to do anything.

HawkEye -
The best possible situation is to make downloads section, a tutorial section and we will have a better explaination of that section.

Thank you everyone for their useful comments and view points. I am very happy to see that elites have members which such good insights :)

Regards
Verilog

/Closed.

Just opening this up again quickly guys, okay so Verilog can you explain exactly what your idea is. Landing pages would still need to be allowed as restricting them would not work. I'm all for putting some type of redirect checker in place but I'm not going to ban it altogether.
Latest Thanks - View all

SwiffJustus(2017-11-08 06:12 AM) 
Share This Thread :

2017-11-08, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 2017-11-08, 05:53 AM by SwiffJustus.)
(2017-11-08, 12:19 AM)Verilog Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 10:28 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2017-11-07, 08:15 PM)Verilog Wrote: They will be moderated, this will be added in the website rules and we will not allow users to post download links to illegal cracked softwares.

Ah ok. Then I misunderstood your "close the download section".

There are lot of things which I agree with you and I believe you will understand that it is not easy to enforce users to watch and learn tutorials. The users here are here to make money(via CPA) and NOT to learn any of security(which is the MOST important thing when you are online). The point is, if you are here to make money, you will think - Hell yeah, lets get all the free stuff and store it somewhere in my hard disk otherwise I might miss it if website is down. And sometimes, some people will only keep it downloaded and not even use it and make their system infected and not knowing in place of them making money, someone else is trying to extract out of them. No way you can force anyone to do anything.

HawkEye -
The best possible situation is to make downloads section, a tutorial section and we will have a better explanation of that section.

Thank you everyone for their useful comments and view points. I am very happy to see that elites have members which such good insights :)

Regards
Verilog

Yes I agree with you Brother we are essentially saying the same thing, Now, about the Warning Video, I just meant I have seen a few sites that Literally force you .. won't grant you access until you've Verified(By check mark) that you've Viewed a Cautionary Video(I'm assuming for No-Liability Purposes as well) - lol...almost Like a Locker, you know the same way some sights won't grant you access unless you sign-up to site first. I mean it's timer base and will open anyway or they can bypass if they notice the small print allowing them to do so but I think the Hopes were that folks would figure if they went through all This the video must be important. But we know better, most will think it a sales pitch and move along and why I say most site owners wouldn't do it.
Won't risk loosing all those visitors Money

Ok Buddy I'll leave you Big Wigs to sort it out, Though I would like to run something by you when you have a spare Moment..

Have a Good day Brother
2017-11-08, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 2017-11-08, 06:19 AM by SwiffJustus.)
(2017-11-08, 01:03 AM)HawkEye Wrote: Just opening this up again quickly guys, okay so Verilog can you explain exactly what your idea is. Landing pages would still need to be allowed as restricting them would not work. I'm all for putting some type of redirect checker in place but I'm not going to ban it altogether.

Think this is a Good call Boss, I assume checking the Landers would be less time consuming than say Checking some of The SHARED Bigger Cracked/ Pirated Software programs which is what I was referring to as closing that type of downloads Dept.
I'm sure once word gets out the Landers are being checked it'll slow the attempts to share those DIRTY Ones, just as I am also sure there are those who will see it as a personal challenge to sharpen their Skills and bypass the measures In place lol.... The Business were in huh Evil Grin  
But yeah, You can't just shut everything down...That's what I was saying as well...
Like in the Jungle, which this IM game can be sometimes, Unfortunately, sometimes ya just have to let nature run it's course...
The GOOD, The BAD & The UGLY ! 

Ok I'll not Bother you Gentleman any Further...Enjoy your Evening Grin  

Back to the Lab>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PEACE
2017-11-08, 07:06 PM,
(2017-11-04, 11:30 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2017-11-04, 11:20 PM)Watt Wrote: Some things never change I assume (xd) and managing new accounts/approvals etc, would require a lot of time.

Oh yes.

And because I'm the laziest guy at CPAElites ;-) I always say: Let a bot do the work for you (here: forum plugin), to have more time for better things. (Like in my signature, umm... :p )

(2017-11-07, 07:43 PM)Verilog Wrote: HawkEye
Very correct things said above, now there are two ways to deal with the problem :-

1. Easy way, close the download section and don't allow people to give software download links. My view, I will prefer this.

2. Now comes tricky part, malware tools are highly possible to encrypted, obfuscated and can even pass anti-viruses, I myself have done reverse engineering and anyone who knows this, will agree that it takes time and effort to find backdoor. For this, if there are tools every week added, I will have to spend sometime to reverse engineer or even other members have to spend time to reverse engineer. It is not such a task which can be given to anyone.
Now comes a situation ANY member who has been assigned such task, is unable to find backdoor OR tries to infect members by saying the download is not infected(monopoly), it makes a bad name for elites as well and for the staff.

I am very happy that @Charliehelper raised this issue and I believe HawkEye, it is high time to close that section from posting downloads and cracked softwares.

