How to become a steady learner
2014-08-24, 05:59 AM,
(This post was last modified: 2014-08-24, 11:53 PM by Required.)
I just read an article on how a man would never tell his son he is smart because it would stop the learning curve. He only showed his son praise when his son fixed a mistake. This is a really interesting concept that we need to keep in mind all the time. Who would want to stay in a fixed mindset when you could be passively learning and growing.

You can develop a growing state of mind by staying AWARE of your actions and thoughts. I like to help myself stay aware of my thoughts by thinking of the "thought police" from 1984. For those who haven't read the book the main character has to hide his thoughts from the thought police or else they would hear. Whenever you start to develop an unfocused or upset mindset and you start to wear down or off track, you need to remember that it is better to stay on track, and you will be better off in the end. You need to be above your own thought filter and into your logical state of mind with NO EMOTIONAL DISTRACTION. I stress that when you are above your "emotional or tampered" thoughts you are thinking with logic instead of emotion.

Hope this sparks interest in yourself so you all could be growing instead of staying put.

If you'd like to read the article check it out below.
https://www.khanacademy.org/about/blog/p...my-son-hes

Code:
Dr. Carol Dweck of Stanford University has been studying people’s mindsets towards learning for decades. She has found that most people adhere to one of two mindsets: fixed or growth. Fixed mindsets mistakenly believe that people are either smart or not, that intelligence is fixed by genes. People with growth mindsets correctly believe that capability and intelligence can be grown through effort, struggle and failure. Dweck found that those with a fixed mindset tended to focus their effort on tasks where they had a high likelihood of success and avoided tasks where they may have had to struggle, which limited their learning. People with a growth mindset, however, embraced challenges, and understood that tenacity and effort could change their learning outcomes. As you can imagine, this correlated with the latter group more actively pushing themselves and growing intellectually.
Latest Thanks - View all

Peakfire(2014-08-24 10:47 PM) EpicNetwork(2014-08-24 08:19 PM) daemonX(2014-08-24 07:55 PM) Kaninomayn(2014-08-24 06:49 AM) 

repetition
2014-08-24, 08:09 PM,
Excellent read. Thanks for sharing this.

The ability and willingness to learn define your levels of achievement in life.
2014-08-24, 08:19 PM,
Incredible this article thank you very much for sharing

[Image: 1VP8RMt.png]
2014-08-24, 08:37 PM,
The truth is that we are learning the entire life and it will never be enough.
2014-08-25, 02:59 AM,
I always thought telling your kid he's smart would reinforce it actually i still do stand by it actually.

kind of a self-image thing that you have to live up to. like when someone calls you generous and then asks you to donate shortly after. I forgot what's that called it's taught in robert cialdini's book influence
2014-08-25, 09:45 AM,
(2014-08-25, 02:59 AM)bobobobobo Wrote: I always thought telling your kid he's smart would reinforce it actually i still do stand by it actually.

kind of a self-image thing that you have to live up to. like when someone calls you generous and then asks you to donate shortly after. I forgot what's that called it's taught in robert cialdini's book influence

That could also work but your heading towards self image while the article is about praise. I support the idea as well, sort of a family pride type deal.

repetition

About Us | Contact Us | CPA Elites | Advertise | Stats | Staff Team

© 2013-2017 CPA Elites Ltd
Enhanced by MyBB and WallBB
Return to top