How do we solve the population problem?
2014-04-29, 02:35 PM,
[Image: science-19-001.jpg]

Quote:The number of people on our planet has doubled to more than 7 billion since the 1960s and it is expected that by 2050 there will be at least 9 billion of us. Where are we all going to live and how are we going to make enough food and fuel for our ever-growing population? Maybe we can ship everyone off to Mars or start building apartment blocks underground. We could even start feeding ourselves with lab-grown meat. These may sound like sci-fi solutions, but we might have to start taking them more seriously.

Discuss...
2014-04-29, 03:05 PM,
Personally, I believe this will be more of an issue in first world countries as there's less room and land to construct on. Also, I would say something like developing what's not used in places such as Australia (figure out a way of living in the heat) and colder places in Canada which is inhabitable although we can't just ship people off like back in the British colony days, that would be against the law and constitution of other countries if they're born or live there etc.
2014-04-29, 03:44 PM,
The difference will be even more between rich and poor. Anyway, this planet would be just fine without us. But as long as there are more than ONE human being around, nothing will change. There will be one who has more than the other, period. Source of all trouble.
2014-04-29, 04:30 PM,
I don't think it's solvable, well, not in most countries.
2014-04-29, 04:33 PM,
(2014-04-29, 04:30 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: I don't think it's solvable, well, not in most countries.

I suppose we can only use so many resources before they grow out. Also, we haven't even got a solution to waste yet and it's piling up fast, it's just being buried underground for future Governments to sort out.

I believe the only way to limit the substantial population growth is the implementation of a law like China but with more variables like financial sitation - you shouldn't be able to have more than 2 kids if you're dirt poor, as much as I hate to say it.
2014-04-29, 04:35 PM,
(2014-04-29, 04:33 PM)BaD SpY Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 04:30 PM)ϟ★Hawk Eye★ϟ Wrote: I don't think it's solvable, well, not in most countries.

I suppose we can only use so many resources before they grow out. Also, we haven't even got a solution to waste yet and it's piling up fast, it's just being buried underground for future Governments to sort out.

I believe the only way to limit the substantial population growth is the implementation of a law like China but with more variables like financial sitation - you shouldn't be able to have more than 2 kids if you're dirt poor, as much as I hate to say it.

True, I just don't see countries like the UK / US putting such strict laws into place.
2014-04-29, 06:43 PM,
All human beings were born corrupt. The only solution on this is to abolish all political borders and unite as one nation.
We are all human beings after all.
2014-04-29, 07:11 PM,
Population doubled because there is no wars. A big wars that happened in the past were the reason for a mass human loss. Now the population is growing, but a technology is also growing, so a new land territories could be discovered because the Earth is a permanent mystery. Also, by the next decades a lot of people will die due to enormous amount of chemicals being present in every aspect of our life. I believe the scientists already have the 'code' for immortality like they have it for a human cloning also, but no one dares to share it in public. If anyone even tries to share it in public he'll be eliminated instantly. The same with a cancer - the scientists know that a lack of vitamin B17 causes the cancer but if you share this information worldwide the big pharmacies are gonna lose a huge amounts of money and that's the reason no one dares to talk about that. A common people don't wanna mess with those guys that have a complete monopoly over our lives.
Latest Thanks - View all

CPAManager(2014-05-18 04:10 AM) 
2014-04-29, 08:47 PM,
I think we should build upwards:D
2014-05-01, 03:29 PM,
(2014-04-29, 07:11 PM)WoodnoteAtaraxy Wrote: Population doubled because there is no wars. A big wars that happened in the past were the reason for a mass human loss. Now the population is growing, but a technology is also growing, so a new land territories could be discovered because the Earth is a permanent mystery. Also, by the next decades a lot of people will die due to enormous amount of chemicals being present in every aspect of our life. I believe the scientists already have the 'code' for immortality like they have it for a human cloning also, but no one dares to share it in public. If anyone even tries to share it in public he'll be eliminated instantly. The same with a cancer - the scientists know that a lack of vitamin B17 causes the cancer but if you share this information worldwide the big pharmacies are gonna lose a huge amounts of money and that's the reason no one dares to talk about that. A common people don't wanna mess with those guys that have a complete monopoly over our lives.

That's true - I forgot about wars. That's more likely to happen - there's sure to be a big war within the next 50 years, they seem to breakout so quick you can't even predict them beyond 1 or a few years depending on the scenario.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is global warming a serious problem? zamnajali 11 404 2017-05-13, 10:06 AM
Last Post: urangi
  Selfie stick problem M!st3r XX 9 980 2015-07-21, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DutchPride
  Have problem with android M!st3r XX 11 659 2015-06-28, 06:17 PM
  problem with skype syncmaster 7 589 2015-03-26, 03:02 AM
  problem with mediafire syncmaster 3 403 2015-03-19, 10:02 PM
Last Post: wilderx