I will end up my view by saying a very famous quote :-
"To Err is human"

(2017-11-08, 06:11 AM)SwiffJustus Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 01:03 AM)HawkEye Wrote: Just opening this up again quickly guys, okay so Verilog can you explain exactly what your idea is. Landing pages would still need to be allowed as restricting them would not work. I'm all for putting some type of redirect checker in place but I'm not going to ban it altogether.

Think this is a Good call Boss, I assume checking the Landers would be less time consuming than say Checking some of The SHARED Bigger Cracked/ Pirated Software programs which is what I was referring to as closing that type of downloads Dept.
I'm sure once word gets out the Landers are being checked it'll slow the attempts to share those DIRTY Ones, just as I am also sure there are those who will see it as a personal challenge to sharpen their Skills and bypass the measures In place lol.... The Business were in huh Evil Grin  
But yeah, You can't just shut everything down...That's what I was saying as well...
Like in the Jungle, which this IM game can be sometimes, Unfortunately, sometimes ya just have to let nature run it's course...
The GOOD, The BAD & The UGLY ! 

Ok I'll not Bother you Gentleman any Further...Enjoy your Evening Grin  

Back to the Lab>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PEACE

Morning Guys,

I have come up with a pretty good solution for this. My idea is that we will have the Elites helper bot add the first post into new threads via the downloads/niches forum. It will link to the sticky thread explaining how to check for redirects and viruses. I'll also add other useful resources into it too.
Latest Thanks - View all

SwiffJustus(2017-11-08 10:07 PM) Watt(2017-11-08 07:11 PM) 
2017-11-08, 07:14 PM,
(2017-11-08, 07:06 PM)HawkEye Wrote: Morning Guys,

I have come up with a pretty good solution for this. My idea is that we will have the Elites helper bot add the first post into new threads via the downloads/niches forum. It will link to the sticky thread explaining how to check for redirects and viruses. I'll also add other useful resources into it too.

Morning Boss ;-)

Nice idea! How about telling your Elites helper bot friend to automatically close the threads, when the download link is gone (404, missing file) and/or the VirusTotal scan turns into negative results. This would prevent "new" users from replying "thanks" over and over again, and the thread stays at its old place (without being bumped). Especially when the original author isn't active any more. (I discovered this many times.)

If you need any help to realize this, please drop me a line. I would be glad to help.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2017-11-08 07:53 PM) 

My latest thread: 3 to 5 Million US$ revenue

[Image: giphy.gif]

Automate your daily work with Bots!
Then you'll have more time to sleep. ;-)
2017-11-08, 07:55 PM,
(2017-11-08, 07:14 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:

Morning Boss ;-)

Nice idea! How about telling your Elites helper bot friend to automatically close the threads, when the download link is gone (404, missing file) and/or the VirusTotal scan turns into negative results. This would prevent "new" users from replying "thanks" over and over again, and the thread stays at its old place (without being bumped). Especially when the original author isn't active any more. (I discovered this many times.)

If you need any help to realize this, please drop me a line. I would be glad to help.

It will not close threads it will add the first post, that will link to sources and also mention to use the report feature if there's an issue. That's the most logical method.
2017-11-08, 08:33 PM,
(2017-11-08, 07:55 PM)HawkEye Wrote: It will not close threads it will add the first post, that will link to sources and also mention to use the report feature if there's an issue. That's the most logical method.

Sure, I understood your concept above already. :-)

I was just talking about an additional feature.
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2017-11-08 08:36 PM) 

My latest thread: 3 to 5 Million US$ revenue

[Image: giphy.gif]

Automate your daily work with Bots!
Then you'll have more time to sleep. ;-)
2017-11-08, 10:15 PM,

And this is why there is a Pack, and then a leader of that Pack Grin -lol
GOOD Logical solution!!
Very Good Job Sir!!

#SALUTE #RESPECT

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAMp_AAAAJDM2_MWUy_Y2_U0_LTN...z_ZGQz.png]
Latest Thanks - View all

HawkEye(2017-11-08 11:15 PM) 
2017-11-08, 11:17 PM,
(2017-11-08, 08:33 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 07:55 PM)HawkEye Wrote: It will not close threads it will add the first post, that will link to sources and also mention to use the report feature if there's an issue. That's the most logical method.

(2017-11-08, 10:15 PM)SwiffJustus Wrote:

GOOD Logical solution!!
Very Good Job Sir!!

#SALUTE #RESPECT

Thanks guys, I'll get this done tomorrow. Closing this down now. :)
Latest Thanks - View all

SwiffJustus(2017-11-08 11:19 PM) 
2017-11-09, 07:54 PM,
(2017-11-08, 08:33 PM)CharlieHarper Wrote:

(2017-11-08, 10:15 PM)SwiffJustus Wrote:

GOOD Logical solution!!
Very Good Job Sir!!

#SALUTE #RESPECT

Quick update for you guys: We have implemented the new feature take a look:
[Image: g4RhRe4.png]

It links to here; Protect Your Self From Sneaky Landing Page Redirects (Tutorial)

Thanks for the suggestion it's highly appreciated, closing this down now. :)
Latest Thanks - View all

SwiffJustus(2017-11-10 12:58 AM) Verilog(2017-11-09 07:59 PM) 

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats

© 2013-2018 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top